Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-17-2018, 08:21 PM   #21571
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Or just cut off the ends of the stock studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2018, 11:17 PM   #21572
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_lol View Post
I have 20mm spacers that I'd want to put on since my front offset is kinda bad and my wheels will hit the calipers, but I've recently put extended eibach studs and with 20mm spacers the studs won't allow my wheel to fit. My wheels are dual pattern so that's why this is an issue for me.
The question is that is it safe to "enlarge" the other pattern holes (like drilling or something) in order to fit the wheel? I mean it only touches the wheel like a few millimeters so slightly enlargening the threads would allow the wheel to fit right?
The extended studs are new and I wouldn't want to damage them, but the wheel I don't mind since I'll never use the other pattern or resell the wheels.
Or any other idea how I could fit the wheel?

I had this issue when going Z32, with spacers to make the wheels clear the calipers.

I had enough room to just toss on a nice big drill bit and make some holes in the rims to clear the studs.

I did have everything balanced after the fact, but before I did that I drove for 5 years on those re-drilled wheels.

Not a bad idea if you ask me. Just don't get stupid with drilling the backs of your wheel centers out.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:21 AM   #21573
VTEC_lol
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
VTEC_lol is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Alright thanks for the replies, I do indeed have 20mm adapters and not slip on spacers, so I'll have the holes drilled a bit bigger so the wheels will fit
VTEC_lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #21574
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Has anyone here rebuilt a powersteering pump? I can't find any write ups and was wondering how time consuming/difficult it would be.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:00 AM   #21575
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosawmike View Post
I have an S13 Silvia that I am doing an RB25 neo swap in. I want to keep AC. I have 1.5" between the rad and engine, so i don't think a puller is an option (I will loose the AC before I cut the rad support).

Can I get away with mounting a high flow pusher in front of the condenser?

This is not a track car, so the most it will see is spirited runs on back roads. I also don't see much stop and go traffic where I live.

I have a Mishimoto KA radiator and the stock AC condenser. I will buy air diversion panels if needed.

Thanks for the help!
I can't see why it would be an issue as many cars have pusher fans for AC related extra cooling.

With that said, is there a way to modify the mounts to fit something like a Dual Flex a lite slim fan setup, or even Altima twin fan setup? Unsure how close it is. Use one fan for main cooling and then have AC trigger the second for AC

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #21576
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I can't see why it would be an issue as many cars have pusher fans for AC related extra cooling.

With that said, is there a way to modify the mounts to fit something like a Dual Flex a lite slim fan setup, or even Altima twin fan setup? Unsure how close it is. Use one fan for main cooling and then have AC trigger the second for AC
Won't the dual fan aluminum shroud from enjuku fit? The shroud is 1" and the dual fan centers are off center
Old 01-21-2018, 09:46 PM   #21577
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quick question guys. I ordered an isis arms package and it came with 4 extra spacers. I think they are tension rod spacers? They're a little bit thicker than the ones that came on the arm. The arms bolted up to my car no problem. What are those extra spacers for? Thanks
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #21578
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
the "ears" on the subframe are different widths for one particular arm between s13 and s14. can't remember which.

if your arms bolted up to the subframe without a huge gap bewteen the spacers and ears, then you have the right spacers in your arms, and nothing to worry about.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:01 AM   #21579
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Won't the dual fan aluminum shroud from enjuku fit? The shroud is 1" and the dual fan centers are off center
I've never played with it so it's hard to say

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #21580
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Quick question guys. I ordered an isis arms package and it came with 4 extra spacers. I think they are tension rod spacers? They're a little bit thicker than the ones that came on the arm. The arms bolted up to my car no problem. What are those extra spacers for? Thanks
The spacers are for the rear toe arms. S13 and S14 use a different size. If you're switching chassis, just swap the spacers and it'll fit.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:35 PM   #21581
white_is
Leaky Injector

white_is is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know if Ganador sells the LED portion of the mirrors separately as replacement parts? I’ve got a pair, and my passenger side looks like it was hit by something. It’s cracked and I’m assuming water got into it and fried the LEDs. Would love to have both functioning
white_is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:57 PM   #21582
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
What is the Tallest diameter wheel/tire combo I can use on an S14 240sx
With all stock suspension more or less

If it would really help I could change something. Control arm, shock type, its possible.

with:
-any OEM wheels (from ANY car)
-Aftermarket wheels

And to add another question, What is also the lightest wheel/tire while still being tallest or almost as tall as possible. I am interested in Tallest, lightest. But would accept just a nice tall tire that doesn't look that stupid. I realize I am asking alot here.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:45 AM   #21583
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
What is the Tallest diameter wheel/tire combo I can use on an S14 240sx
With all stock suspension more or less

If it would really help I could change something. Control arm, shock type, its possible.

with:
-any OEM wheels (from ANY car)
-Aftermarket wheels

And to add another question, What is also the lightest wheel/tire while still being tallest or almost as tall as possible. I am interested in Tallest, lightest. But would accept just a nice tall tire that doesn't look that stupid. I realize I am asking alot here.
OE is 24.9"~ with a 205-55-16
A 245-40-18 is ~25.4". Moving to a 45 profile and going taller gives you about 26.7"
245-35-19 is about 25.8"

At about 26" you run out of room under the spring perch(stock shocks and springs), going over will more than likely hit the coil over unless you go with a +5 - -5 offset

Stock suspension, 245-40-18 with at least +12 - +5 offset, but you may hit when turning in front.
On stock, 235-45-17 9" rim, +10 offset will clear everything

Lightest wheel, hands down is Enkie RPF-1, or Buddy Club's if you can find them
Old 01-25-2018, 05:04 PM   #21584
Bxcliff

Bxcliff is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys I'm planning on painting my engine bay white while the motor is out of my Z. I'm looking for a clearcoat that will easily be cleaned if it gets dirty and is protective for the paint. Any suggestions?

