Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
Sileighty_DRFT89
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Sileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
car won't start... help please!!!

last night I parked my car out in the street. but then realized I'll back it into the driveway. so I go back to start my car and nothing. not even a click from the starter. I have power to the windows and lights still. but nothing to the starter. did I blow a fuse?? electrical isn't really my strong point. But I don't want to take it to a shop to get fixed cause this has happened before when I tried to install HID's, then I had no power to anything when that happened. It's kinda wierd that this also happened after I installed strobelights. both lighting systems are ran straight to the battery but the car has been running fine since I installed them three days ago. if anyone has suggestions of where I should start to fix this I would greatly appreciate it. cause with this issue I really need help. thanks
Sileighty_DRFT89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
i know sounds stupid check battery voltage..if you can try checking the voltage drop from that battery as you start the car i know it wont start but its worth a try i would also check your alternator fuse its the 75 amp grey fuse in the fuse box near the battery friend of mine blow that fuse and nothing worked in the car try that hope this helps
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Sileighty_DRFT89
Zilvia Addict

Sileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfection
turned out to be the fuse that controls the starter I guess. everytime I turn my strobelights on it keeps blowing it. idk why :hammer:
Old 06-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
dino6192
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
could be from bad wiring on those stobes and its blowing that fuse. try and hook those up somewhere else.glad to hear you found the problem though!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #5
Chue240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Chue240sx is making a name for him/her selfChue240sx is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
mine does the same thing too, where is the starter fuse at.
Chue240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:19 AM   #6
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
pull out your volt meter and fuckn check your battery terminals. that should do it. if you have 10 volts or lower you cant start that starter.

you can run a jumper cable from a fully charge battery to your starter see if it starts.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:19 AM   #7
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_DRFT89 View Post
turned out to be the fuse that controls the starter I guess. everytime I turn my strobelights on it keeps blowing it. idk why :hammer:

check the amps draw of your strobe light. or you could have a short somewhere.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #8
Sileighty_DRFT89
Zilvia Addict

new problems... the car was starting. but once you turn it off and try again. nothing. the only way to start it is to switch the headlight fuse with the starter fuse. even though they are both 15 amp fuses. (wierd I know, but its the only way to get it started) does anyone know how I could fix this problem?? larger starter fuse maybe?? I really don't want to have to do that procedure everytime I need to start it lol