Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240sex_s14
Why Are you Selling your RHD Car?

As the title stats, Why are you selling your RHD car?

*RHD CARS THAT FULLY REGISTERED THROUGH DMV / Imported Legally*

I've noticed a lot of people are buying RHD cars and selling them after a few months of purchasing them? Why is that?

only thing that could come to mind is the hopes of cashing out and selling it for more than what they purchased it for?

I'm currently in the market to buying a RHD Rx-7 FD and fully registered through the DMV using the japan Vin. I will be installing a Running Backup Cam facing the front left side for those left turns to help with the view. Also the purchase price will dirt cheap around 12-15k Color of my choice as well.

But all these sells of RHD cars are making me a little uncomfortable...So if you have a RHD and Have it for sell...Please comment
240sex_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think its a fad, so all the wannabe hot boys who have some okay money will go out pay maybe 10-20k on there car of choice. Feel underwhelmed as to what internet scene and hype is about till they realize the cars are 25 year old and need to be taken care of like a 25 year old car.

I think there is a saying something like if your not a mechanic these cars will make you one. Same idea applies to people who buy a s-chassis and sell in the next 6 months. Thats why you see so many people buying inports after having such newer cars like subbies, evos, honda whatever and getting there first older car being RHD. After the novelty wears off they sell that car instantly.

RHD is just an awkward driving position and you get used to it as far as the cars, especially an FD you'll find they were way more meticulously taken car of over there than here and have low miles. If you're serious about an FD please just make sure you no the proper rotary ins/outs like oil change and gas fill up, starting procedure, beating on it the right way etc.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #3
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Why should the reason anyone else selling their RHD cars have any bearing on your decision to purchase?? If the car is Fed Legal and they simply want a change of heart, it's on the seller for whatever multitude of reasons they choose. You buy a car based off what you want (and I would think you would have done your appropriate research to know the intricacies and issues with whatever model you choose to pursue)

Not trying to be a dick, but owning a RHD is like owning a LHD......without all the vaping flat brim dicks trying to take selfies with your car and the inability to see around curves and cars (which gets old quick if you do lots of driving on anything but the highway).
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Most people who drive RHD cars buy them for the excitement and usually flip them just so they can say they owned one.

For some instances, some retards think their skyline or rhd car is being searched out by the feds so they dump the chassis for crackhead prices or hide it somewhere until you arrive to purchase. LOL
(Instant regret on their end due to their stupidity and lack of experience)

The government does not care about your car. They only care if you run an illegal business and profit from doing illegal things without paying the governments cut of the process. Some businesses sell a million plus in inventory and do not document any of it. That's what they want.
(Example : Not paying taxes, following paperwork/procedures, smuggling in cars, etc)

Smog, insurance, and paperwork will be more complicated. You have to have "hook ups"

Its harder to find files regarding wiring, layouts, schematics, and so forth to trouble shoot any issues. You cannot just plug in your scanner and go.

Replacement parts are harder to find and have no resale value.

They are neck turners, but not practical. The attention could also be unwanted. IF you piss off the wrong cop, they could also send you to bar and put you through annoying obstacles.

America was not built for RHD cars. Its not a completely practical daily compared to a lhd prius and so forth. Imagine not being able to go through drive throughs without huge inconveniences.

I currently daily drive a completely stock 30k mile altezza with a few other rhd cars in my stable. If you know what you are doing and have hook ups for parts then do it. I got all of my cars for KILLER deals so it was worth it. If I were to pay retail, I would have not gone this route.

Also RHD cars have a lower resale value compared to a LHD.
(Example : RHD supra is worth 13k, LHD supra is 20k+)

If you struggle with common sense, then you will have complications. Owning an imported car is only suited for experienced car builders or people with deep pockets to pay others for the "convenience".

/end thread

Last edited by mogli9000; 07-20-2017 at 02:23 PM..
mogli9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #5
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Because it's easy to import them once they are 25 years, it's just paper work and shipping.

