Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #1
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Drift Flushing Meadows?

I know street drifting is kind of a touchy subject, so I'm not going to instigate anything serious, but who drifted at Flushing Meadows in Queens back in the day? Do people still hit that spot? I'm from PA and don't plan on going anywhere, however the subject amazes me. Back when I used to slide the streets I would get caught at the wrong place all the time, often by myself, in the middle of nowhere. The fact that people would gather by the masses and drift in the nations biggest city astounds me.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2016, 09:44 AM   #2
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
Haven't seen anyone out there in a while but I used to frequent that spot. It was cool tho, before it got locked down. I'm sure if it hasn't started again it can now (enough time has passed since it was being monitored). Keep locations on rotation.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #3
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlavaflow View Post
Haven't seen anyone out there in a while but I used to frequent that spot. It was cool tho, before it got locked down. I'm sure if it hasn't started again it can now (enough time has passed since it was being monitored). Keep locations on rotation.
Good response. Did they ever start blocking off the entrance at night? From what I've read thats how they stopped it.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:47 PM   #4
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Good response. Did they ever start blocking off the entrance at night? From what I've read thats how they stopped it.
5-10 mins and rotate how we usually never get caught, when we DID street drift>>>>>
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:15 AM   #5
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
5-10 mins and rotate how we usually never get caught, when we DID street drift>>>>>
That doesn't sound right. From what I know, people would be posted up at Flushing for hours at a time.

When I used to frequent the streets I always hit and quit, that's why this topic interests me. I think Chicago had a pretty big underground following around the same time. I'd be down to just go spectate if something like that ever grew around me. It could also have been a result of what I'll call drifting's honeymoon phase in the states.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:18 AM   #6
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It was more of a general statement the times of hour long spots are long gone..
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #7
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
It was more of a general statement the times of hour long spots are long gone..
I wouldn't be so sure. Here in philly there are street races on the same industrial block like twice every warm weekend. They get busted but they still happen for hours, and have been for yeeeears. Drifting has about the same volume level, considering burnouts, and half the time people are racing straight piped banshees there.