Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #121
turboeic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Tune it. Its all about the For me I don't think a AFC will do it. There's some guy on ka-t.org pushing I think 340 at 20psiwith no internals. So you want reliability get a tune.
turboeic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #122
mikey0129
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
mikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymoremikey0129 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey guys im about to turbo my 240

i was wondering have u guys ever heard about dis kit?

http://www.advancedjdmparts.com/home.php?cat=302

are they and good? thx for the help
mikey0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:30 PM   #123
mtx450
Zilvia Junkie

mtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura aboutmtx450 has a spectacular aura about

This is the Megan Racing top mount manifold. I was just wondering if anyone has it, and was there any fitment issues with it. I know you guys only wanted facts in this thread, but this question comes up a lot and I did multiple searches with different keywords and really came up with nothing. I just wouldn't want people to get this manifold if it has issues of hitting the BMC or the shock tower. Thanks fellas.
mtx450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #124
koifish
Leaky Injector

koifish is a glorious beacon of lightkoifish is a glorious beacon of lightkoifish is a glorious beacon of lightkoifish is a glorious beacon of lightkoifish is a glorious beacon of lightkoifish is a glorious beacon of lightkoifish is a glorious beacon of lightkoifish is a glorious beacon of lightkoifish is a glorious beacon of lightkoifish is a glorious beacon of lightkoifish is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to koifish
sorry please erase

Last edited by koifish; 03-04-2008 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: mistake
koifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #125
twofortyrida1388
Zilvia Addict

twofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura abouttwofortyrida1388 has a spectacular aura about
Yo all these ?'s are in the wrong place. That's what your own threads are for. Don't post a ? w/o an anwser. I noticed some new post on the ka24det faq and opened and read these bullshit ass posts above. The mods have stated it a 1000 times not to post questions in these unless of course it has an awnser with it.

Boost Coming soon...
twofortyrida1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #126
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtx450 View Post

This is the Megan Racing top mount manifold. I was just wondering if anyone has it, and was there any fitment issues with it. I know you guys only wanted facts in this thread, but this question comes up a lot and I did multiple searches with different keywords and really came up with nothing. I just wouldn't want people to get this manifold if it has issues of hitting the BMC or the shock tower. Thanks fellas.
.... Looks way to SSAC style for me. I have heard some decent things about the SR bottom mounts. Not any real feedback on the KA Top mount. But IMO, it looks like they copied SSAC. For the price you pay for that, get a JGS. The starter kit they sell is a awsome deal.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #127
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0129 View Post

http://www.advancedjdmparts.com/home.php?cat=302

Parts are probably going to fall apart. They do not even have KA stuff in the pictures.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #128
racer20

racer20 is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to racer20
There is another company out there car p-fabraction.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #129
racer20

racer20 is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to racer20
The p fab manifold is good but there not cheap also
Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #130
240tuned91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
240tuned91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hey back on the aftermarket fpr. Jeff i have a fresh rebult ka24de. Supertech 9.1 pistons,eagle rods, clevite bearings, arp studs, and stock head with stock cams. I am also running e-manage blue. However i bought a megan fpr because my old stock one broke. My headgasket took a crap and when i pulled off the cyclinder head. My cometic hg was crapped. Also the water jacket one of them had a crack and there is pin holes from signs of detonation. I figure this might be my piece of crap megan fpr. It backed outt and the adjusting screw got loose. The guy helping me with my car thinks we should get my car tuned (which i agree thats always good) but with the base tune of the e-manage my car should of ran fine. I think the megan fpr made my car detonate. I only have 370's on my car and im going to run about 8lbs when the car is broken in. Should i just go back to the stock oem fpr and i should be safe. I mean my car before this was a stock bottom end but didnt detonate in one day like this. The stock blue e-manage tune should be fine for td-06 20 g turbo,370's, stock maf, stock cams ,9.1 comp pistons?
240tuned91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #131
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240tuned91 View Post
hey back on the aftermarket fpr. Jeff i have a fresh rebult ka24de. Supertech 9.1 pistons,eagle rods, clevite bearings, arp studs, and stock head with stock cams. I am also running e-manage blue. However i bought a megan fpr because my old stock one broke. My headgasket took a crap and when i pulled off the cyclinder head. My cometic hg was crapped. Also the water jacket one of them had a crack and there is pin holes from signs of detonation. I figure this might be my piece of crap megan fpr. It backed outt and the adjusting screw got loose. The guy helping me with my car thinks we should get my car tuned (which i agree thats always good) but with the base tune of the e-manage my car should of ran fine. I think the megan fpr made my car detonate. I only have 370's on my car and im going to run about 8lbs when the car is broken in. Should i just go back to the stock oem fpr and i should be safe. I mean my car before this was a stock bottom end but didnt detonate in one day like this. The stock blue e-manage tune should be fine for td-06 20 g turbo,370's, stock maf, stock cams ,9.1 comp pistons?
This thread is for informational purposes only. Post your question by starting your own thread in the Engine Tech forum.
Hawaiian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #132
240tuned91
Zilvia Member

