Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-25-2017, 06:00 PM   #21151
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've had to jiggle the wheel, push the button, and turn the key all at once to get the key out.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2017, 09:57 PM   #21152
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I've had to jiggle the wheel, push the button, and turn the key all at once to get the key out.

Cool, i"ll try it all at once tomorrow, i already wiggled it, shook it, and looked at it funny to no avail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:25 AM   #21153
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Cool, i"ll try it all at once tomorrow, i already wiggled it, shook it, and looked at it funny to no avail
If you jiggle it more than three times, then you're just playing with it.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:05 PM   #21154
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
If you jiggle it more than three times, then you're just playing with it.

Lmao,

I set my self up for that one dammit
Maybe I"ll lube it up and see if i can get it to come out
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:42 PM   #21155
lgsr20swap
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
lgsr20swap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Does anyone know where to get new wrist pin clips for rb25 or know what clips are interchangeable. Tks

lgsr20swap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:51 PM   #21156
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Can you drop an S13 KA into a 96 S14 without any issues as far as smog n shit? This would be in CA
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:01 PM   #21157
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
APEXi Power FC with Commander

SR20det redtop with MAF

Question: I acquired one, but its tuned and I want to bring it back and operate it on APEXi's base tune. My setup is pretty much stock besides adding a FMIC. I don't know the exact steps to complete the Idle Relearn process.

I went through the reset process (but i believe i may have to reset it again). USING THE COMMANDER I did this Power ACC on>ECT.>Data Int (something like that)>Yes>Power off

I read that once you do this you'll have to go through the Idle Relearn process. Im getting to much conflicting info. as I research this so that is why I'm on here.

APEXi Power FC guru's where you guys at help a brother out.
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:23 PM   #21158
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
The PowerFC manual states to start the car, ensure no errors are present and let the car idle for at least 30 minutes. During this idle period wait about 10 minutes, turn on the air con, wait another 10, turn on the demister, wait another 10 minutes or so and then your car is ready to drive. If you short cut the self learn idle procedure once the car is turned off and back on again it will simply stall each time. If this occurs you must factory reset it again and do the procedure from the st.art
http://www.paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #21159
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post

Demister ? Rear Defroster? Lol

Old 06-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #21160
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Yes, the defrost. Higher electrical load with it on.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:44 PM   #21161
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Yes, the defrost. Higher electrical load with it on.

So the car should NOT HAVE ANY FAULTS my question is that when I had a KA the check engine light would illuminate for faults, as soon as I went SR I lost the check engine function (no longer illuminated as far as faults go) since then I've gone with a custom gauge cluster setup and like a dumb @ss I didn't wire up the check engine light since it never worked as soon as I got the SR in. So the question is to check for faults can I rely on my commander to check for sensor faults ?

Once last thing my IACV the screw is up should I close it all the way down ? When I got the engine I never messed with it just left it how it was. Swapped and ran the car.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:49 PM   #21162
sentradude
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
sentradude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Alright guys, got a question.

How tight are the hubs suppose to go on the front spindles? Aftermarket knuckles - to get the hubs on I need to use a rubber mallet and its a huge pain in the azz to remove the hubs again.. almost like pressing them on, does this sound right?!
I mean I know my old hubs slide on and off the spindle easily without an issue.. anyone run into this with aftermarket knuckles?
sentradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:46 PM   #21163
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So what are we going to do now that Photobucket broke the image hosting on every forum?

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:51 PM   #21164
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So what are we going to do now that Photobucket broke the image hosting on every forum?

host all your stuff on Facebook... dur ive been doing it for the past 8 years, works like a charm

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #21165
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
host all your stuff on Facebook... dur ive been doing it for the past 8 years, works like a charm
Except that many work firewalls block Facebook. Okay to waste time on a car forum, but not Facebook for some reason, lol.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:14 PM   #21166
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentradude View Post
How tight are the hubs suppose to go on the front spindles? Aftermarket knuckles - to get the hubs on I need to use a rubber mallet and its a huge pain in the azz to remove the hubs again.. almost like pressing them on, does this sound right?! I mean I know my old hubs slide on and off the spindle easily without an issue
That doesn't sound right. Like you said the hub should slide easily over the spindle. What kind of knuckles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I host everything on Imgur. Seems to work ok, and seeing it be used everywhere on Reddit seems to support that. I usually only upload one pic at a time whenever I need to, but I'm sure that once you make an account all your uploaded photos are kept organized.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:46 PM   #21167
Diego9777
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Diego9777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I got an s14 ka24de..

Got an egr code, deleted the egr system, but I still have code p1400 which is the egrc solenoid valve.

