Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Which?
siebon 233 54.06%
vis 73 16.94%
carbon creations 34 7.89%
none of the above(post your option) 91 21.11%
Voters: 431. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
LS14

Trader Rating: (1)
LS14 will become famous soon enoughLS14 will become famous soon enoughLS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
carbon fiber hoods!!!

ok, so here's the deal. i'm looking to get a carbon fiber hood, however there are so many choices/companies. SO to narrow it down i will be going with a well known brand for they should have a better fit and better quality hood.

here are the 3 companies i've been looking at

SEIBON

VIS

CARBON-CREATIONS

any other quality cf hood that you might be aware of!!

tell me what you guys think. ANSWERS FROM PPL THAT HAVE OR HAVE HAD CF HOODS WOULD BE THE BEST...

please don't just pick a random company.

thanks

P.S. its going to be a stock cf hood!!!

Last edited by LS14; 07-26-2008 at 06:10 PM..
LS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #2
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Seibon.

dfhajkfhdsjkaf
Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
SR2Zero
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really niceSR2Zero is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Seibon's shit is always quality.
SR2Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
I would say all of those companys by my standards are barely good enough, but far from being great in fitment and quality. They have waves and typically the gaps are off a lot sometimes even though nothing will be perfect.

And you forgot to add an actual poll. PM a mod to get it fixed if you don't want this locked.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:52 AM   #5
jrocslider
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
jrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfectionjrocslider is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
dmax or origin
Old 07-26-2008, 01:02 AM   #6
derek_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
derek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant futurederek_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to derek_s13
i can't comment on any other brands, but the ViS carbon fiber hoods aren't 100% cf. in fact, they're just a thin layer of cf layed over an entirely fiberglass hood.

true story.
derek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #7
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
kognition>origin>dmax
Old 07-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #8
LS14

LS14 will become famous soon enoughLS14 will become famous soon enoughLS14 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlervibes View Post
I would say all of those companys by my standards are barely good enough, but far from being great in fitment and quality. They have waves and typically the gaps are off a lot sometimes even though nothing will be perfect.

And you forgot to add an actual poll. PM a mod to get it fixed if you don't want this locked.
ok, so what other companies would have a better quality stock replacement cf hood? cuz i'm really looking for top quality. i don't want to play around with fitment, nor do i want the hood to fade. i'm also looking for an actual cf hood, not just a fiberglass one with a layer over it...

as for the poll, for some reason i couldn't add one when i made the post, but a pm'ed a mod about it, so i should get fixed.

thanks
Old 07-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #9
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Well for a good one, expect to pay a pretty penny. I just bought my Yashio Factory for $1000 and if you want the best hood you'd probably have to talk to kognition for one of their dry carbon hoods.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #10
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
kognition>origin>dmax
Although I am an agreement with the companies listed, I will have to differ in regards to the order.

1. Kognition
2. DMax
3. Origin
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #11
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
My business partner specialty is FRP and has told me Seibon is pretty good or carbon creations.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #12
ArmadaJspec
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
ArmadaJspec is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
RB

D MAX* or B magic
ArmadaJspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #13
DMaxUSA
Zilvia Junkie

DMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond repute
*shameless plug*

dmax-us.com
DMaxUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:54 PM   #14
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
dmax! ftw. . .

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:21 AM   #15
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Carbon creations ftl. Terrible quality IMO. Out of the three I'd say Seibon for sure.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:28 PM   #16
spanishricer
Zilvia Junkie

spanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfection
What if you're looking for a hood without a nasty vent on it?
Old 09-01-2008, 06:55 AM   #17
LS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishricer View Post
What if you're looking for a hood without a nasty vent on it?
thats exactly it!! lol... i see a bunch of ppl didn't read the part about me wanting a stock replacement cf hood. so that leaves dmax out, and a couple others as well. and as far as kognition, their hoods look amazing, however dry carbon is really expensive and 1500$ for a hood is a bit more then i'd like to pay...
Old 09-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #18
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
The majority of the seibon hoods I've seen (including my own) are pretty decent. My fit was dead on and my friend's has very minimal gap. Some parts are wavy though. Seibon much like many other carbon fiber hood manufactures do not make full carbon fiber hoods. They have a FRP skeleton with only the top portion being carbon fiber.

If I had the cash to blow I'd like a kognition hood for my s13, but that's not gonna happen. Out of the three mentioned I'd go with the Seibon products just because of the experience I've had with the products. Pretty good for the price, but don't expect perfection.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #19
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Dmax, or kognition those are the only ones i'd run...
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #20
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Dmax!!!!!

Seibon goes to shit when in the sun too long...
stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #21
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
HHHHmmmmmm, I think I'd have to say Dmax but if vents aren't your thing then Siebon..

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #22
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
^^ Nice that hood is sexy as hell along with ya car!!
stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:58 AM   #23
sac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
1. Kognition
2. DMax
3. Origin

I would love to get a hood from either of these three.. But Kognition design is the goal. But didnt he stop makin hoods? I would pay the 1500 for a hood.. Long as its solid carbon. And vents can look good depending on how they are laid out.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #24
jussjepbrox
Zilvia Member

jussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enough
just get the cheapest 1 out there its all the same Stuff lol
jussjepbrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #25
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
I am very flattered to hear you guys say these things about Kognition. Particulary since i am just a small company compared to the others mentioned. I will have to put a sale together for you guys in December. I am closed
right now until January because we have a baby girl arriving in a few weeks from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac View Post
1. Kognition
2. DMax
3. Origin

I would love to get a hood from either of these three.. But Kognition design is the goal. But didnt he stop makin hoods? I would pay the 1500 for a hood.. Long as its solid carbon. And vents can look good depending on how they are laid out.
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:59 PM   #26
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Ben G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
carbon creations pretty tight from what i have seen
Ben G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #27
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
FUCK SEIBON

DO NOT BUY SEIBON

I got TWO hoods from them and both were SHIT

their shipping company sucks as well
customer services is bs

FUCK SEIBON

might as well get the cheapest ebay shit possible and hack it up to fit

or spend more and get a jdm one or somethin
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #28
spanishricer
Zilvia Junkie

spanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfectionspanishricer is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
I am very flattered to hear you guys say these things about Kognition. Particulary since i am just a small company compared to the others mentioned. I will have to put a sale together for you guys in December. I am closed
right now until January because we have a baby girl arriving in a few weeks from now.
A zenki hood?
Old 09-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #29
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
I only have a Kouki mold make right now. sorry. Maybe in the Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishricer View Post
A zenki hood?
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #30
sac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS14 View Post
thats exactly it!! lol... i see a bunch of ppl didn't read the part about me wanting a stock replacement cf hood. so that leaves dmax out, and a couple others as well. and as far as kognition, their hoods look amazing, however dry carbon is really expensive and 1500$ for a hood is a bit more then i'd like to pay...
Ya gotta pay for QUALITY! buy what ya want, but i say the quality is worth the $. Especially when tenths, hundredths, or even thousandths of a second count. That quality part probably will get you the edge over the knockoff.