Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
eyesoreracing

Trader Rating: (1)
eyesoreracing will become famous soon enougheyesoreracing will become famous soon enougheyesoreracing will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s13 Clean, one-owner S13 coupe, passes smog

What you are looking at is the perfect canvas on which to build a Silvia project car. Whatever engine you plan to put in it, you’ll want to start with a clean, car that isn’t full of bondo, doesn’t have any rust, and isn’t plagued by faulty electronics.

This car is originally from Seattle, where doesn’t get sunny enough to crack Nissan dashboards, but doesn’t get cold enough for them to salt the roads and rust out cars. The original owner drove it for about 15 years, never had any accidents, and finally sold it to my friend, who was planning to do an SR20 swap.

He simply stored it for a couple years, changed plans, picked up and moved to Mississippi (!) and sold me the car. I’ve been keeping it running, making sure it passes smog (amazingly, it still does) and also not getting around to doing a swap. Thing is, I’ve already done two 240SX swaps (one nasty, but well known track car: Project Nissan Silvia Part IV - Project Cars - Sport Compact Car Magazine, and one very clean street car) and I’m just plain tired of building cars right now. I’ve been periodically smogging and continuously insuring this car for too long. Time to let the next guy take a crack at it.

Here are the critical details:

The body is very straight, but has accumulated many small dings. 95% of the body work could be done by a paintless dent removal service.

If you look really closely at the right taillight, you can see the lens is broken. Not to worry, the car comes with a spare taillight.

This view shows several of the dings. Really, not that bad…

There are two dents that are slightly larger than a door ding. This one on the right rear corner:

and this one on the left rear corner:

The plastic bumpers have done a little bumping, and the paint shows it, but they have not been hit enough to show any damage beyond the paint.

The engine is a 12-valve KA24. It was a crappy truck engine when it was brand new, and it’s a crappy truck engine now. The engine runs well enough to get the car from here to wherever you plan to do the engine swap (it made it from Seattle to LA without a hiccup), but it doesn’t exactly run well. The timing chain rattles like crazy above 4000 rpm, it idles kinda rough and hunts around. Every time I get it smogged the smog guy looks at how rough the idle is and says “it’ll never pass” and every time it passes with flying colors. Go figure.

The important thing about the engine is that it’s clean and hasn’t made a mess of the engine bay.

I challenge you to find an original 240 with an engine bay this clean. Just look at how the brake lines are still cleanly routed and clipped to their little plastic holder thingies.

And here’s a nice thing about Seattle. All California 240s have cracked coolant overflow bottles, since the sunlight that comes through the gap between the hood and passenger’s fender kills the plastic. There is no sun in Seattle, so the bottle is pristine.

Also, this car has no A/C. Never did. That’s less weight, less crap in the engine bay, and no condenser blocking your radiator. Notice the factory plugs in the firewall where the A/C lines would be.

Only bad thing under the hood is a passenger’s side hood hinge that seized up. I removed it before it damaged the hood.

Now, look at this immaculate interior:

The dash is perfect!

Even under the floormats, the carpet is still in good shape
[IMG]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/eyesoreracing/ebay%20se-
r/Interiorfloordriver.jpg[/IMG]

The passenger’s seat is a JIC semi-raceish, adjustable bucket piece of crap. Don’t get too excited, it sucks.

Back seat is clean

The only interior problem, other than the fact that the stock seats suck, and the JIC passenger’s seat sucks, is the lingering odor of gear oil. Seems the transmission rear seal is a wee bit leaky and on the long drive down from Seattle some gear oil flung onto the exhaust, burned, and stunk things up. It’s not that noticeable any more, but it does still need a Fabreezing…

Trunk is clean and complete

But there is some bad news hiding under the carpet:

That’s right. There’s the downside to Seattle. It’s so perpetually wet in Seattle that trunks tend to accumulate water and the spare tires eventually rub off enough floor paint that rust starts. There are some rust holes in the trunk floor.
BUT, don’t worry, the car comes with a SPARE TRUNK FLOOR!

The trunk is, honestly, the ONLY rust on the entire car. Here are some underbody photos to prove it:

That brown stuff that looks like rust in these pictures is actually dirt. Here’s a picture of me wiping it off with my finger. You can’t wipe rust off with your finger…

The car is really remarkably clean, even underneath.

Notice those red things in that last picture? Nearly new KYB AGX adjustable shocks.

They are really good shocks. Car handles much better than it has any business handling…

Oh, also the rear brakes are pretty much shot. Ok, pretty much is an understatement. They’re toast. Metal on metal, baby! They had like 1/8 of an inch of pad material left on them when I left Seattle, then I drove to LA and continuted to drive the car periodically for THREE YEARS on that 1/8” of pad.
The thing is, the brakes, just like the engine, just don’t matter for a car like this. The engine is gonna get yanked and replaced with something fantastic, and the brakes are going in the dumpster (or sold for scrap metal, cha ching!) and getting replaced with 300ZX brakes or Q45 brakes, or Skyline brakes or whatever fantastic bolt-on upgrade you find in the junkyard.

And just so you aren’t scared to drive it home, I’ll throw in a complete second set of 240SX brakes with drilled and slotted rotors and brake pads that aren’t worn all the way to the backing plate.
If you are coming from outside of Southern California, I’ll even install the new (less old) rear brakes for you so you can drive home. If you are local, though, just suck it up. The car still stops, it just sounds bad doing it.

So, in a nutshell, what we have here is an amazingly well preserved body just begging for a swap, with all the useless parts you’re going to throw away anyway already used up and ready for the scrap heap.

