Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-21-2018, 11:20 PM   #31
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
win list:

Defi

Fail:
auto meter
momo(prob only run if you life in bfe)
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2018, 11:50 PM   #32
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
the OP needs to decide a handful of basic things before he delves into the parts he needs.

the lot of you just love to argue and its funny to read.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #33
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Speaking from experience you'll always see OGs shitting on new brands that come in the scene.

The reason we do that is that we were the seed round of funding/R&D for these brands. Megan had little to no QC over their early products. Heim joints would fail and lose their tension. The aluminum arms would crack/break the threaded sections would rust. Buyer and skeptics alike would all say: "What did you expect? It's cheap." And swear to never buy it again or buy it again knowing we would replace it relatively soon.

Juusco, you're 19. You're still very new to the scene especially for guys that have been into these cars since the 90s,00s etc.

Your ideal build is much different from the guys that still idolize the 2000s of drifting, doriten, option video etc. and it always will be. No matter what this will always be an issue of contention between your peers and mine.

The sooner you accept that the sooner you'll be able to shrug off those disagreements and move on with your life. Do it while you're young. You won't change these old dogs.

This is very true. Some of you have been into the car scene before I were even born and that is amazing since you still are here enjoying the hobby with passion.

I love the "old school" 2000s cars that I've seen from Option, doriten etc.., but does this still make newer brands shitty? Yes, maybe it doesn't fit to your eye, but it doesn't make it a shitty product. Look at the Top Secret, Abflug and Veilside. Some of their products look horrible to me, but they're still good brands since their producst are high quality.

Some say that Super Advans look horrible, but are they shitty wheels? Hell nah!

I'm not trying to change anyones preferences here, I'm just trying to tell people that these newer brands are good quality too and I do not agree with someone calling it a shitty product, because they do not like how the products look.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:51 AM   #34
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
This is very true. Some of you have been into the car scene before I were even born and that is amazing since you still are here enjoying the hobby with passion.

I love the "old school" 2000s cars that I've seen from Option, doriten etc.., but does this still make newer brands shitty? Yes, maybe it doesn't fit to your eye, but it doesn't make it a shitty product. Look at the Top Secret, Abflug and Veilside. Some of their products look horrible to me, but they're still good brands since their producst are high quality.

Some say that Super Advans look horrible, but are they shitty wheels? Hell nah!

I'm not trying to change anyones preferences here, I'm just trying to tell people that these newer brands are good quality too and I do not agree with someone calling it a shitty product, because they do not like how the products look.
I think you completely glazed over the original point of my post.

Those new brands started off by making inferior parts. The company's business and development were not crafted around motorsports or performance but producing rep parts with cheap build quality.

They raised money by putting as little money into the actual parts and development. They went to market with the cheap parts without testing them for fatigue or stress. They sold a bunch of junk to Americans that could not afford imported arms like Ikeya formula or domestic quality brands like SPL.

After they made money by mass selling cheap pieces and staining their name they started investing in making parts with better quality to improve their name for new people coming into the fold.

The Mishimoto/isr/megan of today is much different than the mishimoto/isr/megan when they originally came out.

Many of the old heads still have the taste of shit in our mouths for the original trash they put out.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:02 AM   #35
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
You seem to also have a hard on for Feal suspension. First off it's clearly and obvious name brand trying to sound JDM by calling it Feal instead of Zeal.
If its 'clearly obvious' Feal is trying to be deceptive and trick people into thinking they are 'JDM', please provide proof.

This has got to be one of the dumbest posts ive read on zilvia in a long time.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #36
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
The Mishimoto/isr/megan of today is much different than the mishimoto/isr/megan when they originally came out.
This is one of the most important things i've read in this thread.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #37
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
If its 'clearly obvious' Feal is trying to be deceptive and trick people into thinking they are 'JDM', please provide proof.

This has got to be one of the dumbest posts ive read on zilvia in a long time.
Zeal is one of most respected companies that make coilovers.

Feal Sound almost just like it name it wise. It's no coincidence on the name chosen.

You can't be serious where you never put two and two together.

