Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:15 AM   #31
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
edit: double post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2009, 02:23 AM   #32
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
I don't think Odom lets anyone get to him, that's why he isn't looked upon as tough.
I'm betting that no one would really want to mess with him though, especially KG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri1eeXJUjIQ
LMAO. Looks like the soft pussy bitch was Garnett.

Fixed.
When i was in Jr. high i use to love K.G. Like when he was in the T.Wolves. I can't stand him now playing for Boston. IDK my feelings for him changed.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #33
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
i'm not saying you should draft thug ass players who don't take shit from no one, and of course you want a good kid who will work hard and do something, but there is a such thing as being too soft.. which was what the lakers when they lost to the celtics. artest would help in this category to change their reputation.

same thing as the spurs being known around the league as being "too nice" and quiet after they won their few championships after stephen jackson left. mainly because their POWER forward was too quiet and not outspoken enough, but you wouldn't want to fight that guy. it didn't matter though, spurs were way talented and it didn't help that bowen started getting under people's skin and known as a dirty player and ginoboli became the best flopper in the game.
Did you watch the playoffs this year? The Lakers answered that "soft" talk by winning a fucking championship.
People will need to come with something different this season, "soft" no longer applies after Gasol did a great job defending whomever was in front of him.

And the Spurs' issue now is AGE. Bruce Bowen was, what, 38? TD and Mike Finley both 34 or 35, Ginobili is up there too. With the exception of Tony Parker, their entire "core" are on the downside of their careers. You become a lot less tough as you get up in age, when the old joints start to go, then you become a jumpshooter like Barkley did, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasting_speed View Post
When i was in Jr. high i use to love K.G. Like when he was in the T.Wolves. I can't stand him now playing for Boston. IDK my feelings for him changed.
I liked KG when he was in Minnesota because he was loyal to a team who seemed to be sabotaging his ability to succeed, giving him inferior surrounding casts after saddling him with the Marbury problem... He showed up, played hard and even won an MVP one season. In Boston, though, he has become a bit of an arrogant-assed BULLY. Screaming on teammates and MORE on opponents, starting shit and trying to come off as if he was NOT the agitator, and the likes. He seems more like he is entitled to be a dick because Danny Ainge made the right moves at the right time and put together a winning combination. The humility he once had seems totally gone now, and that is where my opinion of him has reversed.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #34
johnEasy

Trader Rating: (0)
johnEasy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow good photoshop work

Though I'm a fan of Trevor Ariza, Lakers management made a good move on picking up Artest. I have no doubts concerning team chemistry, Artest is a professional, he'll get along well with his newly acquire teammates, including mamba. LA Lakers will be a championship contender again for sure.
johnEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #35
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
which was what the lakers when they lost to the celtics. artest would help in this category to change their reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Did you watch the playoffs this year? The Lakers answered that "soft" talk by winning a fucking championship.
People will need to come with something different this season, "soft" no longer applies after Gasol did a great job defending whomever was in front of him.
yea, that's why i said "when they lost to the celtics" two years ago. i give the lakers credit for beating the magic, but denver had a much meaner frontline than the magic. denver should have dealt out more pain. i'm not trying to whine when i said the lakers got the championship handed to them, but you got to think that if KG wouldn't have gotten hurt, then either scope of the playoffs would have changed. the celtics or cavs would have been in the finals instead of the magic and the lakers would have had more of a challenge.

magic beat cavs because they matched up well with them, same as how golden state matched up well with dallas 3 seasons ago in the playoffs. that's not taking anything from the magic, but they are no way a contender. if the mavs had gotten past the warriors that season, the playoffs would have played out differently that year too.

the lakers did act "more tougher" this season in the playoff, but they had to if they were going to shed that image off and win the championship. acting tougher does not actually mean they are. it was an act, and it worked. artest will definitely give them that reputation now.

spurs are old, yes. but duncan still probably has another good 2-3 yrs left, maybe add another if he keeps his minutes down. finley is old too, but w/ jefferson in the mix, he probably won't be a factor. spurs do need to sign a few more younger athletic swingmen type and some more frontcourt depth.

celtics getting rasheed is a good move. celtics are old too, but their big three can have another 2-3 runs in them just like duncan can. you have great older top 10-20 guys in your team, and all you need to do is add some depth and players who match your system.

