Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #481
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just saw this article about the CA home market.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/07/24/...he-nation.html
Old 07-24-2018, 11:19 PM   #482
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Just saw this article about the CA home market.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/07/24/...he-nation.html
The housing market in Southern California is a weird thing, and I'm no real-estate agent but I think that article is wrong.

The only reason why California housing prices and sales trends are an indicator for the rest of the country is because as prices in California rise, people leave to other states and drive the cost of homes in that area up. Housing stalling out in California isn't an indicator that the value of homes in the rest of the country will drop soon, if anything its an indicator that more people are leaving this stupid place.

Also, there's still plenty of places in California (take where I live for instance) where the market should still continue to rise. The over populated parts of the state, LA, SD, OC, Riverside, etc are now saturated to the point where there's no room for new construction, and new construction is so far out of the center of the city that people figure they might as well add an extra 30 minutes to their commute and live somewhere that houses are significantly (100-200k) cheaper.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:26 AM   #483
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Also, a fair amount of Cali is unable to build either horizontally or vertically. 75% of SF for example is zoned for Single Family housings, so as more folks move in, and less construction of new homes occur, that is the trend you are going to see. They literally cannot build out as they sit on a peninsula.

Below is the zoning code for SF as an example.
https://sfzoning.deapthoughts.com/

That and to live in CA is just stupid expensive. A decade ago it was the home prices. But now, the shitty traffic is just shitty. There are more folks clogging up the bike trails, the roads, the local eatery etc.

Basically CA is a victim of it's own success/weather
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #484
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Home Owners Thread

Trying Tapatalk app out for the first time to make posting pics easier.

Redid my outdoor dining table top. Replaced the 2” wet oak wood top that warped to hell (not a good wood to use outside. If I would have bought the dried oak it would have better) with a cedar board. Planed it. Sanding and staining tomorrow hopefully.

Edit: also just pressure washed my whole damn concrete patio last weekend. 7 hours later it looks brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #485
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I stained my deck and it came out ok but where did you get the plans for the table?
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #486
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Just made them up. I’ve built all kinds of stuff over the years. The legs are barn beams. The frame is the oak. Held together with lag bolts and washers.

It’s nice being able to eat dinner as a family outside during the amazing spring summer and fall here.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #487
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Really good work, Mel. Those barn posts look awesome.

Does anybody have any sites/forums they go to for woodworking? Pics + plans is what I'm imagining here.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:40 PM   #488
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Really good work, Mel. Those barn posts look awesome.

Does anybody have any sites/forums they go to for woodworking? Pics + plans is what I'm imagining here.

Thanks.

I don’t know if any sites with good free plans. They’re always payed. I kinda just research the shit out of it and watch YouTube vids.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #489
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Home Owners Thread

All done. Planed. Sanded. 2 Coates of stain. Happy with it.

Last edited by exitspeed; 08-08-2018 at 07:18 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #490
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That's a mighty fine looking table. Excellent work.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #491
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
The housing market in Southern California is a weird thing, and I'm no real-estate agent but I think that article is wrong.

The only reason why California housing prices and sales trends are an indicator for the rest of the country is because as prices in California rise, people leave to other states and drive the cost of homes in that area up. Housing stalling out in California isn't an indicator that the value of homes in the rest of the country will drop soon, if anything its an indicator that more people are leaving this stupid place.

Also, there's still plenty of places in California (take where I live for instance) where the market should still continue to rise. The over populated parts of the state, LA, SD, OC, Riverside, etc are now saturated to the point where there's no room for new construction, and new construction is so far out of the center of the city that people figure they might as well add an extra 30 minutes to their commute and live somewhere that houses are significantly (100-200k) cheaper.
^^^ this,

more people i know are leaving the state than buying homes, even a fair amount are selling their homes and leaving the state. I'll be making a quick and swift exit here soon too, this place is not business friendly at all.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #492
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
^^^ this,

more people i know are leaving the state than buying homes, even a fair amount are selling their homes and leaving the state. I'll be making a quick and swift exit here soon too, this place is not business friendly at all.

Mmmmhmmmmm.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #493
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Also, got a new outdoor loveseat for the patio. This years Cornroast is gonna be epic.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:36 PM   #494
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
All of the SoCal people are migrating to Las Vegas. [emoji30]
Old 08-15-2018, 09:20 PM   #495
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
All of the SoCal people are migrating to Las Vegas. [emoji30]
Like cancer spreading throughout the nation...
Old 08-15-2018, 09:22 PM   #496
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Very much so. The worst part is that they move here and vote like it’s Cali. The guy running for dem governor has already pledged to ban “assault” rifles.

