Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-16-2017, 11:56 PM   #1
Mudweiser

Trader Rating: (3)
Mudweiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hot right foot. S14 Lhd

Hey all. Any interest in a fairly cheap and effective way to keep both feet comfortable while driving your s14 with the heat on your feet? I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I have seen it mentioned in the "you know you own a 240" thread some where. Anyway I can do a quick write up with pics and the info if anyone would like it.
Mudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2017, 12:28 AM   #2
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
oem sound deadening installed, oem carpet, oem heatshields, shouldn't have a problem.
Or do a JZ swap.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:01 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Try owning an s13, its worse.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:21 AM   #4
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Try owning an s13, its worse.
its the same shit

these cars have the same floorpan, practically
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #5
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Lizard skin, they make a heat and a noise spray on deal
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:50 AM   #6
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
blkvrtswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I think OP means the HEATER hits his foot.
blkvrtswp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #7
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkvrtswp View Post
No, OP means the damn downpipe sits right underneath your foot and makes it uncomfortable after any extended period of time. I drove from Texas to SoCal with a towel under my foot that I stole from the hotel.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:33 PM   #8
travon47
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
oem sound deadening installed, oem carpet, oem heatshields, shouldn't have a problem.
This, or Thermo-Tec Thermo-Guard or their Cool-It Mat.
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #9
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Wrapping the downpipe in fiberglass exhaust wrap helps a lot imo. I have also lined my firewall, trans tunnel and surrounding area in that gold heat tape, but that can get expensive. I also kept some of the factory heat shields.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #10
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
i am suprised no one has suggested removing the heat source: the catalytic

ditch that and your problem is solved, assuming smog is not an issue!!! :P
Old 03-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #11
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkvrtswp View Post
I think this guy is right after re-reading the post
OP??
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:27 AM   #12
Mudweiser

Mudweiser is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah sorry, I should have been more clear. I was talking about when you have your heater on all the floor vents blow right on your right foot so it gets really hot. Mean while your left foot remains cold. Might not be a big deal for most, but in my daily during the winter its kind of annoying.
Mudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:46 AM   #13
ixfxi
Post Whore!

its a 240sx

there is only 1 vent

buy a lexus or infiniti
Old 03-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #14
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I drove one as a daily for 9 years. Either don't use the vent and wear thicker socks, or live with it.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:17 AM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

or you can make an air deflector... just use your fuckin head and be creative