with a starting lineup of rondo, allen, pierce, kg perkins
rasheed can split some minutes with KG to spare each other some rest throughout the season. if pierce or allen need some rest, one of the two can have a night off and have pierce slide into SG, KG into SF, and Sheed can start at PF.

celtics still lack depth though. besides scalembrine and big baby, hopefully tony allen can come back. they probably should add another backup PG like CJ watson. If they can get andre miller on the cheap that would be sweet. (although unlikely since he's playing for one more contract before his time is up)

Quote:
Old 07-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #36
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I liked KG when he was in Minnesota because he was loyal to a team who seemed to be sabotaging his ability to succeed, giving him inferior surrounding casts after saddling him with the Marbury problem... He showed up, played hard and even won an MVP one season. In Boston, though, he has become a bit of an arrogant-assed BULLY. Screaming on teammates and MORE on opponents, starting shit and trying to come off as if he was NOT the agitator, and the likes. He seems more like he is entitled to be a dick because Danny Ainge made the right moves at the right time and put together a winning combination. The humility he once had seems totally gone now, and that is where my opinion of him has reversed.
You nailed it dude. Goes without saying though, Kevin Garnett is a great basketball player. Lets hope his personality and attitude change before he decides to end his career. I can't imagine him leaving the way he is acting now.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #37
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
sheed to the c's
Old 07-06-2009, 12:36 AM   #38
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
yea, that's why i said "when they lost to the celtics" two years ago. i give the lakers credit for beating the magic, but denver had a much meaner frontline than the magic. denver should have dealt out more pain. i'm not trying to whine when i said the lakers got the championship handed to them, but you got to think that if KG wouldn't have gotten hurt, then either scope of the playoffs would have changed. the celtics or cavs would have been in the finals instead of the magic and the lakers would have had more of a challenge.

magic beat cavs because they matched up well with them, same as how golden state matched up well with dallas 3 seasons ago in the playoffs. that's not taking anything from the magic, but they are no way a contender. if the mavs had gotten past the warriors that season, the playoffs would have played out differently that year too.

the lakers did act "more tougher" this season in the playoff, but they had to if they were going to shed that image off and win the championship. acting tougher does not actually mean they are. it was an act, and it worked. artest will definitely give them that reputation now.
Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? The Lakers ARE tough. This post season proved it. They aren't the same team from last season. If you watched any Laker basketball you'd know that. ACTING tough? Get serious. Acting doesnt get you an NBA championship. Period. What the Lakers lack is EVERY NIGHT intensity. Sometimes they play like they dont care. That is NOT synonymous with toughness.

If the Celtics had KG.....yeah that bullshit excuse again....whatever. You could say the same thing about the Lakers last season.....if they had Bynum. Hell, if the Cavs had more inside presence. If the officiating was different in the bulls celts series...and so on and so forth. Enough with the bullshit what ifs.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 AM   #39
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? The Lakers ARE tough. This post season proved it. They aren't the same team from last season. If you watched any Laker basketball you'd know that. ACTING tough? Get serious. Acting doesnt get you an NBA championship. Period. What the Lakers lack is EVERY NIGHT intensity. Sometimes they play like they dont care. That is NOT synonymous with toughness.

If the Celtics had KG.....yeah that bullshit excuse again....whatever. You could say the same thing about the Lakers last season.....if they had Bynum. Hell, if the Cavs had more inside presence. If the officiating was different in the bulls celts series...and so on and so forth. Enough with the bullshit what ifs.

Tell that to the Spurs who have floppers and dirty players. Tell that to Dwayne Wade who can get any call against him by simply breathing on him.

I wasn't saying the KG thing is an excuse and I gave the Lakers credit for winning. I just said the finals would have been different road and more of a challenge if the Lakers would have played the Cavs or Celtics. There would have at least been a series to talk about, not a free free trophy. Lakers played the Magic. What a joke that the Magic made it to the finals with their flawed team. If the Lakers had Bynum last season, you saw what he did in this years playoffs. Bulls/Celts series, who gives a fuck. Both weren't serious championship contenders since Celts were missing a core piece and the other team because they are the Bulls. Spurs weren't contenders this season anyways with ginobili out. Tough mother fucking shit for those teams. What the fuck did this post season prove with all these teams on crutches?

