Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2017, 04:27 AM   #15781
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is one of the grip royal cars.

https://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/d...417943280.html
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #15782
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i normally dont comment in this thread, but im going to present you with an argument justifying how this setup below is incorrectly done...

v-mount based intercooler setup in the S-Chassis was created to afford the most air flow possible to the intercooler as well as radiator while eliminating excess heat soaking of the intercooler from ground temperatures as well as radiator heat emissions. with the setup shown above, the radiator hose stretching across the radiator causes turbulence in air flow to the radiator itself, blocks a good deal of surface area by having piping going straight across and is just all around aesthetically unattractive (drift car or not, an eyesore is an eyesore). also, the car appears to be missing side pieces to make up a proper air dam.

the whole purpose to a vmount is to remove large sections of intercooler piping to allow for faster spooling as well as more efficient airflow/cooling to both the intercooler and radiator by eliminating the two sitting infront/behind one another. having a pipe stretching straight across the front of the radiator almost defeats the purpose of a v-mount setup simply because it creates turbulence and a deflection factor to air coming into the vmount setup itself on both devices. also neglecting to add the side pieces to create an actual air dam hurts the flow of air as its spread any which way it wants to travel versus being directed to the intercooler and radiator.
Minor issue, but you want turbulent airflow in a radiator. You get better heat transfer with turbulent flow than with laminar flow since you transfer heat to the entire air stream rather that just the boundary layer contacting the surface. I'm sure that's not why he ran it that way, but once the air is inside the bumper, it's going through the intercooler or radiator, or at least it would if he had proper ducting in place. If it's going through the radiator it's going to pick up heat better if turbulent. It looks like there is a puller fan as well. I doubt he has any cooling issues because of the routing. I'd be more worried about a rock or shrapnel cutting the exposed soft radiator hose.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #15783
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared420sx View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol holy fuck would that mess with someone
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #15784
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post

https://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/d...417943280.html
Did you see when Scott got it? lol. It's about as right as it's gonna get lol.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #15785
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #15786
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^^ Spark plug is a good idea in a pinch. If it can hold 1500psi inside the cylinder, it'll hold in some oil just fine.

Not a great idea to leave it there permanently though. It would suck to snag it on some road debris and rip out the threads.

S-chassis FB groups are hilarious

"how tf do you get it out ive been trying to pry it out but its not budging"
Old 12-11-2017, 01:47 PM   #15787
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
^^ Spark plug is a good idea in a pinch. If it can hold 1500psi inside the cylinder, it'll hold in some oil just fine.

Not a great idea to leave it there permanently though. It would suck to snag it on some road debris and rip out the threads.

Good god I hope it was a pinch situation and just not some lazy ass shade tree mechanic like I assume. And in relation to your photo...

Lol when it doubt just pry it
Old 12-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #15788
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
^^ Spark plug is a good idea in a pinch. If it can hold 1500psi inside the cylinder, it'll hold in some oil just fine."
Just what I was thinking. Keep electricity/road shitz away from the terminal though. Could you imagine the ka-boom if you got it to spark?
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:11 AM   #15789
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How the fuck did he get the front bolts out without lowering the trans at all and CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE PLATE OUT
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:03 PM   #15790
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sometimes Im proud of the junk we have here in CO.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...411366125.html

dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:02 AM   #15791
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub40sx View Post
"I have a 1996 s14 Nissan 240sx with a rabbit bunny boss body kit"..
Rabbit bunny...🤣

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:19 AM   #15792
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Old 12-15-2017, 09:24 AM   #15793
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
An oil filter wrench? Christ......

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #15794
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
An oil filter wrench? Christ......

Yea, cause ya know, every single autoparts store doesn't carry mufflers...
Old 12-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #15795
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

And done by an exhaust shop.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #15796
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub40sx View Post

Yuck...
Old 12-15-2017, 12:54 PM   #15797
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
EXPECTATION

REALITY

Old 12-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #15798
ANDY black s13
Zilvia Member

ANDY black s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
How the fuck did he get the front bolts out without lowering the trans at all and CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE PLATE OUT

my guess is the shifter plate had 5 bolts after previous repairs/bodge ups etc,
he removed the 4 easy to get to bolts and all went down hill from there
ANDY black s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:40 PM   #15799
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:

I want to believe he's joking, but knowing how the latest generations of "enthusiast" are, I believe 100% he's serious.
Then after a few months when he gets bored with it, he'll put it up for sale and list it as "clean", and "unmolested"...
Fucking kids, man....
Old 12-15-2017, 06:51 PM   #15800
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #15801
dr_
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
dr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
I just realized his parking brake lol.
correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not just a stock ebrake? i don't see how it out of everything there is diw
dr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:04 AM   #15802
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
correct me *edit* I'm wrong, *edit* seatbelt/ ratchet strap ebrake.
[emoji108]

[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #15803
dr_
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
dr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
[emoji108]

Oh damn didn’t even see it on my phone. At first glance it looked like he just had his lap belt thrown over it.

Which begs the question, why have the stock ebrake in there at all
dr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #15804
AMD 240
Leaky Injector

AMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AMD 240
the fuck is this shit?!
Old 12-20-2017, 09:14 AM   #15805
kevinphan
Zilvia Member

kevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud of
Lol I have seen that guys subaru locally and it is terrible. Sucks hes a local and we will have to see it in person
kevinphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #15806
shirekid369

shirekid369 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ not mounted. just for haha's when he first got the car
shirekid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #15807
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD 240 View Post
the fuck is this shit?!
You've been had.. those are 5x100 wheels and a 4 lug car. The axles wouldn't survive a second.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #15808
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
"I have a 1996 s14 Nissan 240sx with a rabbit bunny boss body kit"..
Rabbit bunny...��

This is the exact shit you get when you have literally no idea what you're doing, but have a huge fanboi hard on, and too much money burning a hole in your pocket.

Everything fits like unholy trash. Further evidenced by the lack of the swapped in s14 seat so someone can actually drive it. Dude couldn't even get seat brackets right, the passenger side Cobra looks like its in the ceiling.

Lifeguard spec seat brackets FTW.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:06 PM   #15809
AMD 240
Leaky Injector

AMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AMD 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post
You've been had.. those are 5x100 wheels and a 4 lug car. The axles wouldn't survive a second.
ahaha. i figured it had to be a joke.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #15810
kevinphan
Zilvia Member

kevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirekid369 View Post
^^ not mounted. just for haha's when he first got the car
his subaru has similar fitment so i wouldnt be surprised if this one had terribly slanted wheel either
kevinphan is offline   Reply With Quote