Last edited by turboshoebox; 08-22-2018 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: ` `
Old 08-22-2018, 11:01 AM   #38
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Falkon240 with the truth.
Interesting how ISR, Mishimoto, Megan, etc have grown from their not so humble beginnings.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:02 AM   #39
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^^ Feal vs. Zeal that has no fact behind it... Might as well just be spreading rumors....
Old 08-22-2018, 11:04 AM   #40
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Zeal is one of most respected companies that make coilovers.

Feal Sound almost just like it name it wise. It's no coincidence on the name chosen.

You can't be serious where you never put two and two together.
I have no experience with Feal coils, but from what I heard, from the start he custom builds coils and using a shock dyno will match springs with the dampers, aka doing some quality work.

Which is more than I can say for some of the other entry level coil companies out there.

He may have changed his business model since he first started, but Feal IIRC can rebuild shit ass coils into coils (1st gen Megan/BC/ISR) into coils that actually feel and perform well.

Feal in Latin also means LOYALTY which may have a deeper meaning than your belief that they are just copying a reputable Japanese brand and changing a letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary.com
feal
[feel]
ExamplesWord Origin
See more synonyms for feal on Thesaurus.com
adjective
Archaic. faithful; loyal.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:36 AM   #41
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
win list:

Defi

Fail:
auto meter
momo(prob only run if you life in bfe)
STACK gauges are great, Autometer now owns them. Their Elite series gauges are Autometer branded STACK gauges if I am not mistaken. Most of the Autometer offerings I'd agree are trash, but not the Elite/STACK stuff.

MOMO steering wheels are great too. I consider them the same quality as Personal, Sparco, etc.

Trash steering wheels, I'd say are brands such as Grip Royal and NRG
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #42
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
To the OP - just find something you think you may like, then Google the brand, the product, discover what sort of quality you can expect.

I have peak performance suspension arms, not a super JDM even a well known brand (most if not all their stuff is discontinued), but I felt good buying old used arms because they have easily interchangeable, high quality Aurora rod ends whereas Megan, ISR and such, while they may currently offer a higher quality arm than what they initially did, they still utilize cheap rod ends that makes them worthless to me.

I don't think it's ever brand per se, but more of quality where it counts.

I bought a Greddy hot pipe for my car years ago, spent $120 dollars on a piece of aluminum pipe. Total waste of money I could've had an identical pipe for under $20 but I used to brand jockey hard, these days it's just quality > all, no matter the manufacturer.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:54 AM   #43
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
I just came from a thread where someone proudly rocks a mishi IC with a huge logo painted on it. Funny how that's become normal.
I laughed when I saw this. Taken here in Toronto. I guess they spent all their money on the car and had none left over for good parts.

derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #44
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
please do not ever reproduce.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #45
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think you completely glazed over the original point of my post.

Those new brands started off by making inferior parts. The company's business and development were not crafted around motorsports or performance but producing rep parts with cheap build quality.

They raised money by putting as little money into the actual parts and development. They went to market with the cheap parts without testing them for fatigue or stress. They sold a bunch of junk to Americans that could not afford imported arms like Ikeya formula or domestic quality brands like SPL.

After they made money by mass selling cheap pieces and staining their name they started investing in making parts with better quality to improve their name for new people coming into the fold.

Many of the old heads still have the taste of shit in our mouths for the original trash they put out.

Ahh, sorry! Now I got it.

And I still think you're correct.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #46
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
I laughed when I saw this. Taken here in Toronto. I guess they spent all their money on the car and had none left over for good parts.

fucking downgrade
Old 08-22-2018, 08:14 PM   #47
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I had some nismo coilovers for S14 on a kouki that had to be 20 years old.

Out of production but specifically produced for 240sx by nismo (nissan I guess).

