Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-17-2005, 03:06 AM   #1
apexi240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
apexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to apexi240sx
s13 e-brake light and battery light on but dim, s13

Okay my freggin e-brake light will not go off when i put down the e-brake, well i did check the rear pads and they were low so i changed them and bought new discs as well, but the e-brake light is still on! i checked the brake fluid, and its fine and at a proper level too, i took off the connecter(sensor on the resevoir) and cleaned it, but the light is still on, now i checked the lil switch on the e-brake, the coil makes contact but i question if the lil switch is bad, do these go bad?? is this lil switch leaving my e-brake light on? also my battery light is on but very dim, so u can only see it on at night,, i checked the battery voltage while the car was running it it gave me 13.9 volts which is fine, but why is it throwing on the battery light then?? yea i have an s13 sr20det with the JDM gauge cluster.... but can anyone help???
apexi240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2005, 10:24 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The charge warning light is paralleled with the brake light, you have a voltage problem somewhere, either the regulator is on it's way out or a fuse to the charge system is blown.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 05:51 PM   #3
thejester03
Zilvia Member

thejester03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to thejester03
CHeck your Bulbs.
thejester03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
Mervyn
Zilvia Member

Mervyn is a well-known jackass
its probably a energy power problem or light bulbs.
Mervyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
apexi240sx
Zilvia Member

apexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choicesapexi240sx has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to apexi240sx
where is this charge fuse located? or the voltage regulator located?? on the sr motor
apexi240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:49 AM   #6
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Fuse is under the hood, 5A. Regulator is internal.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #7
RedtopTech
Zilvia Member

RedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud of
i am having the same exact problem and have been trying to get some kind of help for sometime.
RedtopTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:42 PM   #8
thejester03
Zilvia Member

Im having the same problem, all my brake lights and signals are fine, could it be side markers?
Old 12-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #9
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
I know on some nissans... ebrake + battery light flashing = alternator is going.

http://blog.dapcwiz.com
DaPCWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 06:29 PM   #10
thejester03
Zilvia Member

Thats what Im affraid of, My celica ate up alternators, they were all under warranty, but 6 alternators in 6 months is a little crazy. But anyway, and imput on the side marker? I havent replaced mine, because it just dont really care about the side markers, but if thats the issue, I might just take the time to do it...
Old 12-25-2005, 07:38 PM   #11
RedtopTech
Zilvia Member

RedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud ofRedtopTech has much to be proud of
let us know if it fixes it. i have the same problem
Old 12-25-2005, 07:39 PM   #12
RedtopTech
Zilvia Member

does anyone have a wiring schematic to see all of the inputs that could turn those lights on?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:03 PM   #13
DrunkinEmu
BANNED

DrunkinEmu can only hope to improve
I had the same problem, but in your case it could be two issues!!
1. Your E-brake cable might be too tight, so remove to boot and loosen the screw to give alittle slack on the cord, cause if you move to boot, you'll see the sensor and you can grab the cord and give it some slack, if this works you can see the E-brake light go on and off with pulling it.
2. Your back brakes might be the problem, its like a warning sensor. Mine was on and i tried everything, and when i ended up upgrading to bremebo rotors and new brakes the light went off and it was because my brakes were paper thin and my rotors were shot!!
3. Well, if you dont ever put your ear to the ground you'll never hear the buffalo commin!!
DrunkinEmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:34 PM   #14
RedtopTech
Zilvia Member

I just got a little farther in diagnosing mine, if i unplug the 02 sensor then the lights go out unill you rev the motor but as soon as it idles down the lights go back out. I could here a clicking relay as this happened and found that it was located behind the fusebox on the inside drivers side fuse panel.
when unpluged the lights go out but the e brake lamp still functions. Any ideas?
Old 09-23-2018, 10:49 PM   #15
Ros7.exe
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Ros7.exe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did you ever figure out this problem? I'm having the same issues with the relay buzzing aswell.
Ros7.exe is offline   Reply With Quote