But luck is part of the game too. To be successful, you have to be talanted and have a bit of luck on your side as well. But sure, if you want me to say it with no what ifs and all that bullshit... the lakers won it. BUT NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE THE MOST PERFECT TEAM IN THE NBA AND NO ONE WILL BEAT THEM BECAUSE NO ONE COMPARES AND THEY ARE TOUGH ASS MOTHER FUCKERS. BUT BECAUSE THEY WERE THE MORE TALENTED TEAM AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITIES.

But don't you think that a true championship caliber team brings their "A" game each and every night. You can't take nights off and let other teams get back into it. You risk losing if you don't bring your "A" game every night. You're suppose to crush teams that you're suppose to win against and get it over with. You're suppose to play to your advantages and take advantage of your opponents disadvantages. you CAN'T let anything slide if you are going to win.

You know what I mean by tough? Tough is pushing other people back when they try to bully you in the paint. It's dunking the ball instead of laying it in when you're you're wide open and a 7 footer. Tough is not taking any shit from no one. They need more inside players and bangers who will do the dirty work, in addition to Gasol who is great at passing and probably prefers to shoot the midrange jumper like most European players.

If you're a soft pussy and not tough, you'll get abused in this league. Shit, Yao Ming fucking sucked dick for his first couple seasons because he was so fucking soft. He was too passive like many international players. Then he realized he was a 7'6'' mother fucker who could abuse other players and use his inside game to punish smaller players in addition to his outside game. That's when you saw Yao grow from a player with potential to probably the best center in the league right now. I'm glad he grew some balls and toughened up. (Now he just has to grow some balls and tell the Chinese government that he can't play for their team every summer because his body needs rest)

This is why i think Rubio with be a bust too. He has the body of a girl and can't shoot the j consistently. He MIGHT be a Steve Nash if he tries hard in this league, and as great as Steve Nash is, he's not going to win without D, or someone switching and helping him out. How many times have you seen people blow by Nash and he just stood there. WTF is Rubio going to do when a big strong opposing PG like Baron Davis or Deron Williams is in your face.

I applauded Fisher for having some balls and nailing Luis Scola with the elbow because his team needed that against a more opposing frontline and Kobe for punching Artest in the throat and stepping all over Battier, but it's not the reputation these players have molded throughout their careers. The entire team doesn't have any one guy you would call an enforcer except maybe Bynum. But artest has a reputation of being tough and a headcase. The artest acquisition is great for the Lakers and they need more of these guys. Lakers won this season because they are talented and weren't going to take shit from no one this postseason, but I wouldn't call them a "tough" team. Artest will help in that aspect.

Don't be another arrogant Lakers fan. I'm sorry if I broke your heart, but try to have an open mind and an opinion. Don't cry just because people criticize that the Lakers have flaws like any other NBA team out there. They aren't the only relevant team that exist in the NBA you know. There are other challengers out there too, as hard as that may be to believe. If you read the thread, I gave Lakers credit and said they will OWN the west for the next few years with the Artest signing. I didn't go out of my way to bash the lakers and you don't got to be hurt all over it. i just said they weren't tough, but they still won.

Fuck, you don't think Kobe is a cry baby? He's the best player in the world right now, but I also think he's a cry baby. Just like Dirk Nowitzski or Dwayne Wade are crybabies. LBJ isn't the best player in the world like most tools think. His game is great, but it is flawed. LBJ improved his free throw shooting this season, but its got to be automatic everytime when the game is on the line, but he still has to improve on that. He also needs a more consistent midrange game. Kobe is way better at those aspects of the game, and he can still defend, create, shoot from anywhere on the floor, and board if needed to. That's why he's the best right now, but he crys too much like he deserves every call. Shit is suppose to be earned, not free.

I don't particularly favor any one team or player. I follow the league as a whole and make observations, comments, and criticism based on what goes on. You can say i follow my home team, but I bash on them too. I give credit and bash every team or player because I don't let my "love" for "one" team blind me.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2009, 03:31 AM   #40
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Quote:
Tell that to the Spurs who have floppers and dirty players. Tell that to Dwayne Wade who can get any call against him by simply breathing on him.