240tuned91 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i didnt wanna start my own thread i thought i was just add on because they were talking about it but if you insist ok.. and i guess you dont know the answer you just yell at people about where they post lol? cool man
240tuned91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #133
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
s13

POST #110
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
A nub is still a nub, no matter the post count.

Because obviously you still haven't learned the skill to search.

And wtf are you asking where you could buy something? This is supposed to be a faq thread.

Evan: So you have my beads? WTF?!

And since this is a faq thread, it took me 4~ hrs to make my car na to smog.

Reason #157017 why ka>sr
POST #125
[quote=twofortyrida1388;1785153]Yo all these ?'s are in the wrong place. That's what your own threads are for. Don't post a ? w/o an anwser. I noticed some new post on the ka24det faq and opened and read these bullshit ass posts above. The mods have stated it a 1000 times not to post questions in these unless of course it has an awnser with it.[/quote]

POST# 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240tuned91 View Post
well i didnt wanna start my own thread i thought i was just add on because they were talking about it but if you insist ok.. and i guess you dont know the answer you just yell at people about where they post lol? cool man
???

It's been posted many times(if YOU REALLY READ the thread you would have seen it!). This is a FAQ thread, meaning there is a question AND answer posted. If YOU have a question on how to or what should I do, start your own thread so YOUR specific item can be addressed WITHOUT other things being discussed. It's common sense. As you can see above in the quotes, you posted a question(post #130) that was addressed 5 posts prior(post #125) to yours as something that shouldn't be in here!

And I wasn't yelling, I made a statement and gave you guidance on where to voice your concern properly. I didn't call you names, or say "F'n search" or anything like that. Start acting like the adult you should be and you will be taken seriously. Pop an attitude like you did and your feelings will get hurt and you'll post more stupid replies.

To answer your question, use a FPR that has a good rep. I use have used AEM and Aeromotive in the past with no problems. Some guys run Nismo FPR that bolts right up to the OEM fuel rail with no problems. My current build is going to have a Synapse Engineering FPR, cause I want to see how it does.

If you want simple, just get a Nismo or OEM replacement one. Worked great before! There. Look, I answered your question!

And yes, you should always get your car tuned after replacing things that changes fuel rate(bigger injectors), ignition, compression among other things. I learned this the hard and expensive way.

And, when you freshly rebuilt the block, did you have to deck the block and head? You never mentioned this. If either was/is warped you would get water leakage into the cylinders due to the gasket not sealing well. Excessive water in there doesn't compress well.

So, yes you should start your own thread. Beacause more info needs to be posted to figure out what happened.
Hawaiian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 AM   #134
nis-son
Leaky Injector

nis-son is making a name for him/her selfnis-son is making a name for him/her self
Has anyone ran the calum realtime ecu on there ka-t I'm thinking bout using that ecu for my setup. I'm aiming for 350 to 400hp
nis-son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #135
WhiteDevilZ

WhiteDevilZ is an unknown quantity at this point
No one is using nistune? Nistune works wonders for the z31. I will be turboing my ka with in the year and I plan to use nistune.

NIStune - Nissan Realtime ECU tuning
WhiteDevilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #136
kissritz
Leaky Injector

kissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the roughkissritz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to kissritz
is the the stock ka fuel pump good enough for a t25 set up? maybe 200-230hp or its a must to get the walbro 255??? Cuz i just purchased a new oem fuel pump! doah!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #137
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
this thread went down hill. but adding my 2 cents. JGY also makes a manifold. also t2 flanged.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #138
72nismo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
72nismo has a spectacular aura about72nismo has a spectacular aura about72nismo has a spectacular aura about72nismo has a spectacular aura about72nismo has a spectacular aura about72nismo has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
KA Oil pressure question ????