They were amazing (to me). Silent, stable, just wow at 20 year old parts like that.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:32 PM   #48
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
please do not ever reproduce.
if you want to build a car with nothing but replica parts and mishimoto, ISR etc. noone is stoping you
Old 08-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #49
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Odi build me a custom set of coils for my 350

And his sales rep was on the phone with me for two hours asking this and that....let me tell you that was the best set of coils I love ever had or been in. Feal or nothing for coils
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:31 AM   #50
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Good brands:
Tomei
ARC
HKS
Blitz
Greddy
MSport
Nismo
DG-5
Sard
Tanabe
Do-Luck
Cusco
Ikeya Formula
SSR
Work
Bride
Koyo
Apex'i
Bee-R
Vertex
Varis
Voltex
Gargage Mak
Advan

Shity Brands:

ISR
Fortune Auto
Mishimoto
CX Racing
XXR
Duralast bodykits
VIS racing
Seibon carbon
ESR wheels
Varstoen wheels
Cosmis wheels
JNC wheels
Spec clutchs
Megan Racing
BC racing
Feal coilovers
Ksport
Megan racing
NRG
Grip Royal
Rocket bunny
Battle aero
ebay stuff
Corbeu seats
ur a fuckin weenie
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:53 AM   #51
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
ur a fuckin weenie
u mad the brands u like to run are on the fail list bro?
Old 08-23-2018, 02:25 AM   #52
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Again, let's look past the internet persona here and point out that the dude still hasn't listed a valid reason. His method of deduction goes like this:

Is it Japanese?
Have I heard about it in anime?
Did I read it in manga?

No?

Cheap, shitty parts.

*turboshoebox finds his hidden stash of Japanese farts in the kitchen cupboard, the one behind the off-brand Frosted Flakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBfWKmRFTjM
Old 08-23-2018, 08:06 AM   #53
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
I just came from a thread where someone proudly rocks a mishi IC with a huge logo painted on it. Funny how that's become normal.
Whats wrong with a mishimoto intercooler?

The thing that has always bothered me about intercoolers is the lack of information and stats provided with them. Honestly, there is very very minimal data provided with numerous brands about how their intercooler flows etc. Everybody humps greddy intercoolers, but why are they good? Because it was a huge intercooler core 15 years ago? Have they updated anything about it since? Theres very minimal data showing that a a lot of these big branded intercoolers are any better flowing than say mishimoto or cxracing. I have a cxracing intercooler core on my car, and I have no issues with it. Is there a better product out there? I'm sure there is. But I see no reason to gamble money on something that MIGHT be better performing.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #54
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
u mad the brands u like to run are on the fail list bro?
nah not mad man, just stating that youre a fuckin weenie
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #55
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Diz: what is ur obsessiom with anime and keep refering to it as if jdm parts are are refered to in it? Seems ur the weeaboo. They are both Japanese but that's about it.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #56
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Whats wrong with a mishimoto intercooler?

The thing that has always bothered me about intercoolers is the lack of information and stats provided with them. Honestly, there is very very minimal data provided with numerous brands about how their intercooler flows etc. Everybody humps greddy intercoolers, but why are they good? Because it was a huge intercooler core 15 years ago? Have they updated anything about it since? Theres very minimal data showing that a a lot of these big branded intercoolers are any better flowing than say mishimoto or cxracing. I have a cxracing intercooler core on my car, and I have no issues with it. Is there a better product out there? I'm sure there is. But I see no reason to gamble money on something that MIGHT be better performing.
Why not Koyo? I see the boners with Greddy, but there are a LOT of other good brands as well. Griffin is legit too....
Old 08-23-2018, 03:14 PM   #57
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

I don't see anyone going bonkers for greddy but arc fmic, radiaters and oil coolers
Old 08-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #58
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Diz: what is ur obsessiom with anime and keep refering to it as if jdm parts are are refered to in it? Seems ur the weeaboo. They are both Japanese but that's about it.
Oh I just assumed...but you're the expert on all things Japanese. Should've known you'd call me out for my lack of Japanese knowledge.

