Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Australia/New Zealand

Old 03-05-2016, 10:51 PM   #1
KOUKINZ

Trader Rating: (0)
KOUKINZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wanting to widebody my s14 kouki! Opinions and tips needed !

Okay so first off i bought some new wheels a couple months ago which are 9.0 on the front and 9.5 on the back and ive now decided i want to go widebody but dont want to spend another couple thousand on wheels 😂😂

So im going to list my plan of attack and if you see anything wrong or have some sort of advice please write away!!

So im looking at these 50mm front and rear fenders that i want to buy because ya know wider the better so basically the front ones simply replace the existing fenders which mean all i should need are some spacers right?

Now for the back what i can see and understand is im going to have to cut my rear arches so that i get clearance for my tires my plan is to cut slits and then bend them inwards, ive seen threads about this and im assuming its so that if i hit a pothole it wont slice my tire to bits. Then i just slap on therear widebody pannel and use spacers untill i get enough money for bigger wheels!

The thing is im gonna have to use huge spacers :/ like 40-50mm so i dont really like the thought of that! And yes i know i will need longer wheel nuts aswell

Any advice or am i going about this whole thing wrong? Thanks in advance
KOUKINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My advice would be to stay stock body for now. Unless you really need widebody, stock metal is typically cleaner looking. I have overfenders on the rear and I really wish I had OEM metal instead.
zwzweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:59 PM   #3
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwzweston View Post
My advice would be to stay stock body for now. Unless you really need widebody, stock metal is typically cleaner looking. I have overfenders on the rear and I really wish I had OEM metal instead.
second that oem fender statement.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:25 AM   #4
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Stock body for sure.....

BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #5
RPS13-604
Zilvia Junkie

RPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really niceRPS13-604 is just really nice
if your going to widebody go metal not frp. Expensive but no ragrats :P
RPS13-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:12 AM   #6
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13-604 View Post
if your going to widebody go metal not frp. Expensive but no ragrats :P
A pic of yours done in metal ? Please?
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #7
relaxamigo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
relaxamigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I fit a 10.5 in the front of my car on stock metal. You're also underestimating the amount of work it will take to PROPERLY do your overfenders in the rear. You not only need to cut an arch in the metal, but you need to cut the slits, hammer them in, weld them in, weld the gaps left between the slits, and them seal everything. If not done properly, you'll introduce a ton of water into your chassis and it will rust from the inside out, not to mention it will smell like ass.

Keep your car stock if your rear quarters aren't totally fubared, no reason to cut up a car just to fit wheels that can be easily done with a mild roll and a little camber.
relaxamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:40 PM   #8
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Get the wheels before going wide, or you'll look like a sunk ricer
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote