Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
pkw1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
pkw1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What's the value of a new set of S14 Kouki Tail Lights Complete Set

I used to own a 95 S14 which I collected a bunch of parts of over the 12 years I've owned the car. I sold the car back in 2012 and since forgotten about all the parts I have hidden in the basement until a recent clean up.

I currently have a brand new in box set of OEM Kouki tail lights set with new seals harness as well as a new rear emblem; that I'm trying to decide if I want to sell or hang on to in dreaming that I may own an S14 again some day in the future.

I have tried looking around to see what these are worth, and the only thing I found was a used and scratched set for $290US + Shipping on ebay, and an online store that's selling the left and right side only for $191US + shipping per side.

Here are the pictures of mine.

pkw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
They still sell them new , I think you can buy them new for 335 for the two outside lights but I can't find the price for the center , unless you need the money they will alway be worth more later on , I'd keep them like all my other new oem parts
Old 04-18-2017, 09:40 PM   #3
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_S14 View Post
They still sell them new , I think you can buy them new for 335 for the two outside lights but I can't find the price for the center , unless you need the money they will alway be worth more later on , I'd keep them like all my other new oem parts
Yes, you can still buy the left and right lamps new from Nissan and the reason you can't find info on the center is because it is discontinued.

I don't remember the exact list prices, but I believe the side lamps retail for around $230 each and the center was around $530 list.

Honesty, I'd keep them. I work at a Nissan dealer and have had quite a few people ask me for pricing on them, they are usually either mad they are discontinued or get shitty with me about the pricing. I have no doubt that a full set could sell for more than what Nissan "lists" them at, but if you sell them you probably won't find another set like them.
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
God this is reminding me of runescape days of owning rare items...
Old 04-19-2017, 12:20 AM   #5
pkw1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
pkw1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool, thank you guys so much for the info. I'll probably hang on to them.
pkw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:21 PM   #6
Automatic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
Automatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
TLDR: it was expensive.

I've been wanting to say that I paid an obscene amount for 3 pieces BNIB.

The corner tails can be about $180 each+/- , and are still available.

(I think I bought mine from thenismoshop.com for a little bit cheaper

The center back up lamp assembly w/ emblem, is no longer available to be bought new anymore.

Or, at least, here is my story:

About 2 months ago I had been planning long ago to replace my faded ones, and found out they were discontinued quite recently and that all the stock had pretty much vanished.

Every search, with every keyword/Part No., in google, in Craigslist Facebook and dealership, etc.

I read a comment review saying, "you guys are the only ones who've got this in stock" and it was posted that same day i was looking to buy.

it was a sign

Many websites with "stock" would Refund my money days after placing an order.

I even emailed an eBay seller because he wanted too much! I offered $500 for just the center piece, no emblem.

he said no he can't budge.

Kept searching, and thought about other ways to have a fresh crispy 3 piece.

My google searches started leading me back to the same guy on ebay.

after debating and deliberating with myself, i had the support of my family, lol jk,

I caved in and bought if for an almost astonishing price, I'm ashamed to say, and I am still trying to justify it to people who don't give a crap lol.

There was only one, New, on eBay, you've probably seen the listing, because this thread was posted 4 days after I took it.

I think I bought the "last one".

I'm scared of it.

thanks for reading guys

Last edited by Automatic; 06-10-2017 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: editing words add pics
Automatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #7
95_S14
Post Whore!

95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
TLDR: it was expensive.

I've been wanting to say that I paid an obscene amount for 3 pieces BNIB.

The corner tails can be about $180 each+/- , and are still available.

(I think I bought mine from thenismoshop.com for a little bit cheaper

The center back up lamp assembly w/ emblem, is no longer available to be bought new anymore.

Or, at least, here is my story:

About 2 months ago I had been planning long ago to replace my faded ones, and found out they were discontinued quite recently and that all the stock had pretty much vanished.

Every search, with every keyword/Part No., in google, in Craigslist Facebook and dealership, etc.

I read a comment review saying, "you guys are the only ones who've got this in stock" and it was posted that same day i was looking to buy.

it was a sign

Many websites with "stock" would Refund my money days after placing an order.

I even emailed an eBay seller because he wanted too much! I offered $500 for just the center piece, no emblem.

he said no he can't budge.

Kept searching, and thought about other ways to have a fresh crispy 3 piece.

My google searches started leading me back to the same guy on ebay.

after debating and deliberating with myself, i had the support of my family, lol jk,

I caved in and bought if for an almost astonishing price, I'm ashamed to say, and I am still trying to justify it to people who don't give a crap lol.

There was only one, New, on eBay, you've probably seen the listing, because this thread was posted 4 days after I took it.

I think I bought the "last one".

I'm scared of it.

*kinda don't mean to be stealth bragging, the troll-haters are very intimidating. thanks for reading
So what did you pay for the set
Old 06-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #8
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-98-Nissan...p2047675.l2557

$650 shipped and sold
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:53 PM   #9
Automatic
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_S14 View Post
So what did you pay for the set
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KA View Post
That's the one! haha you got me! :face palm:

Y'all stay good.

Also, to clarify, at 650 it came with emblem.

I know there are very capable painters out there that can refinish the faded ones at a more decent price, and the results can look great or even better in some. Get em!

So with all that being said,

Whats the resale value on one of these things Full set?
Old 06-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #10
95_S14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
That's the one! haha you got me! :face palm:

Y'all stay good.

Also, to clarify, at 650 it came with emblem.

I know there are very capable painters out there that can refinish the faded ones at a more decent price, and the results can look great or even better in some. Get em!

With all that being said, Whats the resale value on one of these things Full set?
Around what you paid , not much more
Old 06-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #11
Automatic
Leaky Injector

yeah it was a fair price, still hurts my pocket to think about it, and makes me anxious to enjoy when driving.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:33 AM   #12
JSimpson
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
JSimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I would (and still will) pay $2,000 for a new set of Kouki tail lights if anyone wants to part with them.
JSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote