Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-18-2018, 05:28 PM   #91
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
You know when you order things, and then totally forget about them till they arrive in the post?

Yeah that happened with me and these differential bushing kit...

I was planning to freshen up the rear, and order a 2 way so I thought that I might as well get this if I'm dropping the rear. I was looking at Serialnine bits but they changed their pricing policy to American funds while still shipping out of Canada. After speaking to a few Aussies, I was put on to a guy who mills them (for a third of the price) so I figured why the heck not!

I've booked an alignment and I still need to find the time to get the fenders rolled as I'm rubbing at the moment. I'm starting to get excited about this thing again as it's starting to come together, and the parts pile is starting to get smaller (I swear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
Dang, wheels look good. The KFD arms look good huh? I have a friend who got a front lip from them for his mark ii, said it was really nice. I think i'll grab a kit from them as well as some of the arms.

Did you install RCA's at all?
They make them in house, so I'd say they are better then the Chinese parts floating about. The welds are solid, and the bushings are of good quality. They had originally sent me the wrong rear lower control arm, and rush shipped me the proper pieces so that I could complete the install. Overall I'd give them a thumbs up.

No I'm currently running the stock setup for the RCA. I'm still researching the various things I could do and run for the front. I think I might just get a full angle kit and call it a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Loving the wheels. Where the full side shots at lol.
I'm just the worst at this HAHA!

I'm going to take proper pictures, once I can finally catch up with the things I need to do to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Once you roll them are you going to go any lower?
I'm going to go a little bit lower. I am already having a fun time driving around with the stock bumper height as is, and my kit is much lower.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2018, 12:07 PM   #92
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but KFD is rebranded Megan.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:15 PM   #93
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
You know when you order things, and then totally forget about them till they arrive in the post?

I'm going to go a little bit lower. I am already having a fun time driving around with the stock bumper height as is, and my kit is much lower.
Some info.

If you had the little fender liners(There will be holes on the inner fender lip), it's a PITA to roll without getting little dents in those areas.

Are you gonna pull the rear subframe to do the bushings? If you do, I need a favor.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:51 PM   #94
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
For their adjustable rear lower arm for the IS300 (JZX110) I'd agree and realize that. For their other arms, I don't believe that it's the case. I bought these when they first dropped and had to wait as they were still manufacturing them in house. I don't know if its the same for the S Chassis items as well.

Megan Racing currently doesn't produce rear (or front) suspension bits for my current chassis. I know that they do make engine and transmission mounts, and some other smaller bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
Some info.

If you had the little fender liners(There will be holes on the inner fender lip), it's a PITA to roll without getting little dents in those areas.

Are you gonna pull the rear subframe to do the bushings? If you do, I need a favor.
I'll have to take a look again, I believe the front is like that. The rear, not so much. I'm planning to take it to a local pro so that I can get it done right the first time around.

As to the bushings, if I get the time I plan to do it myself (with help). If I'm pressed for time, I'll just take it to a local trusted shop and have them install everything.

Let me know what you need, and I can see if I can help you out.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #95
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright so my care package from Driftmotion has arrived. I had ordered a bunch of refresh items (Cam seals, valve gasket set, exhaust gaskets, etc) and main item, the Tomei elbow...

I also have been spending time on Up Garage and YAJ (I really shouldn't) and found a HPI turbo manifold on the cheap. So cheap that I couldn't pass on it, so the email was sent to Streeter and it's on it's way!

Also had him order up a J-pipe delete kit from HPI so those two items should leave around the same time (fingers crossed). Since I'm sticking with a bottom mount setup, I'll be looking for a CT15B replacement as mine is getting rather tired, and up there in KM's. Checking to see what the turnaround time would be for rebuilding the stock one with larger steel internals (or billet).

And speaking of Streeter, the gauges have arrived as well...

I have no clue as to where I'm going to mount all of these so I'll be looking to see where other owners have placed them. I was toying with the idea of cutting into the dash, and installing them above the glove box... But Damon says otherwise HAHA!

I also managed to take this thing in for an alignment...

Good times

Now that it's sorted, I will get the fenders rolled, and lower it a bit more. Other then that, I've been driving this thing around, and enjoying it!