You still not gonna provide any evidence for us, Master Weeb?
Old 08-23-2018, 03:39 PM   #59
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Tomei US not really the same and Tomei Japan. They may change their name eventually
ARC - No longer in existance
HKS - Great quality but very difficult to get into US as distribution is limited
Blitz - one of the first brands to outsourcing their products but quality control is amazing
Greddy - Owned by a larger group now that owns other brands such as OS Giken. Sold all their tooling during bankruptcy and out source a large majority of their products. Great quality control
MSport - Seriously don't worry. Can't afford it.
Nismo - OEM Quality
DG-5 - Use Korean manufacture. Tuned in Japanese fashion for very aggressive for US style roads
Sard - Great parts. Costly.
Tanabe - Shocks are great when new but they go through lines so quickly that you will not be able to get you shocks serviced in the future.
Do-Luck - Not worth the eccentric styling. Great quality but alternatives are better quality and pricing
Cusco - Amazing product and quality control. Internal manufacturing in Japan. Provide OEM manufacture with Motorsports solutions
Ikeya Formula - Great quality and originators of may of the parts you see copied today. Pricey because of low production numbers. High Quality.
SSR - Amazing wheels. Great product. Part of the TANABE family
Work - Amazing wheels. Great Product. Also part of a larger trading group.
Bride - Amazing Quality but very limited production. Expensive but holds it's value.
Koyo - Quality High but has diminished over the past few years on their new line. Needs some better quality control IMO these days. No real warranty or support.
Apex'i - Amazing Quality and provider of one of the most popular tuning solutions for Japanese cars
Bee-R - More a of Japanese tuning shop. Small electronics. Great for light tuning solutions
Vertex - One of the highest grade body kits. Loyal owner to motorsports culture.
Varis - High Quality kits
Voltex - High Quality Kits
Gargage Mak - High Quality Kits
Advan - Part of the Mackin Industry group in US. Very high quality wheels

"Shity" Brands: I don't entirely agree with this

ISR - Ok brand. Decent for light tuning but life does not last as long. You will buy 2 but over the span of a certain time. Buy one now or 2 isr later
Fortune Auto - Quality components all selected. offering innovative suspension tuning solutions such as digressive piston technology and penske external components.
Mishimoto - Fun fact. US based company that wanted asian sounding automotive name. Mishi was his cat. Add moto and bam. Good warranty but distribution is a bit behind. Make sure item is in stock at your preferred shop
CX Racing - No real foundation. Good if on a budget and just need to get buy. Meh at best
XXR - Surprisingly popular in Japan. Great for 15"s Drifters. Great for getting out there and just driving
Duralast bodykits - Keep your oem.
VIS racing - Keep your oem
Seibon carbon - Slowly improving over time. Best of the replica carbon brand
ESR wheels - No opinion
Varstoen wheels - replica wheels. When you want TE's but don't think you will ever get them.
Cosmis wheels - Affordable semi-unique wheels
JNC wheels - No opinion
Spec clutchs - Hit or miss. Sometimes great sometimes trash. Most the time it's because people are not really matching what they need with what they buy. They over clutch.
Megan Racing - Improved quality over time. Engineer formerly from Tein.
BC racing - Producer of coilovers but no real R&D. Make coils for a number of major brand and takes their design and calls it theirs.
Feal coilovers - Using larger manufacture to produce but valved and spec'd by independent firm in the US. Don't purchase if you're not going to use them to their potential. Will feel like crap if just using for daily street.
Ksport - BC like manufacture
NRG - We all know what it is.
Grip Royal - Mid grade manufacture of wheels. Not Shit but not amazing. It'll due
Rocket bunny - Depends on source. Greddy distributed units have amazing fitment and quality. Alternative Licensed group units are outsourced and do not fit as well
Battle aero - Not truely function. Yes it's a wing but not competition worthy.
ebay stuff - Ebay stuff
Corbeu seats - Great Big Boy Seats.

Here is just some insight on the brands. Everyone has different experiences. Purchase with caution and remember, When you give someone your money, what are they doing with it? Bigger house or more innovation in motorsports. Your call.
Maxstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:18 PM   #60
slider2828
Post Whore!

Dayum Maxstyle, you write that.... Pretty on point I'd say.....

Someone should sticky this thread for future.... Also on clutches

RPS Clutches - US base clutch maker. Quality is very good, but distribution is lacking.
OS Giken - Japan based. One of the original still very good clutches made but need to make sure correct TOB is selected
Ogura Clutches (ORC) and Diffs - Very high quality, quite expensive, but all rebuildable and uses a lot of stock components.
ATS Cross (Clutches) and Diffs - Highest quality clutches and diffs available especially their carbon line. Gotta pay to play
ACT Cluthes - Simiar to Spec(?) Maybe someone with experience chime in.