Then some young kid will pay top dollar for a cheap used Nissan!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
got sick of having to reach so damn far at the drive through window.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #7
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self
I mean, I have a 2006 Audi A3 and miss my 240, let me tell you! it was a bitch to fix something on that car..240 its easy to work on and I did the swap myself to a Notch top... Keeping up with the service on the car isn't a problem for me as I know how to work on cars... For example I took my 240 base model and make it a full kouki with 5 lug / upgraded break lines / sub frame bushings / auto to manual etc.

I work for state farm and have my connects for insurance which is least of my worries and dmv paper work...speaking with "all documents are legit. No shady shit just know the right people to get the paper work processed with easy."

It's not stopping me from purchasing it, its just little eye opening as seeing so many people selling the RHD cars after a few months of purchasing.

The FD - Doing a swap within a month or two of owning the car... 2jz Rear sump / Single Turbo. Or a L1-2 depending on the hook up price I can get it for.

My buddy that's an importer daily drives his R32 and said you get use to it driving RHD... but its still *head scratching* lot of RHD for sell. haha
Old 07-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #8
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Just to get things out the way and for this thread NOT to turn into a *Federal Paperwork Topic* Paperwork is not an issue....

Just want to hear from people that own a RHD and are putting it up for Sale after a few months of owning. *Reasoning behind it*

Last edited by 240sex_s14; 07-20-2017 at 05:03 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #9
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sex_s14 View Post
and are putting it up for Sell
because people say shit like "for sell".

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #10
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
because people say shit like "for sell".

Thank you for that. I'm horrible at multitasking...little bit more busy/focused on drafting a legal document for a client.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:50 PM   #11
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:

I will be installing a Running Backup Cam facing the front left side for those left turns to help with the view. Also the purchase price will dirt cheap around 12-15k Color of my choice as well.

This sounds like the biggest waste of money I've ever heard of. You'll just get used to it.

Why are you sneaking in all these humble brags?

"Preparing a document for a client."

"2006 Audi A3."

"Cheap is 12-15k for me."

You seem like the type of guy you're asking about: buys a RHD car then tries to sell it for more. Your other threads are lame just like this one. Stop trying so fucking hard.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #12
lokanut

lokanut is an unknown quantity at this point
I drive an import as a daily. Only thing that sucks is finding parts for it. They're either hard to find or cost bookoo bucks.

Other than that, I have no complaints. Probably would've been better off buying a newer and nicer car since I'm a broke college student, but I'd rather drive an appealing car than a boring ass car.

The people selling them just can't commit. They're usually big money pits, but then again so is any other old car.
lokanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #13
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I bought an RHD car just so I could convert it to LHD.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:02 PM   #14
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^what he said, they can't commit. Same reason projects, finished or unfinished, are being sold left and right.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:30 PM   #15
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Just sell mine for profit....I enjoyed the rb26 for a while but I'm over it
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:21 AM   #16
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
got sick of having to reach so damn far at the drive through window.
Yeah, I've mastered the reverse pull in, or I just walk on inside of the place. I should purchase those "extended grip" devise that short people use to grab things up high in cabinets.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:28 AM   #17
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I work on an army base, and I drive my car EVERY day. My car is RHD and I have to reach across the car to hand my ID over to the gate guard's, then again after lunch. pain in the ass, meh kinda. But I love driving my car. I think these kids nowadays buy these old cars and think they are going to be reliable lol. Of course they arent compared to a new car so they sell them and buy frs'. I struggle damn near everyday to keep it on the road haha, and that's hard when I have a new wrx, that's modded, sitting in the garage. just yesterday my ac compressor was acting up, got home from work and fixed it. this morning driving to work my clutch pedal feel was off lol, so i'll have to investigate that today. just this year alone ive replaced front brakes, rear hubs. radiator, alternator, starter, turbo lines, and the clutch master cylinder. which is a pain in the ass RHD with an aftermarket intake manifold (use a nissan xterra cmc, its shorter) . and im about to have to replace the exhaust manifold. ugghhh i'm too old for this shit lol.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #18
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
This sounds like the biggest waste of money I've ever heard of. You'll just get used to it.

Why are you sneaking in all these humble brags?

"Preparing a document for a client."

"2006 Audi A3."

"Cheap is 12-15k for me."