Old 07-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #96
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you lower it more....you're going to need another alignment...
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:16 PM   #97
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Minor update... Managed to get my fenders rolled so there's no more rubbing. I managed to blow out a fender but he repaired it without making it look like crispy bacon... Big shout out to Ontario Fender Roll for the speedy service on a long weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
If you lower it more....you're going to need another alignment...
Yeah, and I'm okay with that. I'm going to drive it around and see if I'd like to dial out some of that rear camber. In all honesty, I won't know that till I test fit that kit again.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #98
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
anything new dude?
Old 10-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #99
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
no its not. they make their stuff in Russia (although they may source some of their matl's from megan). their arms just look like rebranded megan stuff + painted that pink/purple color.

they use poly bushings for the 'soft' side of their arms while megan uses pillowball bushings (lexus/Toyota rear end stuff). the rear lowers like the same, but you can see the difference in the patterns/pickup points;furthermoree the FUCA uses the same sliding design to adjust the ball joint, but the way the hardware clamps the sliding balljoint is flipped between the two. there are also minor variances in the balljoint shape between the two.

I have their FUCA for my IS and its okay, nothing special. will eventually replace with S9.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #100
Deluxe_

Deluxe_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Man what a good thread! I went through a similar process of parts ordering when I built my 1jz 350z. Love the simplicity of it all and the vskf’s Look rad! Also super excited to see the BH sticker on the right light haha
Deluxe_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:30 AM   #101
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
im making a declaration....you have this winter to install all your parts and drift next year or else
Old 10-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #102
AreOhWhy

AreOhWhy is an unknown quantity at this point

Extremely rare clip of this being driven
AreOhWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:23 AM   #103
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
im making a declaration....you have this winter to install all your parts and drift next year or else
This x1000
Old 10-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #104
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
anything new dude?
Plenty my man... I guess I've been slacking so I got you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
no its not. they make their stuff in Russia (although they may source some of their matl's from megan). their arms just look like rebranded megan stuff + painted that pink/purple color.

they use poly bushings for the 'soft' side of their arms while megan uses pillowball bushings (lexus/Toyota rear end stuff). the rear lowers like the same, but you can see the difference in the patterns/pickup points;furthermoree the FUCA uses the same sliding design to adjust the ball joint, but the way the hardware clamps the sliding balljoint is flipped between the two. there are also minor variances in the balljoint shape between the two.

I have their FUCA for my IS and its okay, nothing special. will eventually replace with S9.
Thanks for breaking it down my man! I will eventually suck it up and go with S9 or something baller from Japan. It just bugged me when I had hit them up originally, and had to pay in American though it ships out of Canada. With the exchange rates it was a real head scratcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxe_ View Post
Man what a good thread! I went through a similar process of parts ordering when I built my 1jz 350z. Love the simplicity of it all and the vskf’s Look rad! Also super excited to see the BH sticker on the right light haha

Thanks my man! I'm starting to get excited about it myself. Ordering parts is fun, but the pile is starting to get a little overwhelming

Oh and BH ALL THE WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post

I've set myself a goal of making this thing cool, making the panic attack parts pile small, and seeing everyone at the next Final Bout.

I'mma die trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreOhWhy View Post

Extremely rare clip of this being driven

You can't be out here making it seem like this thing leaves my garage HAHA I'm totally saving this GIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
This x1000

Famous last words from me...

Old 10-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #105
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright it's time for an update...

So it's been some time and things have been arriving, and I've been searching for other items I need in order to get to my goals.

Shout out yet again to Streeter... My HPI J-Pipe delete kit, and HPI version 1 manifold arrived...

I'm rather happy with the purchases and I can almost button up the hot side of this thing... Last on the list? A damn turbo! I had one lined up, but the deal fell through unfortunately. I'm on the hunt for a CT15B replacement since I'm sticking with the bottom mount setup. Billet or Steel larger internals and I'll up the boost a bit to party.

I could do Tomei or rebuild the stock one. I'm not looking to shoot to the HP stars, so I'm still researching. I'm leaning towards having the stocker rebuild.

I also need to get a new clutch, and I'm currently speaking to Driftmotion to see what they recommend. I want to keep a street feel, so I'm not looking to purchase a heavy, chatty clutch. I want it to feel like a single stage, take weekend track abuse, and hold 400 HP.

I also ordered a few engine bay tune mods. Should look nice once everything is together. I'm also on the hunt for valve covers. I want to refinish them in my little ones favourite colours so I've been keeping an eye on YAJ and various Facebook groups I'm a part of.

It's now boost season, so we are counting down the days still it's storage time...

Come back warm weather...