I wasn't saying the KG thing is an excuse and I gave the Lakers credit for winning. I just said the finals would have been different road and more of a challenge if the Lakers would have played the Cavs or Celtics. There would have at least been a series to talk about, not a free free trophy. Lakers played the Magic. What a joke that the Magic made it to the finals with their flawed team. If the Lakers had Bynum last season, you saw what he did in this years playoffs. Bulls/Celts series, who gives a fuck. Both weren't serious championship contenders since Celts were missing a core piece and the other team because they are the Bulls. Spurs weren't contenders this season anyways with ginobili out. Tough mother fucking shit for those teams. What the fuck did this post season prove with all these teams on crutches?

But luck is part of the game too. To be successful, you have to be talanted and have a bit of luck on your side as well. But sure, if you want me to say it with no what ifs and all that bullshit... the lakers won it. BUT NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE THE MOST PERFECT TEAM IN THE NBA AND NO ONE WILL BEAT THEM BECAUSE NO ONE COMPARES AND THEY ARE TOUGH ASS MOTHER FUCKERS. BUT BECAUSE THEY WERE THE MORE TALENTED TEAM AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITIES.

But don't you think that a true championship caliber team brings their "A" game each and every night. You can't take nights off and let other teams get back into it. You risk losing if you don't bring your "A" game every night. You're suppose to crush teams that you're suppose to win against and get it over with. You're suppose to play to your advantages and take advantage of your opponents disadvantages. you CAN'T let anything slide if you are going to win.

You know what I mean by tough? Tough is pushing other people back when they try to bully you in the paint. It's dunking the ball instead of laying it in when you're you're wide open and a 7 footer. Tough is not taking any shit from no one. They need more inside players and bangers who will do the dirty work, in addition to Gasol who is great at passing and probably prefers to shoot the midrange jumper like most European players.

If you're a soft pussy and not tough, you'll get abused in this league. Shit, Yao Ming fucking sucked dick for his first couple seasons because he was so fucking soft. He was too passive like many international players. Then he realized he was a 7'6'' mother fucker who could abuse other players and use his inside game to punish smaller players in addition to his outside game. That's when you saw Yao grow from a player with potential to probably the best center in the league right now. I'm glad he grew some balls and toughened up. (Now he just has to grow some balls and tell the Chinese government that he can't play for their team every summer because his body needs rest)

This is why i think Rubio with be a bust too. He has the body of a girl and can't shoot the j consistently. He MIGHT be a Steve Nash if he tries hard in this league, and as great as Steve Nash is, he's not going to win without D, or someone switching and helping him out. How many times have you seen people blow by Nash and he just stood there. WTF is Rubio going to do when a big strong opposing PG like Baron Davis or Deron Williams is in your face.

I applauded Fisher for having some balls and nailing Luis Scola with the elbow because his team needed that against a more opposing frontline and Kobe for punching Artest in the throat and stepping all over Battier, but it's not the reputation these players have molded throughout their careers. The entire team doesn't have any one guy you would call an enforcer except maybe Bynum. But artest has a reputation of being tough and a headcase. The artest acquisition is great for the Lakers and they need more of these guys. Lakers won this season because they are talented and weren't going to take shit from no one this postseason, but I wouldn't call them a "tough" team. Artest will help in that aspect.

Don't be another arrogant Lakers fan. I'm sorry if I broke your heart, but try to have an open mind and an opinion. Don't cry just because people criticize that the Lakers have flaws like any other NBA team out there. They aren't the only relevant team that exist in the NBA you know. There are other challengers out there too, as hard as that may be to believe. If you read the thread, I gave Lakers credit and said they will OWN the west for the next few years with the Artest signing. I didn't go out of my way to bash the lakers and you don't got to be hurt all over it. i just said they weren't tough, but they still won.

Fuck, you don't think Kobe is a cry baby? He's the best player in the world right now, but I also think he's a cry baby. Just like Dirk Nowitzski or Dwayne Wade are crybabies. LBJ isn't the best player in the world like most tools think. His game is great, but it is flawed. LBJ improved his free throw shooting this season, but its got to be automatic everytime when the game is on the line, but he still has to improve on that. He also needs a more consistent midrange game. Kobe is way better at those aspects of the game, and he can still defend, create, shoot from anywhere on the floor, and board if needed to. That's why he's the best right now, but he crys too much like he deserves every call. Shit is suppose to be earned, not free.