Fuck My Actual Life
Old 08-15-2018, 09:31 PM   #497
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Yupp. I will never understand the mentality of wanting to transform your new home into the place you escaped from... Anyway, Im out of here before this thread derails. I do plan on buying some property in about a year or so.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #498
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No one should live in Vegas.

It is a desert.

*hides*
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #499
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
exitspeed, I dig the outside look and the drapped over lights
Old 08-16-2018, 06:36 PM   #500
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Maybe this was already brought up, but have you guys ever check out cost of living calculators? It's probably not really accurate, but it gives us CA peasants an idea of how much we have to make to maintain the same standard of living in other states.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/cost-of-living-calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
No one should live in Vegas.

It is a desert.

*hides*
Just like how no one should live here

*also hides*
spooled240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:43 PM   #501
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Maybe this was already brought up, but have you guys ever check out cost of living calculators? It's probably not really accurate, but it gives us CA peasants an idea of how much we have to make to maintain the same standard of living in other states.

Just like how no one should live here

*also hides*
brb not having a drought (I expected that haha)

I tried to play with that. Thing doesn't have MILWAUKEE listed, tfw they list cities that are literally 3% the size of MKE but not it. But using Madison, my income crosses pretty much straight over to the cities I want to move to.

Feels good man.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #502
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post

Huh. According to this, I don't really need to make much more money to afford leaving dallas for LA/Long Beach like I've been wanting... Probably a pipedream, but this has me thinking...
Old 08-18-2018, 10:25 AM   #503
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

How the hell is milwaukee not even on there when it’s the biggest city in WI? The fuck. I used Madison and just wanted to see how much if I moved to LA. I’d have to make $335k to maintain my standard of living. Good thing I’m never moving to LA.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:17 PM   #504
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
https://edsource.org/2018/teachers-a...rograms/602153

I agree with the comments on this article. Its cool they qualified but how are they going to afford it?

Article didnt shed any light as to how this young couple is going to afford the $3k+ mortgage they signed their life away for.

All it said was GF makes $50k a year and BF works for a non profit in the education system. What?

Rough math:

lets say they make a total of $120k a year. After taxes their combined paycheck would be around $3500 before deductions pertaining to Health insurance, retirment, etc. Theyd barely be squeaking by. Holy shit.

Last edited by ZenkiKid; 09-17-2018 at 04:55 PM..
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #505
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post

I agree with the comments on this article. Its cool they qualified but how are they going to afford it?

Article didnt shed any light as to how this young couple is going to afford the $3k+ mortgage they signed their life away for.

All it said was GF makes $50k a year and BF works for a non profit in the education system. What?

Rough math:

lets say they make a total of $120k a year. After taxes their combined paycheck would be around $3500 before deductions pertaining to Health insurance, retirment, etc. Theyd barely be squeaking by. Holy shit.
Yeah that sounds like the exact type of situation that caused the housing crisis a decade ago. People buying houses they can't afford. Not only does it sound like they won't be able to afford to live there, the State Gov is using tax payer money to help put them in this shitty spot.

SMH.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:32 PM   #506
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:

Rough math:

Dear god! If the district is so concerned about having teachers live in the community they teach in, why wouldn’t they help them find an apartment or condo that was within their means? Why did have to be a house?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #507
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Dear god! If the district is so concerned about having teachers live in the community they teach in, why wouldn’t they help them find an apartment or condo that was within their means? Why did have to be a house?
Because that (literally) doesn't exist in CA. Major cities in CA are zoned for houses so no new builds

If they had new builds, they would be tagged as luxo apartments and it would be $3000/month down the black hole of renting, never to be seen again. And that would be for a studio
Old 09-18-2018, 07:38 AM   #508
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

CA housing market down for the 4th consecutive month.

https://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2...lters-for.html
Old 09-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #509
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
CA housing market down for the 4th consecutive month.

https://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2...lters-for.html
Market correction is incoming. I say either by the end of the year or sometime next year.

Still gonna be expensive AF but more manageable.

I give it a year or two before a real crash happens. Those bloated FHA/HFA loans that people who really cant afford homes but signed up for them anyway is going to get hit hard.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #510
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Market correction is incoming. I say either by the end of the year or sometime next year.

Still gonna be expensive AF but more manageable.

I give it a year or two before a real crash happens. Those bloated FHA/HFA loans that people who really cant afford homes but signed up for them anyway is going to get hit hard.
I believe JP Morgan predicts it’ll be 2020.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote