Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:50 AM   #1
asianleful
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
asianleful is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
LS6 Swapped S13

It runs perfectly fine once it's running.

Brand new WS Pro harness, alternator is good, just changed the starter relay under the passenger side fender too.

Problem: Car will sometimes cut off all electrical power when you go from accessory to the start position. Then I have to go take off the negative battery terminal to "reset" the car and try again.

Battery is a new and tested optima yellowtop mounted in the trunk with 0 gauge to a distribution block, I've added 2 more grounds from block to chassis, I've sanded down the mating surface between starter and block.

Chassis electrics are all original aside from radio and an aftermarket alarm. I've already tried bypassing the starter inhibitor on the alarm too. Also have tried cutting off the negative terminal and cutting it back to get to fresh wire and remounted the terminal onto the cable.

Any ideas?
asianleful is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #2
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Probably your ignition tumbler
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #3
asianleful
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Probably your ignition tumbler
That's brand new as well...
Old 10-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #4
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I see.
Have you reached to Yuri at Wiring Specialties?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:36 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianleful View Post
It runs perfectly fine once it's running.

Brand new WS Pro harness, alternator is good, just changed the starter relay under the passenger side fender too.

Problem: Car will sometimes cut off all electrical power when you go from accessory to the start position. Then I have to go take off the negative battery terminal to "reset" the car and try again.

Battery is a new and tested optima yellowtop mounted in the trunk with 0 gauge to a distribution block, I've added 2 more grounds from block to chassis, I've sanded down the mating surface between starter and block.

Chassis electrics are all original aside from radio and an aftermarket alarm. I've already tried bypassing the starter inhibitor on the alarm too. Also have tried cutting off the negative terminal and cutting it back to get to fresh wire and remounted the terminal onto the cable.

Any ideas?
Do you mean ignition position to starter, or accessory to ignition. there are 3 positions:
1 accy
2 ign on
3 start(crank)

if you are talking about 2 to 3 then I've seen that 100 times and its 99.9/100 the battery cables
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:16 PM   #6
asianleful
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Do you mean ignition position to starter, or accessory to ignition. there are 3 positions:
1 accy
2 ign on
3 start(crank)

if you are talking about 2 to 3 then I've seen that 100 times and its 99.9/100 the battery cables
Yeah, 2 to 3. What's wrong with them though?