I don't particularly favor any one team or player. I follow the league as a whole and make observations, comments, and criticism based on what goes on. You can say i follow my home team, but I bash on them too. I give credit and bash every team or player because I don't let my "love" for "one" team blind me.
Where in my post did i say that the Lakers are a perfect team? When did i mention Kobe? WTF? You're TOTALLY not paying attention. Yes i'm a Laker fan, but i'll be the first person to point out their flaws. Part of being a fan is being pissed off at them when they dont bring their "A" game night in and night out and so on and so forth. Any real Laker fan will tell you its a love/hate thing. I could go on ALL DAY about the Laker flaws. I'm a fan of basketball first. But i digress...

I only called you on the comment you made about the Lakers toughness this season being an "act". That's a stupid comment to make and you know it.

LIKE I SAID, the Laker problem this year was intensity/energy or lack thereof. Yeah its annoying as hell, but that doesn't mean they're soft. Their toughness was very apparent in their playoff run this season. My point is, there's a fucking difference between energy level and physical toughness. A difference that, apparently, you seem to be completely unaware of.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:07 AM   #41
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post

I only called you on the comment you made about the Lakers toughness this season being an "act". That's a stupid comment to make and you know it.

LIKE I SAID, the Laker problem this year was intensity/energy or lack thereof. Yeah its annoying as hell, but that doesn't mean they're soft. Their toughness was very apparent in their playoff run this season. My point is, there's a fucking difference between energy level and physical toughness. A difference that, apparently, you seem to be completely unaware of.
Apparently I don't know it and an unaware then. does that make you happy? But I don't think it's a stupid comment. I'm pretty sure Kobe wouldn't have did what he did under normal circumstances, but he knows he can get away with it, and Artest didn't retaliate because he knows what happened last time and that the entire league is watching him. I'd like to see him do it to someone else who would actually get in his face.

And haven't the lakers not played with energy/intensity since Kobe and Shaq started winning championships. I recall they use to just roll into the playoffs thinking they can beat anybody and that worked for a few years until it backfired with detroit. They've lacked that for years, but still were able to win on talent alone.

I'm saying Artest gives the Lakers some more muscle, next to Bynum because they lack physical toughness. What other bigs do they have who play enforcer? They need muscle. Big men who can play are rare in this league, and anytime you get someone with muscle it's a good acquistion. If you're a GM, you don't trade big for small.

And yes, I know the difference between intensity, mental toughness, physical toughness. why are you addressing me anyways instead of just discussing things out in the open. do you feel the need to call me out because you don't agree with my comments? you have your opinion and i have mine. i said something about the lakers and it obviously got to you, but i didn't belittle you on what you think and have the need to "OWN YOU". are you trying to pick a fight with me?

Quote:
Old 07-06-2009, 04:40 AM   #42
revat619
Retired General

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Kobe wouldn't have did what he did under normal circumstances, but he knows he can get away with it, and Artest didn't retaliate because he knows what happened last time and that the entire league is watching him. I'd like to see him do it to someone else who would actually get in his face.
What does this have to do with anything?

Quote:
And haven't the lakers not played with energy/intensity since Kobe and Shaq started winning championships. I recall they use to just roll into the playoffs thinking they can beat anybody and that worked for a few years until it backfired with detroit. They've lacked that for years, but still were able to win on talent alone.
Yes, that's always been their problem. I know that. This isn't what you said. You said toughness was an "act".

Quote:
I'm saying Artest gives the Lakers some more muscle, next to Bynum because they lack physical toughness. What other bigs do they have who play enforcer? They need muscle. Big men who can play are rare in this league, and anytime you get someone with muscle it's a good acquistion. If you're a GM, you don't trade big for small.
I agree with you. Artest is indeed an added enforcer next to bynum. I have never questioned the acquisition of Artest. Again, wtf?

Quote:
And yes, I know the difference between intensity, mental toughness, physical toughness. why are you addressing me anyways instead of just discussing things out in the open. do you feel the need to call me out because you don't agree with my comments? you have your opinion and i have mine. i said something about the lakers and it obviously got to you, but i didn't belittle you on what you think and have the need to "OWN YOU". are you trying to pick a fight with me?
I'm addressing you because this is an NBA discussion thread. I'm not trying to "OWN" you. You made a statement that really didn't make a lot of sense. You're saying the Lakers toughness this year was an "act". By saying that, you're saying that they're a fake (i.e. NOT tough) tough team in actuality; aka soft. Laker fan aside and as a fellow basketball fan, that just isn't true. Yeah, they're not the most physical team in the league, and yes Artest is an awesome addition to help in that area, but calling the toughness of this year's team "AN ACT" is outlandish.