If you’re qualified to do this kind of engine swap, I don’t have to tell you how valuable a clean, straight, base-model car is. No rusty bolts breaking off, no complicated power windows failing, clogged up A/C systems, defective heads-up displays, or any of that crap. When you step on the brakes, the windshield wipers aren’t going to come on, like they do in my track car (deluxe SE model with all the fancy stuff that just breaks).
Seriously, if I could turn back the clock, this is the canvas on which I would have created my own car

Do yourself a favor, take advantage of my phenomenal laziness and lack of motivation and buy this car. You won’t regret it.

The car is located in Long Beach, California in the evenings, or I can drive it to Irvine if you want to gaze upon its stunning beauty during the daytime.

Finally, here’s a picture of the vin tag, if you’re into that kind of thing.

This should be ebay Item number: 300256430066 by now. You can ask questions here, but you gotta bid there.

-Dave
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
808_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
probably the most in-depth
car for sale thread ive read.

-makua[ace]
Old 09-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
how much you looking to get for this clean beauty?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
more virgin blood...
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
Old 09-06-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
wait, your dave coleman! Your fucking great. Keep up the kickass articles on going fast.This cars got celeb status now. Bump for 20years of SCC
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
Old 09-07-2008, 01:30 AM   #6
TOPNOTCH_EVO

Trader Rating: (0)
TOPNOTCH_EVO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cliff notes???
Old 09-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
eyesoreracing

eyesoreracing will become famous soon enougheyesoreracing will become famous soon enougheyesoreracing will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPNOTCH_EVO View Post
cliff notes???
Cliff notes: The car in these pictures is for sale.

-Dave
Old 09-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #8
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
GOOD seller, tell all the detail you need to know before you buy/offer him!!!

FREE BUMP!!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
WaNa-DrIft
Leaky Injector

WaNa-DrIft is an unknown quantity at this point
hella clean..i wish my coupe was that clean...
Old 09-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #10
monkeyboy
Zilvia Member

monkeyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
LOOKS like my frist 240sx out of five ive came a long way when i look at this lol bump
Old 09-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #11
Nismospec19
Zilvia Member

Nismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really niceNismospec19 is just really nice
AmAAAzzZiNG

GLWS GREAT THREAD should sell fast if i could get rid of mine id consider it
Old 09-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
silviachik420
BANNED

Trader Rating: (5)
silviachik420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Umm no price???

I read 3 onwers

AND YOUR NOT SUPOS TO LINK TO EBAY !!!!!

and he makes it seem like this is a PERFECT car, Witch is has many flaws looks like a regular old 240 from around the way

FYI: one owner means you bought the car from the dealer and you had it the hole time

I vote LOCK!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #13
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
NO ebay links! this thread needs to be locked
Old 09-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #14
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviachik420 View Post
and he makes it seem like this is a PERFECT car, Witch is has many flaws looks like a regular old 240 from around the way
Yeah... that's why he posted all the detailed pictures with explainations on all the little issues. Clean interior, no rust, and a good body (for the age) is pretty hard to find these days in an S13 chassis.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #15
silviachik420
BANNED

silviachik420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Who cares about all that. The point is this is just a link to ebay and I don't know why its not locked yet???
Old 09-10-2008, 01:06 AM   #16
1989rps13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (10)
1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1989rps13
no ebay links! needs to get locked! also like someone else above me said its like any other reg 240 that you can find at a dealership i socal for like 4g's though but hella clean. Ugh.. how bout new rule whoever uses the word "hella" gets pinked? after me though haahah j/p

BUT TO THE OP. seriously the rules to have a car for sale ad is to post a price
Old 09-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #17
eyesoreracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviachik420 View Post
Who cares about all that. The point is this is just a link to ebay and I don't know why its not locked yet???
Beacause this is not just a link to ebay, this is all the info posted here, so traffic is driven to Zilvia, not eBay. Questions, answers, know-nothing numbnuts like you, all generate traffic here, which gets page views for Zilvia's advertisers and supports this site.

A simple link to an eBay ad, yes, that drives traffic away from Zilvia and the moderators would rightfully lock it, but this does no harm to the site.

Auction ends tomorrow afternoon. If you really think I should name a price here, then I want $4,000. You'll probably get it for a lot less if you go bid on it, though.

-Dave
Old 09-13-2008, 03:43 AM   #18
drftrps13
Zilvia Member

drftrps13 is making a name for him/her selfdrftrps13 is making a name for him/her self
Wow the most in depth essay about their car in the history of Zilvia. he makes u feel as if u kno the car personally. great job on written portion. and i loved how u provide a replacement to everything that is wrong wit the car. too bad there no rep points anymore but i still give u +1 rep.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #19
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesoreracing View Post
Beacause this is not just a link to ebay, this is all the info posted here, so traffic is driven to Zilvia, not eBay. Questions, answers, know-nothing numbnuts like you, all generate traffic here, which gets page views for Zilvia's advertisers and supports this site.

A simple link to an eBay ad, yes, that drives traffic away from Zilvia and the moderators would rightfully lock it, but this does no harm to the site.

Auction ends tomorrow afternoon. If you really think I should name a price here, then I want $4,000. You'll probably get it for a lot less if you go bid on it, though.

-Dave
no because you never listed a price thats why adds like this arnt allowed

and now you post a stupid high price which is unreasonable since your auction is still a lot lower than that.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #20
eyesoreracing

Sold.

FYI, for anyone digging through archives before they sell something similar, it went for $2,000.

-Dave
Old 09-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #21
zerke
Leaky Injector

zerke is making a name for him/her selfzerke is making a name for him/her selfzerke is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zerke
Beautiful. This car is show status lol

Never seen something so clean before. I wish my coupe looked like this!
Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #22
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesoreracing View Post
Sold.

FYI, for anyone digging through archives before they sell something similar, it went for $2,000.

-Dave

Everyone's an expert in this thread... sigh...