Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #17821
s14gmo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
s14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enoughs14gmo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
So it's a Type S with the Type X aero. Yeah man his IG was 'typical cringe' type-stuff...and the car looks way better in the picture above than it does on IG :/

Oh and grey market shit is never cool.

u fkn won't.
I cant right now too many projects . Keep up the clean builds guys !!!
s14gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2018, 07:06 PM   #17822
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:56 PM   #17823
merlz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
So it's a Type S with the Type X aero.
To be fair there is no such thing as 'Type X' aero. It's as the thread title suggests 'Kouki'.

Because the Type S is a later stage model it was equipped with the same aero.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:56 AM   #17824
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
To be fair there is no such thing as 'Type X' aero. It's as the thread title suggests 'Kouki'.

Because the Type S is a later stage model it was equipped with the same aero.
Type-S was the base model... it did not come standard with factory aero

You are correct about "Type-X" being the wrong name for the aero parts though... for some odd reason, "Type-X" was adopted to actually mean "S13 Kouki aero" in English speaking regions

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #17825
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Type-S was the base model... it did not come standard with factory aero

You are correct about "Type-X" being the wrong name for the aero parts though... for some odd reason, "Type-X" was adopted to actually mean "S13 Kouki aero" in English speaking regions

Type S is almost identical to X apart from it's N/A engine. Bumpers were the same. The lip and valances were additional items any kouki model could option for.

Wiki Reference
The final iteration was released in August 1996. It had a revised front bumper, tail lights, 15-inch wheels and interior. The mechanical and safety package received minor changes, such as the addition of a driver's side airbag, seat belt pre-tensioners, and some changes in the wiring and ECU. Three levels of 180SX were offered: Type X, Type S and Type R, with the Type S being the first 180SX to be offered without a turbocharged engine.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #17826
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post

Do you have anymore of these dope scans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #17827
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
oh excuse me, the type S was the "Qs" model... MY. BAD. *rolling eyes*

im still correct about "S13 Kouki Aero" though... ITS STILL NOT TYPE X AERO!

PS: The Type-A/G/S/R/K/X/V/L/U bla bla bla trim level started on the 94-95 chuki models... Nissan just carried it over to the S13 kouki model. 180sx trims were previously Type-I and Type-II so calling it "Type-X aero" makes ZERO sense and is only used outside of Japan since the bulk of the world has no idea what the difference between all the letters meant.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #17828
merlz
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
Do you have anymore of these dope scans
Hey man if you're keen to dive in the rabbit hole of optional parts/catalogs then just search for '180SX catalog

Here are a couple that are relevant to thread.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:40 PM   #17829
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
It seems like the Type X is just used to refer to the 'top of the line' for the kouki 180SX. SR20DET & all aero to include the lip and rear aero. That's how the people here refer to it but hey, what do they know...it's only thier fucking country lol.

I'd argue that caling it 'Type X aero' in the US is better than saying '180SX aero w/all optional aero bits.' There's a reason why the Japanese market it as 'Type X' on YAJ.

Semantics, I suppose.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:13 PM   #17830
jay70

jay70 is on the path to ruinjay70 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
It seems like the Type X is just used to refer to the 'top of the line' for the kouki 180SX. SR20DET & all aero to include the lip and rear aero. That's how the people here refer to it but hey, what do they know...it's only thier fucking country lol.

I'd argue that caling it 'Type X aero' in the US is better than saying '180SX aero w/all optional aero bits.' There's a reason why the Japanese market it as 'Type X' on YAJ.

Semantics, I suppose.
*their

It's just kouki 180sx aero, don't know why you feel the need to call it anything else
jay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:46 PM   #17831
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
type-x sounds better to me.

Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:10 AM   #17832
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay70 View Post
*their

It's just kouki 180sx aero, don't know why you feel the need to call it anything else
Lazy Americans, man. Count those syllables. 9 vs 4. That's a W for 'Mericuhh.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #17833
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
This thread right now:

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #17834
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Type X/ kouki. Who cares.. here is my hotroad/kouki/type X

ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:28 PM   #17835
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #17836
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-22-2018, 09:42 PM   #17837
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Old 10-22-2018, 11:41 PM   #17838
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Dreamworks Type-XXX
Old 10-23-2018, 01:53 AM   #17839
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via MSN to Motary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
Do you have anymore of these dope scans?

http://motary.planet.ee/200SX/review/

This has all of em, first ones are reviews and bottom are OEM brochures
Old 10-23-2018, 04:31 AM   #17840
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motary View Post

This has all of em, first ones are reviews and bottom are OEM brochures

Thank you!

Old 10-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #17841
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Has anyone successfully removed the A-pillar vinyl without destroying the paint underneath? I got a new chassis that I would like to preserve the original paint but I’m not a fan of the dark A-pillar look. I would post a picture but I’m old and dumb and don’t know how to anymore.
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:09 PM   #17842
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_Monster View Post
Has anyone successfully removed the A-pillar vinyl without destroying the paint underneath? I got a new chassis that I would like to preserve the original paint but I’m not a fan of the dark A-pillar look. I would post a picture but I’m old and dumb and don’t know how to anymore.

I hear you can peel it. I've never done it so I cannot verify.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #17843
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_Monster View Post
the paint underneath will most likely be in perfect condition. its never been hit by the sun or the elements. its just black vinyl. get it warm with a heat gun and peal.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:20 PM   #17844
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Thanks guys! I was worried about the clear coat coming up but it sounds like I’ll be okay.
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:46 AM   #17845
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Old 10-31-2018, 08:34 AM   #17846
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Old 11-01-2018, 12:09 AM   #17847
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Old 11-06-2018, 09:06 AM   #17848
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Old 11-07-2018, 01:11 AM   #17849
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I need to stop using my iPhone for all of my pictures.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #17850
smink
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
smink is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
[IMG][/IMG]