You seem like the type of guy you're asking about: buys a RHD car then tries to sell it for more. Your other threads are lame just like this one. Stop trying so fucking hard.

taking extra precaution is a waste of money? maybe to you, but not to me. Humble bragging? hmmm I don't think those two words go Hand-Hand. Try to bash a person that's responding to people that point out stuff.. makes sense. As the current car I drive and the common sense behind working on cars? To misspelled words due to working at the same time and being horrible at multitasking. I think you're the one trying "Hard" to get into peoples post. Please, the day I run into you at a car meet if you ever go to any...I'll Have fun that day for sure. HA. Dizzagay.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:03 PM   #19
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

For everyone that isn't Drizzagay. Thank you for the response. Really do appreciate the feedback from you guys.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #20
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
A lot of RHD people I know say the novelty and cool factor wears off really fast.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #21
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Because its hard to turn left into traffic in urban areas without knowing whether or not your going to get your ass t-boned by some dipshit.

Been in one in downtown Seattle. As a passenger I would lean forward and spot the traffic coming from the right.

Shit's scary yo
Old 07-21-2017, 05:02 PM   #22
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I sold my RHD car to buy a different RHD car.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:11 PM   #23
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokanut View Post
I drive an import as a daily. Only thing that sucks is finding parts for it. They're either hard to find or cost bookoo bucks.

Other than that, I have no complaints. Probably would've been better off buying a newer and nicer car since I'm a broke college student, but I'd rather drive an appealing car than a boring ass car.

The people selling them just can't commit. They're usually big money pits, but then again so is any other old car.
You don't have issues with drive throughs? Don't have friends in gated communities? No tolls? Heavy roadside landscaping?

Maybe I'm short tempered when it comes to the smaller inconvenience things
Old 07-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #24
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
taking extra precaution is a waste of money? maybe to you, but not to me. Humble bragging? hmmm I don't think those two words go Hand-Hand. Try to bash a person that's responding to people that point out stuff.. makes sense. As the current car I drive and the common sense behind working on cars? To misspelled words due to working at the same time and being horrible at multitasking. I think you're the one trying "Hard" to get into peoples post. Please, the day I run into you at a car meet if you ever go to any...I'll Have fun that day for sure. HA. Dizzagay.
It's not a precaution. I'm an American living in Japan and I had to get used to a RHD car. This country is made for RHD and I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact that I had to get used to the new blind spots. I didn't bitch out and install a camera. There are plenty of USDM cars out in town as well and the Japanese adjust. If you're too fucking inept just quit while you're ahead.

Get peoples' post? Do you know how the forum works?

I don't go to car meets. I'm not in high school or looking for validation.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:02 PM   #25
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
More detail:

I had a 1985 Toyota Carina. Loved the car to death. Fucking blast. Got pulled over in my podunk suburban white town every single day, multiple times whenever I drove it. Literally always. Finding parts was fucking awful. Spent $600 on a distributor for said car. Among other things. So that got really annoying. Sold it to a friend of mine, bought an S13 Silvia. Much cheaper.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:24 AM   #26
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
an Rx-7 FD isn't fed legal?

. 2017 - 0025 = ?
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:09 AM   #27
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
an Rx-7 FD isn't fed legal?

. 2017 - 0025 = ?
There was a couple hundred made in 1991 and not sure on the exact production date but about ~26k were in 1992 so we should see a lot more rotary in the next year. I just hope they arent taxed in the next 6 months. I love the r32 GTR but lately the FD has been growing on me.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:49 AM   #28
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Why would you buy a RHD version with all the stupid little nuances when there is a LHD version that works just as well?

Never understood the idea of buying a RHD for the sake of buying a RHD vehicle. If you're going to do, buy one that is not available in the US.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:53 AM   #29
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Go back to the Audi forum we have enough of your fuckboi kind around here.
JM216S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #30
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM216S14 View Post
Go back to the Audi forum we have enough of your fuckboi kind around here.
Lmfao...

signed up in 2007 and still says "fuckboi"

...don't be that guy.

Left hand turns is going to be a bitch that's for sure. That's why I mentioned the camera mounted in the front left to see on coming traffic. Guess its just an extra safety step to take on my end.