I'm going to use the cheapo rustoleoum gloss white base coat btw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
Bxcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:16 PM   #21585
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxcliff View Post
Hey guys I'm planning on painting my engine bay white while the motor is out of my Z. I'm looking for a clearcoat that will easily be cleaned if it gets dirty and is protective for the paint. Any suggestions?

I'm going to use the cheapo rustoleoum gloss white base coat btw.

if youre using aerosol paint, youre screwed. you will need to properly paint the engine bay with a 2 stage paint and clear. aerosol based clears will buckle under any kind of brake cleaner or carb cleaner you use.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #21586
Bxcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
if youre using aerosol paint, youre screwed. you will need to properly paint the engine bay with a 2 stage paint and clear. aerosol based clears will buckle under any kind of break cleaner or carb cleaner you use.
I'm using my vertical air compressor and a spray gun I have, I'm buying the big Fallon of gloss white paint for it too. 2 coats of base and a few for clear coat but idk what kind is best for what I'm looking for

Old 01-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #21587
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
I'm using my vertical air compressor and a spray gun I have, I'm buying the big Fallon of gloss white paint for it too. 2 coats of base and a few for clear coat but idk what kind is best for what I'm looking for

Spraymax 2K Clear. It's a 2 stage clear like auto body shops, but in a can. Perfect for underhood and other small jobs. https://repaintsupply.com/spraymax-3...sol-p3685.html
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #21588
Bxcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Spraymax 2K Clear. It's a 2 stage clear like auto body shops, but in a can. Perfect for underhood and other small jobs. https://repaintsupply.com/spraymax-3...sol-p3685.html
Sounds good, how many of those do,
you think i need for the whole bay?

Old 01-26-2018, 06:09 AM   #21589
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Sounds good, how many of those do,
you think i need for the whole bay?

2 or 3 should do it. I'd buy 4 just to be sure.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:24 AM   #21590
Bxcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
2 or 3 should do it. I'd buy 4 just to be sure.
Thanks for your help man

Old 01-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #21591
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Does someone have a link to the guy selling machined power steering return fittings?
Old 01-27-2018, 02:24 PM   #21592
VTEC_lol
Leaky Injector

I painted my calipers last summer in a way that the whole caliper is black and the nissan logo is sanded to bare metal, then applied a lot of clear coat over the whole caliper.
But the car has been sitting on my yard throughout the whole winter and the damn logo has started to rust. (like very minor rust spots here and there)

Now the question is that is it possible to leave the logo bare metal if I now sand it back and apply more clear coat? Or will it rust again? If not then I think I have to paint it.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #21593
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_lol View Post
I painted my calipers last summer in a way that the whole caliper is black and the nissan logo is sanded to bare metal, then applied a lot of clear coat over the whole caliper.
But the car has been sitting on my yard throughout the whole winter and the damn logo has started to rust. (like very minor rust spots here and there)

Now the question is that is it possible to leave the logo bare metal if I now sand it back and apply more clear coat? Or will it rust again? If not then I think I have to paint it.

you were supposed to clear over the logo

Old 01-27-2018, 03:33 PM   #21594
VTEC_lol
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
you were supposed to clear over the logo
I did, I in fact clear coated the whole caliper with the logo included.
I mean come on, if I left it bare metal without clear coat it wouldn't last more than a few days
Old 01-27-2018, 06:00 PM   #21595
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
HOFFMAN - is this what you're talking about?
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=638275
is your rack leaking finally? :P

Last edited by 240KA; 02-10-2018 at 09:38 PM..
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:12 PM   #21596
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Close, but I need the return line fitting. My feed line fitting still has never leaked. Put one on the return and it leaked. Put a copper washer on and it held for a little while but now it’s leaking again. There was someone selling them in the market place a little while back but I can’t find it
Old 01-27-2018, 08:05 PM   #21597
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=608121

this guy?
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:26 PM   #21598
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

^That's the one! Thanks my dude
Old 02-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #21599
Chewiemoto_619

Chewiemoto_619 is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 dumb question on seats

i recently bought a gutted s14 and i wanna reinstall a new interior. i was wondering what the differences are on kouki and zenki rear seats if there are any. would kouki rear seats fit in a zenki?? gracias
Chewiemoto_619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #21600
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewiemoto_619 View Post
i recently bought a gutted s14 and i wanna reinstall a new interior. i was wondering what the differences are on kouki and zenki rear seats if there are any. would kouki rear seats fit in a zenki?? gracias
there are no differences... S14 seats are S14 seats are S14 seats (outside of cloth color)