Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
aearl34
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
aearl34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 first 240sx build, built sr20det, picture heavy

hey guys i have been in the process of building my 92 s13 over the last 2 years and i figured id start a thread showing alittle of the progress..
all though its been 2 years and a few things have come up where i havent been able to put much time or money into it, its finally almost ready to run again..
the day i bought my basically virgin 240sx.. atleast appears to be..

alittle to get you guys up to speed on what i actually bought..
i bought the car not running.. it needed the wiring fixed and finished..
it had a black top sr20det in her when i got it that supposedly ran mint.. i traded a delsol i got for $700
it had a gay bodykit but it had a built b17a1 so i bought it to make money.. anyways enough of that honda shit.. so i traded a $700 car for a clean s13 chassis with an sr20det swap, with full bolt ons, fmic, hks dp, megan manifold, and 3 inch apexi exhaust.. all bolt ons were brand new.. what a steal right?? NOT.. got it home finished the wiring 2 days later filled her with oil and she fires up but somethings not right.. no power, and a dead miss.. start pulling coils and get to #4 sure as shit the guy traded me a a blown up sr20 swapped car for a good running car whata dbag..
10psi of compression and 100% leak in that cylinder.. awesome.. melted piston.. luckly the cylinder wall barley had any scoring.. and thats were this build starts..
out with the blown up sr20

making the bay look a tad bit better

time to starting breaking the bank.. (arp main stud, wiseco pistons, manley rods, arp head studs, acl race bearings)

well the bottom end seems to be looking like itll hold up for alittle abuse.. also needed a new crank because the tard ass apparently thought finger tight flywheel bolts would hold up.. lol

lets see what the head has in store..

tomei 270 duration 12.5mm lift hydro cams should work..
along with some bc ti springs and retainers..

just grinding some sr20 valves at work.. getting paid to work on my engine how nice!

3 angle valve job

valves and new bc springs and retainers are in.. just finishing shimming the rocker arms

look at those monster cams

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/150264_10202500417608454_746059187_n.jpg[/IMG

to cold to work in the garage.. lets assemble this bad boy in the livingroom!

head is on and she is timed

the tuning options are endless but got a good deal on this megasquirt pnp

new top mount turbo mani has arrived!

garrett turbo i bought off a member on here.. cant remember exact trim of it but it fits pretty nice on the mani ! manifold allows turbo to clear valve cover by 2 or so inches.. highly recommend this manifold its an xspower.. lifetime warranty full race replica just $600 cheaper

injectors are detchswerks 740cc with a nismo fpr..
car is now converted to 5 lug with ichiba 5 lug conversion hubs..

picked up this like new true corbeau seat for $60 and 4 courts of oil.. car guys when there hard up for cash = good deals

as i was installing my upper aluminum oil pan i was unaware that arp had messed up on making the sr20det main studs which cause the oil pan to crack.. so be aware of this if you have main studs.. you need to grind the stud down a little bit and the pan a little bit and check your clearances.. so i had that welded up which took awhile to find someone that could weld cast aluminum but now everything is virtually on the engine.. just waiting to order a 44mm vband wastegate and a wideband

ill keep you guys posted on what else is to come into this build.. its not even close to over... still need to upgrade all the suspension.. and decide to weld the diff or put my s14 vlsd.. although i doubt it will hold up to the power this thing should put down..
aearl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Bosas

Bosas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice progress so far man!
Bosas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
QX8C