Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #1
veprk

Trader Rating: (0)
veprk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A/c problem. power at fuse box but not blower motor

Getting power to both fuses in fuse box in driver side kick panel. No power at blower motor. Doesnt work on high so not resistor I dont think. A/c climate control unit lights up and seems to be working but not sure how to check it. Put 12v to blower motor and its fine. Any idea's or tips and tricks. Got the dash out for crack repair and figured now is a good time to get it figured out before I put everything back together.
veprk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #2
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by veprk View Post
Getting power to both fuses in fuse box in driver side kick panel. No power at blower motor. Doesnt work on high so not resistor I dont think. A/c climate control unit lights up and seems to be working but not sure how to check it. Put 12v to blower motor and its fine. Any idea's or tips and tricks. Got the dash out for crack repair and figured now is a good time to get it figured out before I put everything back together.

If there is no power to the motor, check wiring from fuse box to control unit... if power is good there, check wire from control unit to motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #3
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Little climate control box could be burnt out and still light up fine too. Open it up and see what’s suspicious.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
DEF1ANT

Trader Rating: (0)
DEF1ANT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 S14 ac blower motor

if you can get the blower motor out try cleaning it out try to move the magnets a bit closer like tightening the then on the shaft relube with some barber clipper machine oil center it all put it back together just try not to tighten the cover screws that cover the back of the motor cause putting too much pressure wont allow it to spin at least that was my case what happens is the shaft becomes tilted therefore it gets stuck wont spin oh btw be careful when removing the cylindrical fan its very brittle and you can easily snap some plastic off of it hopefully this works out for you 😁
DEF1ANT is offline   Reply With Quote