Since I deleted the egr, the egrc solenoid valve shouldn't affect my car mechanically in any way correct? I can just ignore the cel? My car runs fine, idles fine, it's just the code that's popping up. I appreciate any help.
Diego9777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #21168
idea

idea is an unknown quantity at this point
So I've tried googling this, but only came up with pictures and no real answer. I'm looking to get some new wheels for my S13 coupe, and would 18x9.5 +15f, and 19x10.5 +15r fit on a stock body?? Fenders are rolled, with the rears being slightly pulled. Car is sitting on Blitz coilovers if that makes any difference.
idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:23 AM   #21169
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough

EDIT: Fixed, stupid mistake.

Last edited by PatPs13; 07-04-2017 at 01:48 PM..
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #21170
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Wired up my circuit sports fan controller. I have it wired just like my attachment (I know the picture isn't circuit sports). Only thing different is I am using a 20A fuse and I have a thick green wire going to two fans to power them instead of two separate wires going to two fans like the picture. My 20 amp fuse will blow, it's not immediately but it tends to blow after a few mins of driving with the fans turned on. I checked my wiring and it looks good. Could it be I need a bigger fuse for the two fans?

Old 07-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #21171
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Hey guys just picked up an auto s13. (Yes i do plan to 5 speed swap it) can anyone tell me why i cant put the car into park? its on Reverse right now and i can move it through everything else just not part. This is while the car is off. There was no keys when i got the car and the ignition cylinder is off the car. I finally got keys made. Any input would greatly be appreciated. I just want to drive it around til im able to get all 5 speed parts.
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #21172
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Wired up my circuit sports fan controller. I have it wired just like my attachment (I know the picture isn't circuit sports). Only thing different is I am using a 20A fuse and I have a thick green wire going to two fans to power them instead of two separate wires going to two fans like the picture. My 20 amp fuse will blow, it's not immediately but it tends to blow after a few mins of driving with the fans turned on. I checked my wiring and it looks good. Could it be I need a bigger fuse for the two fans?
What is the fan manufacture's recommended fuse size?

I'm using a 40amp for my twin FALs.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #21173
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
What is the fan manufacture's recommended fuse size?

I'm using a 40amp for my twin FALs.
Dosent say, they're two Isis 12" fans. I'm just going to add a 30amp and see what happens. Im assuming 20 was too low.
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #21174
VTEC_lol
Leaky Injector

VTEC_lol is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an S14a and I ordered 10mm Eibach pro spacer kit with extended studs that is meant for Z33 350Z, will the studs fit my car? They should be same, right?

EDIT: also I repainted my calipers so that the NISSAN logo was left "bare" but I put a lot of high temp (800C) clearcoat on the calipers, can it still rust though?
VTEC_lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #21175
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_lol View Post
I have an S14a and I ordered 10mm Eibach pro spacer kit with extended studs that is meant for Z33 350Z, will the studs fit my car? They should be same, right?

EDIT: also I repainted my calipers so that the NISSAN logo was left "bare" but I put a lot of high temp (800C) clearcoat on the calipers, can it still rust though?
The studs will only fit the rear hubs. Maybe only the front, I forget at the moment. I just know the studs are different front and rear on these cars for some reason that made sense to Nissan in the 90s.

Clear should be fine on the calipers.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #21176
idea

Redtop SR with stock injectors, stock MAF, and stock fuel pump, is it safe to run @ 10 psi on the t25? I have a FMIC, intake, and 3" cat back(those mods came with the car when purchased). I did a little searching online, but couldn't find a definitive answer.

My friend gave me his Grimmspeed MBC, and I'm contemplating turning up the stock boost a little. Just curious if it would be safe to run at 10 psi?
Old 07-06-2017, 10:07 PM   #21177
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
yes, 10psi is fine... stock boost on a redtop is 12psi from the factory anyways (if youre running the factory boost solenoid)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:07 PM   #21178
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Yeah, 10 is fine. maybe consider upgrading your fuel pump as a precaution
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:23 PM   #21179
VTEC_lol
Leaky Injector

VTEC_lol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
The studs will only fit the rear hubs. Maybe only the front, I forget at the moment. I just know the studs are different front and rear on these cars for some reason that made sense to Nissan in the 90s.

Clear should be fine on the calipers.
I tried searching and found that at least stock front studs should be the same for z33, s14, s15 and so on? I ordered them for the front so it should fit... I think.
Any confirmation would be great
VTEC_lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:18 AM   #21180
idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
yes, 10psi is fine... stock boost on a redtop is 12psi from the factory anyways (if youre running the factory boost solenoid)
Okay sweet! Yeah I don't think I had a factory boost solenoid, as it was sitting at like 6 or 7 psi lol. So does that mean I could technically go up to 12psi with no issues? Or is that not recommended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Yeah, 10 is fine. maybe consider upgrading your fuel pump as a precaution
Yup plan on buying that next! Perhaps, with the ISR Turbo kit? Kind of torn between buying that kit, or getting a t28.