Old 10-14-2018, 02:51 AM   #106
Olly
Zilvia Member

Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
Seems a rebuilt CT15B with 360* thrust kit is the go, I've been recommended that a few times lately.
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:22 PM   #107
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
Seems a rebuilt CT15B with 360* thrust kit is the go, I've been recommended that a few times lately.
Noted my man! I'm all about response and keeping things as simple as I can (and thus me sticking with a bottom mount setup).

I've got a line on something, and I might be on to quite the come up!

Old 10-28-2018, 08:44 AM   #108
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright, so it's time for a update since its cold and raining outside.

Last week was the last drift event of the season from a good group of guys running a new series in our province. The series is called Drift Jam, and it's EXACTLY what I love. Cool cars, great people, and good vibes all around.

The track is actually a go kart track and is tight and technical. It really made me envious of all of the drivers. It was a two day event, and I went up with AreOhWhy (Same one whom helps me out a TON)... He decided to dress up his car for the "spooky vibes"

There were a few out of town peeps who you all might recognize...

And people were throwing it down all day long...

Hanging out, being around great people really got me excited to get cracking on my own car. I really want to make it out to an event next year... I REALLY hope that I get to drive this track in my own car next season...

Everyone I spoke to had a blast, and I hope that the series continues to grow. This was just the added motivation I need to get things done... Hopefully the winter is mild so that when Roy (AreOhWhy) and I get cracking, I'm not totally hating life HAHA

I'm riding this excitement wave, and trying to get remaining parts lined up. I've decided on a clutch finally. I'm keeping the HP under 400 so I don't need (nor want) something aggressive. From what I was told I can get away with single plate. I'm also going to order up the rest of the gaskets I need from Driftmotion while I'm at it.

I'm still on the hunt for a rear differential... I've got time to see if I can scoop up one cheaper on YAJ before giving up and telling Streeter to get me a two way from Tomei or Kaaz.

I've also spoken to the person who I want to have paint my kit and she said she should be ready for me in the new year.... AWESOME! Having a once over on my car I'm going to have her fix up a few things on the fenders as well. While going over my car, I realized that I need new corner lights, and I'm thinking about a roof wing...

Old 10-28-2018, 09:44 PM   #109
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Why haven't you been driving the car as it is?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:02 AM   #110
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Drive the car as is and upgrade when needed. Its how you learn what the car needs ect.

Hoping to see this out at one of our events next year
Old 10-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #111
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Theres also a few zilvians on here who are selling a KAAZ
Old 10-30-2018, 07:18 PM   #112
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
I have been, and keep track of things that need attention and things that I'd like to change. After a few streeting sessions, I've noticed that there's things I'd like to address now, rather then being on the sidelines at the track because something broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Drive the car as is and upgrade when needed. Its how you learn what the car needs ect.

Hoping to see this out at one of our events next year
I'm not getting into anything crazy like angle mods. The car needs a refresh on a few things. My turbo is tired, and wouldn't play nice if I decided to drive hard. I will admit that the hot side of things kinda snowballed, but hey... I'm okay with that

My rear subframe needs some love, including the rear diff bushing so I'm going to address that as well.

Once I'm happy with having a nice "base" to start with, I believe it will in turn will last with whatever I decide to throw at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Theres also a few zilvians on here who are selling a KAAZ
I'll take a look my man, thanks for the heads up!

Old 11-21-2018, 07:33 PM   #113
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

I figured I was due for an update, so here's where I'm at...

I've been looking for a new turbo. I want to keep it CT15 as I'm sticking with a bottom mount setup. I'm not looking to push the envelope, or get silly with wanting a wack load of power. I'm not going down that rabbit hole.

Anyways, I've mentioned that I had a deal lined up with a local for a rebuilt turbo, but he ended up selling it, along with his car. After I got the funds back I've been looking for a deal, and or trying to figure out who can rebuild one for me.

We've been in this situation... you should be in bed sleeping, but you're cruising through YAJ. You're telling yourself, just a few more pages then you'll hit the sack. That's what I was telling myself till I stumbled onto this....

Nice! I told myself... after doing a little digging and terrible translating I think I came up on something rather nice, for a third of the price.

As I understand it, the seller had sold his car after attending a few events, and reverted a lot of items back to stock. He said there's 1500 Km's on this thing (I'm not fussed if theres more really). He hit 380HP at one bar (14PSI) with a similar setup to what I'm planning to run. He had a few other items listed, but this one was the one I had to have...

So I hit up Streeter, and kept my fingers crossed that I wouldn't be out bid. Turns out, that luck was on my side and I scored this for an AMAZING deal! I'm still super happy and feel rather lucky.

Since it's a used turbo, I needed lines, hoses, and gaskets... Quick stop on eBay and...