I'm done.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #43
FRpilot
Post Whore!

anyways, i'm done with it too.

What about Iverson. Apparently he rather retire than come off the bench.

RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Iverson Still Wants To Be A Starter

Memphis has shown interest in him, but I don't know if he'll take over for Conley at PG. I don't think they're going to banish O.J. Mayo to the bench. I don't know why Memphis would want a guy like Iverson, the signing makes no sense unless they are trying to sell tickets. I don't see him as a guy who would help bring the young ones along or a good role model in the locker room.

But I guess if Memphis is willing to throw the full MLE at you, you should take it. Apparently money is more important to Iverson and the prestige of being a starter. No one else has shown interests and wants to spend more than 2-3M on you. Oh how the mighty have fallen. I'm sure a contender who needs some offense off the bench or is real weak at the guard spots would take him, but he is pretty much poison to your team, unless you have the right players around him.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #44
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Quote:
True, but you know what? Shit happens and teams need to learn how to adjust, and/or it just isn't their year.
LA lost to the Celtics because they didn't have Bynum or Ariza healthy to help them, but did you hear LA fans
say anything about that? No, we took the loss and got over it. Everytime LA wins, there always had to be
something the other team didn't do right, something with the refs, something that LA had no control over. It's
never that LA actually did something right and won.

Yeah, this past post-season would have been different if KG was playing, if the Cavs got past Orlando, if Courtney
Lee would have made that lob lay-up in Game 2, if Derek Fisher didn't hit those 3's, if Obama didn't win, if Sarah Palin
wasn't a woman, if if if and if. All "ifs". Well, you know what, the only thing that mattered was "what did" happen.
None of these "what if" scenarios. People try to discredit anything LA does, mostly without knowing they're
doing it.

I assure you, if some other team does win next year's title, you'll have no one
talking about "what if" scenarios about LA. All they'll care about is them losing.

With that said, with these trades/signings so far, in the West, only LA and San Antonio got better in my book, but the
Spur's timetable is narrow, as TD is getting up there in age. In the East, Boston bolstered their front court with Wallace,
but they're still thin on the bench, and teams courting G. Davis doesn't help their cause. Shaq to Cavs... well, we'll see.

I can only hope and pray it'll be Boston/LA again.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #45
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
I can see Sheed to Boston being a good move against Eastern Conference teams, with a pair on the blocks who can also shoot and run the floor and defend 4's OR 5's effectively. Such a move effectively negates any advantage a Shaq signing presented.
Turning west, Lakers are even or slightly better (for now, and only if he behaves) with Artest in Ariza's place, and still can throw equal (actually better) size back at it.
I HOPE for Lakers/Celtics next year, or Lakers/Cavaliers.

And I write too!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #46
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
so yeah. big ups on getting sheed.

what were the details of the final transaction?

and what else to the celtics need?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #47
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
They need to bolster their bench, or they'll have the same problem they had last season.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #48
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
what were the details of the final transaction?

Final details and official announcements on EVERYTHING that has happened since draft day will be Wednesday, "new" business starts on the 1st, and a one-week moratorium before anything becomes real. It is expected that he will take the Mid-Level exception, between 5.5 and 6 million a year I think. Sheed knows he is on the downside of his career and has a ring, he is apparently legitimately after one more. I like that in him, I liked that about him when I met him while he was in college.

Celtics need a BENCH.
Glen Davis is needed, or someone like him. They need a real backup point guard and someone needs to set a clue in front of Rajon Rondo.

And I write too!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #49
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Get your Lebron shirts!

Other news: Lakers and Shannon Brown have agreed to a 2yr/4.5mil deal.

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 07-06-2009 at 06:12 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #50
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
looking at their #'s, Artest and Ariza are almost exactly alike. (keep in mind I'm taking in account that Ariza plays less minutes per game)

i think the big difference is that Ariza is six years younger and more likely in better shape to keep up with the quicker swing men. artest is good but he is a much better inside defender than perimeter. kobe had a much easier time against him than he did against battier. anyways, it will be interesting how the team plays together.
Rob's S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #51
FRpilot
Post Whore!

speaking of ariza, have you guys heard the recent rumors that ariza might be having 2nd thoughts about signing with the rockets and considering signing with the cavs now? seen it on a few basketball forums.

