Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
dmk477

Trader Rating: (1)
dmk477 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No power to ecu (S13 red top in s14 zenki)

Need a little help here, I have a s14 with s13 sr. Just installed t28, manifold, z32 maf, injectors, fuel pump and rsenthalpy tuned ecu. I installed the fuel pump, started the car and it ran normal. I installed the rest and plugged in the ecu and the car just cranks but will not run. After messing around a while I found that the fuel pump was not priming, after jumping the relay connector the pump primed, but the engine would still not start. I played around a bit more and thought the ecu was fried, but after putting a test light to the ecu connector I found that not one pin had power. Any ideas as to where to go next? I was thinking ign switch but I have power to the fuse boxes with the key on. I have swapped almost every relay around, but no luck.

Last edited by dmk477; 09-20-2018 at 06:49 PM..
dmk477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Hmm S13 in an S14 is tricky because of the ECCS relay involved. It sounds like maybe your little blue relay isn't connected right. Just a guess.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #3
dmk477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Hmm S13 in an S14 is tricky because of the ECCS relay involved. It sounds like maybe your little blue relay isn't connected right. Just a guess.
Talking about the one mounted next to the ecu?
Old 09-20-2018, 07:15 PM   #4
dmk477

Also, the car ran great until I got into all of this, on stock ecu, turbo, injectors etc
Old 09-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
It sounds like a fuse if it was fine before with 1 computer then you plugged in the next and it popped because something shorted out. maybe the comptuer is bad and is shorting a fuse or melted a relay, or maybe when you plugged the harness/maf/injectors in something happened. The injectors for example run 12v even with the ignition off in most cars. The maf Z32 has some funny grounding situation iirc that can be mixed up. wiring....
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #6
dmk477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
It sounds like a fuse if it was fine before with 1 computer then you plugged in the next and it popped because something shorted out. maybe the comptuer is bad and is shorting a fuse or melted a relay, or maybe when you plugged the harness/maf/injectors in something happened. The injectors for example run 12v even with the ignition off in most cars. The maf Z32 has some funny grounding situation iirc that can be mixed up. wiring....
Turns out the previous owner did a terrible job wiring this swap. There was a short in the harness that blew 2 of my ecu’s, luckily I had a third and was able to swap my tuned chip over to it with a little soldering and patience. Thanks for the input though!