Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Let's Discuss [Miatas]

First, the R&G's.

- Be open minded.

- Be mindful of other's opinions.

- If you don't agree, do so peacefully. A well worded retort shining light on their logical fallacies is a stronger point to argue than "yuR so ghey!"

- TRY to have your response elicit more discussions and not an 'end-all' comment.

The subject is Miata.

Why does everyone hate on them? Its always, and I mean ALWAYS, boggled my mind the sheer amount of hate that they seem to draw.

I, for one, love those cars. Light-weight, rear-wheel driven, and convertible - what more could you ask for?

SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have owned two, loved the cars.
BarrigaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
so the 2006 thread was closed then and we are doing this all over again? Mitatas are fine. Driven all of them, including a monster miata.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Djtyfightr
Leaky Injector

Djtyfightr is an unknown quantity at this point
i like em
Djtyfightr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Put a supercharger in them and call it a day.... But love it.... Just hate the non-racers that drive them. I have driven on the track with some racing miatas and it boggles me how fast they are.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
so the 2006 thread was closed then and we are doing this all over again? Mitatas are fine. Driven all of them, including a monster miata.
The thread by Mike was dated and closed because of its resurrection. This is a new thread discussing the hate/love for these cars. I felt that there was still a healthy exchange of banter going on, and I am curious why people are so damn quick to judge.

Nothing but love here. I think most the hate is bandwagoneers joining the game late.

Modification only, 240s win hands down. There is a sea of parts/options to choose from to really make your car stand out/snow plow. Miata owners are severely limited in choices and there is a shallow market for them.

Taking your average/most common owners of both classes though, I feel Miatas still are a step ahead. Every car I've noticed on Miata.net and CR are, on the exterior, stock as hell. You'll catch guys with lips more often now, but comparing to the 240 herd of sheep, its no contest.

240 owners are the cheapest shits on the planet, and their cars show for it. Mismatched parts, shitty paint, missing body panels, really Frankenstein'd to shit. But their rationalizing of doing so is 'because driftcar.'
Old 01-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I'm indifferent to them
I understand rationally why people race them: cheap and responsive chassis
however they don't inspire any passion in me to own or modify one
lots of irrational things I'd throw money at but Miatas aren't on the list
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
sw20g
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
sw20g is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
just got my first miata after 2 s13's, 2 fc's, and a turbo mr2... the miata is my favorite, they don't look as good as the others nor are they as fast

but for some reason I like it the most followed closely by fc's

though I was very skeptical about it before pulling the trigger
sw20g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
I been eyeing one for a year now dude wants $1800 for a orange 91 manual with black new ragtop.. Just has a ass ton of miles!
Highway Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
1sickS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
1sickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I would actually like to get one as a dd. My friend has one and they are a blast to drive. You can also make them fast as shit with an engine swap.
1sickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Miata's are not bad. There's only one I'd actually like to get my hands on...

Old 01-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Miata's are not bad. There's only one I'd actually like to get my hands on...

Too bad hatchback ones are insanely RARE !

K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
i always thought they were good little cars and looked fun to drive around and seemed easy to work on/make look cool. never thought i'd own one, but it just made too much sense for a dd. they're compact and easy to park in small spots, reliable, cheap, usually not too molested, fun to drive, and they aren't such a huge target for being stolen.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #14
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
They're cool little cars, I wouldn't mind as a daily/auto-x car.

Love seeing miatas that are still being built to perform.

Its a shame so many are built to hard park nowadays.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #15
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
NVMD on pic I posted earlier...

This ! is real hatchback model.. Very very nice...

K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
so they actually did produce and sell the hatchbacks!?

A couple months ago, i told my 18yo cousin to get one, and he did.. My first time driving one and i thought it was really fun, especially without power steering. It convinced me to go without p/s in my car. Sadly he sold it a few months later and i think he was just influenced to sell it by all the lil punks around him saying its a girls car.. and I think now he wishes he still had it.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #17
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i almost bought one for $1200 that was in great condition but i just cant see myself driving one around. not bad looking cars, im just too manly for them.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #18
SochBAT
Post Whore!

There's an '00 in Black a few hours from me going for $5k. Only 90K on the motor, and everything's immaculate as shit. I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on this one.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Considering trading for the turbo one in the classifieds right now. '04 turbo swap, hardtop, ohlins coilovers, for my RB25 hatch? It would be my first miata, I've always thought about getting one.
KendallH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
weshole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
weshole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Had one. Loved it. It wasn't too small, I WAS TOO F"IN BIG so I traded for my S13.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #21
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Get it! Seriously, fuck passengers. There's only room for one more, and its nice to let it be known that they're YOUR bitch.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #22
sil80owner
Zilvia Junkie

sil80owner is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought my first miata 93k original miles for 900.00 best deal thus far. I've owned countless 240's thought i really needed to try something else. The miata feels like a go-cart i love it.
sil80owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #23
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
i like them personally, but i do not like convertibles
Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #24
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
i like them personally, but i do not like convertibles
i hate convertibles as well. a hardtop was on the top of my to-do list when i first got my miata. i've never ridden in it with the top down haha
Old 01-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #25
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I do not really care for them too much... Just do not like convertables. Those hatch backs look nice though.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #26
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Anyone ever do a custom miata with a speedster windshield?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #27
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
i hate convertibles as well. a hardtop was on the top of my to-do list when i first got my miata. i've never ridden in it with the top down haha
yeah i have a buddy with one, i dont think ive ever seen it without the hard top.

theyre sick little cars though for sure
Old 01-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #28
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
so they actually did produce and sell the hatchbacks!?

Only in Japan. Very rare and I doubt it's easy to import.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #29
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Miatas are definitely fun to drive, but I could not take myself seriously when I had a chance to ride in/drive one.
They have the 'small car' appearance, meaning they look like a caricature of a car. In reality S13's and S14's are not much bigger, but they have great proportions so they look like a 'normal' size car.
It is not a bad thing, it just all comes down to one's personal priorities.

P.S.
Are Miatas prone to rolling over? It seems that a lot of people end up flipping them.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #30
rcdad123
Zilvia Addict

rcdad123 is an unknown quantity at this point
trying to get one right now. i figured it`s already an excellent car to go auto x with. it would take a few more mods to my 89 hatch to make it handle like a miata, so why not just get a miata. plus i`m pretty sure they have better gas mileage than my stock 89 hatch.
rcdad123 is offline   Reply With Quote