Now that the hot side is sorted, I need to further into a clutch. After doing some further research, I think I'm going to spend the added dollars, get something Japanese (OS Giken or ORC). I still want a single, and from what I've read it should be enough for my setup and plans on driving this thing.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:29 PM   #114
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright so I've got more updates...

A rather heavy care package arrived from Streeter...

It would have arrived sooner, but there was a postal strike in Canada and it's delayed EVERYTHING! Thank God I completed my holiday shopping early.

Everything looks great, and in all honesty, it looks barely used.

So now the hot side of things is complete!

With the added power I'm looking to upgrade the clutch. I was looking at a few options... Something from Driftmotion (Action)... After really thinking about it I decided to spec something out from a Japanese brand. I was looking at the ORC 409D (and 559D if I could swing it price wise). I also had the OS Giken TR-2CD on the list. I was advised to look at a twin disc for more "future proofing" but I think that would be kinda overkill for the power levels I'm planning to run.

And as you'd have it, like usual... I'm on Up Garage when I should be fast asleep and...

Found this Exedy Hyper single... It's new, and $600 less then what it usually is priced out for... I had to act fast, and luckily I did as there was another one that was snapped up in the wait time that was a bit less (new but no box). Streeter again is the plug, and it should arrive in 6-8 weeks...

Oh and so that this isn't just a parts that are arriving post, I installed this...

I've got some ideas for some exterior bits I'd like to pick up and have painted while having the kit painted so I'm going to check what the quality and availability is looking on them...

I won't be able to really get cracking on this thing till the new year as it's the holiday season, and I'm heading to NYC for new years. That being said, I've got help and the drive so lets see how far I can take this before I want to light it all up in flames

Old 12-18-2018, 07:56 AM   #115
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hope that clutch works for you. Honestly a twin disc clutch usually has a lighter pedal than a single disc that holds the same power. But I digress.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:12 PM   #116
Olly
Zilvia Member

Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
Can't wait to see how that turbo works out.
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:01 PM   #117
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hope that clutch works for you. Honestly a twin disc clutch usually has a lighter pedal than a single disc that holds the same power. But I digress.
Thanks! Same here... I never ran a Exedy clutch, but I have heard great things so fingers crossed. I hope the feel doesn't change much to what's installed currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
Can't wait to see how that turbo works out.
Same here! Turn up the boost and make a bit more jelly. I've read that the boost controller kit for the Power FC is a bit meh, but I need to speak to the tuner more about it. Worst case, I'll just have to get something else to manage boost settings.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:15 AM   #118
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Exedy Hyper single is a great clutch. Have one on my 1jz VVTi and R154 with similar turbo and upgraded valve springs and it holds well, smooth engagement, and no sore leg
Old 01-19-2019, 08:41 AM   #119
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13project View Post
Exedy Hyper single is a great clutch. Have one on my 1jz VVTi and R154 with similar turbo and upgraded valve springs and it holds well, smooth engagement, and no sore leg
This is what I'm talking about! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with it.

That being said, lets catch up a bit while the snow is falling outside.

The new clutch arrived, and...

BRAND NEW for the LOW!

Man I'm hyped about it. I always tell people that there's still deals to be had on Up Garage or YAJ.

Also big shout out to Jesse for the quick turnaround. I was able to snap it up before anyone else could get on it.

And while I'm at it, I'm planning to pick up some added bits for the install. New flywheel bolts, clutch release bearing, and clutch release hub. I've got a line in over at Driftmotion, but I'm waiting a little bit since the exchange rate is meh, and I just got back from NYC for New Years vacation.

Since I'm making a big push to get this thing out there for the upcoming season, I've been asking people for help, advice, and any leads to get things done. It's actually been working out quite well to be honest. I have a new person who can get my kit painted thanks to my man Mike (cool S15, Check him at FBG). So that means once the weather gets a bit nicer outside, AreOhWhy (when he finds the time) can get to trimming and fitting this thing!

I also want to style up the exterior a bit so I'm pricing out a few fun bits. I'll just have to suck up the terrible exchange costs to having something cool Once I get those quotes back, I'm most likely going to go a head with it and have them here in time for test fitting things, and taking a look at if the image I have in my mind can happen...

I'm getting super excited people!

Old 11-29-2019, 03:13 PM   #120
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Alright, so an update is LONG overdue... once I have some time to sit down and really get into things...

I’m the spring, I decided to stop being lazy and get my things in order. Made the parts pile a little smaller...