NBA Rumors: Trevor Ariza Considering Cavaliers Afterall? | WaitingForNextYear

Story:

The Internet has made the world a very small place. In the last few hours, rumors have swirled that Trevor Ariza might now be having second thoughts about his deal with the Houston Rockets. The source of the rumors isn’t exactly known, but ESPN radio in Los Angeles had Ariza’s agent on and asked him if there was any truth to the rumor. He answered “no comment.” Is it a coincidence that Mike Brown and Danny Ferry are in Los Angeles today?

This brings up a question- when is a deal a deal? The Houston Rockets had a verbal agreement from Ariza (or at least that is what was reported) to play in Houston for the next 5 years. His compensation was reported to be $34 million dollars. The first day that teams are allowed to sign players to new deals is July 8th. Technically, Ariza is still a free agent. Until the ink is applied to a contract he may speak to whomever he chooses about his basketball future.

Again, these are rumors- but if Brown and Ferry flew to Los Angeles to meet with a player that already had an agreement with another team would you have a problem with that? Isn’t this the same thing that Cleveland fans hate Carlos Boozer for? Didn’t Boozer have a verbal agreement and decide to take a bigger payday with the Utah Jazz?

Perhaps the better question would be this- if the Cavs had a verbal agreement from Ron Artest to play next year in Cleveland for the MLE and Phil Jackson flew across the country to talk him into signing with L.A. would you have a problem with it?

Quote:
Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #52
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Ariza isn't going anywhere. He's staying a Rocket. I have my sources.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #53
FRpilot
Post Whore!

where is AI going? guess nobody cares.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 PM   #54
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

He's interested in the Grizzlies, because he wants a starting position. I think he's done as a player.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #55
FRpilot
Post Whore!

yes, because he rather retire than come off the bench. more big headed than Stephon Poisonberry, but i don't think griz have a starting spot for him unless he takes conley's spot.

he may have lost a step in just 1 season, but i still think he can help a team out if he's willing to sacrifice. utah and san antonio are two teams who could use some offense from a shooting guard. before orlando acquired vince carter, they have needed a shooting guard for years and settled on Mikael Pietrus.

Quote:
Old 07-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #56
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
yes, because he rather retire than come off the bench. more big headed than Stephon Poisonberry, but i don't think griz have a starting spot for him unless he takes conley's spot.

he may have lost a step in just 1 season, but i still think he can help a team out if he's willing to sacrifice. utah and san antonio are two teams who could use some offense from a shooting guard. before orlando acquired vince carter, they have needed a shooting guard for years and settled on Mikael Pietrus.
Yeah, but Iverson, sacrifice, and defense don't belong in the same sentence.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #57
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
it's a little different. boozer i think was way worse because he asked cleveland to release him from his last year so he could get a raise and led them to believe he would resign with them, then as soon as they did he left for utah.

i say led them to believe because technically it's illegal to have those arrangements.

ariza to cleveland would be interesting...essentially playing the same part as he did this past year. he would still start so i think that would satisfy him. i don't think he didn't sign with the lakers because of wanting to start, i think he just wanted as big a raise as he could get.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #58
revat619
Retired General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob's S14 View Post
it's a little different. boozer i think was way worse because he asked cleveland to release him from his last year so he could get a raise and led them to believe he would resign with them, then as soon as they did he left for utah.

i say led them to believe because technically it's illegal to have those arrangements.

ariza to cleveland would be interesting...essentially playing the same part as he did this past year. he would still start so i think that would satisfy him. i don't think he didn't sign with the lakers because of wanting to start, i think he just wanted as big a raise as he could get.
The thing is, he's not really getting a raise if he goes to Houston. His agent sucks. If anything he should be trying to resign with LA....too bad that won't happen.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:44 AM   #59
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

it's atleast a 3 million dollar raise from what artest is getting plus it's an extra 2 years...3 million may not seem like that much as far as sports, but it's still 3 million you know. i think the longer term was a bigger deal though.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:23 AM   #60
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
where is AI going? guess nobody cares.
Nope, nobody cares...
Iverson is finished -- not interested in defense, no teachable skills EVER existed, must dominate the ball to be effective. Iverson has always been like a damned And1 player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob's S14 View Post

What position could Ariza start in Cleveland? I mean, they do have that Prince James guy who plays the same position as him and all.

And I write too!