Can anybody tell me what my oil pressure should be at idle? Fully built KA
RPM at idle are at 750
Mobil Synthetic 5-30 oil.
My oil pressure guage shows 10 lbs at idle. Whe i step on gas pressure goes up. But is 10 lbs safe and correct?
72nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #139
hockeymikey16
BANNED

hockeymikey16 is an unknown quantity at this point
does anybody kno where the vaccum lines are supposed to b plugged or removed to?
hockeymikey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:09 PM   #140
dstlye559
Zilvia Member

dstlye559 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a little question, im wanting to run a basic turbo set up on my KA
and i was wondering do i have to run a rrfpr if im only shooting for 200hp?

also can any recommend a good bottom mount manifold?

thanks guys
dstlye559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #141
RunninMeBrokeS13
Leaky Injector

RunninMeBrokeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtx450 View Post

yup you will have problems hitting your break master cylinder and its shit. that is the ebay garbage. go with something that will last you.
RunninMeBrokeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #142
RunninMeBrokeS13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstlye559 View Post
i have a little question, im wanting to run a basic turbo set up on my KA
and i was wondering do i have to run a rrfpr if im only shooting for 200hp?

also can any recommend a good bottom mount manifold?

thanks guys

rrfpr? im not up to date.

ams offers a pretty nice bottom mount manifold. its going to cost you though.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #143
RunninMeBrokeS13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymikey16 View Post
does anybody kno where the vaccum lines are supposed to b plugged or removed to?

for what? if your doing emissions delete the only thing vacuum you need is going to be your break booster and your fuel pressure regulator. and of course any of your turbo accessories
Old 10-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #144
RunninMeBrokeS13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissritz View Post
is the the stock ka fuel pump good enough for a t25 set up? maybe 200-230hp or its a must to get the walbro 255??? Cuz i just purchased a new oem fuel pump! doah!
any kind of forced induction i would recommend getting an after market fuel pump such as the 255 its only another 100 bucks.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #145
RunninMeBrokeS13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevilZ View Post
No one is using nistune? Nistune works wonders for the z31. I will be turboing my ka with in the year and I plan to use nistune.

NIStune - Nissan Realtime ECU tuning
i run NIStune. it is the shit. i wouldnt tune with anything else, unless it where a major upgrade. NIStune is so user friendly and easy to use.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #146
RunninMeBrokeS13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0129 View Post

AdvancedJDMParts.com - Performance Parts and Accessories - NISSAN

eBay kit. wouldn't try it...
Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #147
donofdrift1990

donofdrift1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok so I need help!
I have my full ka-t setup but I need oil/coolant lines and Idk what sizes I need to get them made. I'm headed to a hydraulic shop today but how do I know what size to tap my oil pan and what thread/pitch for the turbo? Here's what I have;

T2 turbo
Bm manifold
N60 maf
330cc injectors
3in downpipe and elbow
Ebay fmic
Safc neo
Ful catback 3in exhaust
Sunpro boost/oil pressure guages

Basically I need these lines done today so I can have it done next wknd. So help!
donofdrift1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #148
Wannabe1989

Wannabe1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just did my turbo kit last month. I used a neukin mainfold (equal length) sc5557 turbo (billet wheel) custom v mount walbro 255 full exhaust synapse bov and 50mm wastgate set at 8 psi. Act clutch and flywheel. Stock injectors and stock fpr what would u guess I'm makin 230-240 whp? And when the motors cold I have to give it gas for about 5 sec and then it will idle fine but if I don't it dies on me. Anyone have similar problem?
Wannabe1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #149
Wannabe1989

Wannabe1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm runnin fmu for now until winter i'm lookin at a nistune or something similar.
Wannabe1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #150
blitzsti22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
blitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blitzsti22
is anybody using the greddy turbo kit for ka24de. im planning on buying it and just need to ask a couple questions to who ever owns one.
blitzsti22 is offline   Reply With Quote