Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-24-2005, 10:34 PM   #1
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SUPER HICAS for drifting????

OK, i searched and didnt find any satisfying answers, i want an answer from someone who has ACUTALLY drifted with SUPER HICAS in an S13, not someone whose friends, mothers, dog, told them their friend did it.

I want to know if it is actually harder/easier and if different, how.

If it sucks instead of getting the eleminter bar i will just get the little canceler cuputer unit, that way i can keep it on the street.

Thanks.
TUnity2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Why HICAS sucks.

Don't bother trying to keep the HICAS. It makes it too unstable at high speeds.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:30 PM   #3
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
i've never drifted a hicas s13, but my friend's mother's dog owner's babysitter's exboyfriend... oh wait... nvm you didn't want that

nevermind...

Some zilvians have HICAS on their cars but from what I remember, most AutoX
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:46 AM   #4
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Hicas does suck IMO, what reason do you not want to place the hicas eliminator kit in? If the mangled word you were attempting to say was cumputer canceler, I personaly haven't heard of one. But I would fear of unstability being as how the acutators and bushings are still there.
For auto x hicas isn't going to be a great set back but an aid. Althogh some feel it makes the steering feel artificial and you get less feedback but that depends on the driver. As for drifting it's a setback. Harder to lose traction and kills stabiliy. But I did hear from my best friends friend who knows this woman who said it was easy to drift with hicas...
Old 11-25-2005, 09:59 AM   #5
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN
Why HICAS sucks.

Don't bother trying to keep the HICAS. It makes it too unstable at high speeds.
You have driven on Hicas and know this?

Oh, and this is the SUPER HICAS controller:
http://www.grid.co.jp/en/prod/prod7.htm
[IMG]www.grid.co.jp/ sum/sw_hc.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-25-2005, 11:41 AM   #6
genetic
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
genetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i think its just a little harder. oh yeah i drive one.

genetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 12:53 PM   #7
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Negatives about Hicas cars. Heavier overall, the Hicas setup adds a good 70-100lbs . Hicas does not kick in till your going 50 mph or more. I have owned and driven several Super Hicas cars. Low speed drifts are fine. High speed? Its going to fight you. Other negative about Hicas is you cannot install aftermarket traction rod due to the design of the lower control arm for the hicas.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 05:30 PM   #8
genetic
Zilvia Member

genetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura about
yeah, thats true.

but feels the same to me. oh well its a car.
genetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:32 PM   #9
boosteds13
Zilvia Addict

boosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
Hicas does not kick in till your going 50 mph or more. I have owned and driven several Super Hicas cars.
Really? I always thought it only worked between 30-50mph. I've never drifted my car so I cannot say...

boosteds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #10
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
man... one of our older members is an autox'r up in canada and he liked it. Halo i think, no?

bottomline is you got it on your car; so you might as well try it out before you decide to waste some $$$ getting rid of it.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 06:45 PM   #11
caall99
Zilvia Member

caall99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to caall99
0-15 mph: wheels turn opposite to fronts, aiding turning circle
15-55 mph: hicas does nothing
55+ mph: wheels turn with fronts, for stable highway lane changing

atleast thats what i think happens

on the highway hicas is amazing. u need very little input to the steering wheel to drive through a long sweeping bend. and it almost feels like the car rolls less. might not be true but it feels like its more planted. i enjoy it.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:50 PM   #12
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
ive never driven on or been in one that has hicas so i wouldnt know.
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 08:10 PM   #13
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.grid.co.jp/en/prod/prod7.htm

Well I found a HICAS controller, that way i dont have to eliminate it, i can just turn it OFF when I'm drifting and ON for AutoX and daily driving. Not a bad investment for only $157.13
Old 11-27-2005, 03:22 AM   #14
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by caall99
0-15 mph: wheels turn opposite to fronts, aiding turning circle
15-55 mph: hicas does nothing
55+ mph: wheels turn with fronts, for stable highway lane changing

atleast thats what i think happens

on the highway hicas is amazing. u need very little input to the steering wheel to drive through a long sweeping bend. and it almost feels like the car rolls less. might not be true but it feels like its more planted. i enjoy it.
you are correct except for the 0-15 part. It only does that on Hondas 4 wheel steering system and G.M.'s current 4 wheel steering system on their trucks. The Nissan 4 wheel steering system aka Super Hicas does not assist at low speed or extremely low speed i.e. in parking conditions.
The reason your turning circle is tighter is because the ratio on your front steering rack in a super hicas is a closer ratio than the the racks that come in other 240's 13:1 Hicas cars vs 17:1 non hicas cars.

none the less as far as Hicas working at higher speeds go I prefer non hicas cars. Though I do love Hicas cars front steering racks.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #15
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
hicas blows for the rear

hicas steering rack for the front is cool, like 2-3 turns to full lock, no bus driving style

the stupid rear hicas rack (like drift freaq said) is HEAVY, you could use that to knock an elephant over

i disabled mine with the kazama lock bar a year or two back, works fine, if i had more time back then i would've swapped over to a whole new (used) rear subframe, much less headache and you can use rear toe links. as for drifting with it, cant tell you, only drifted on it after swapped.

SPL has some cool contraptions to cancel hicas and use aftermarket toe rods, check it out. only thing is kinda pricey, if you dont mind the hassle you could just buy a used subframe and swap over.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:04 PM   #16
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
13:1 Hicas cars vs 17:1 non hicas cars..
Close. 14.9:1 for Hicas.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:57 PM   #17
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

well the HICAS feels awsome on the interstae, changing lanes and taking sweeping corners is awsome. But i dont get the HICAS light, it came on and stayed on the entire time i was driving, even when i stopped. then i stopped and turned teh car off, and when i got back in and started driving it didnt turn on again, whats the deal with the light? whens it supposed to turn on?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:36 AM   #18
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUnity2
well the HICAS feels awsome on the interstae, changing lanes and taking sweeping corners is awsome. But i dont get the HICAS light, it came on and stayed on the entire time i was driving, even when i stopped. then i stopped and turned teh car off, and when i got back in and started driving it didnt turn on again, whats the deal with the light? whens it supposed to turn on?
your hicas light comes on when the system is not working properly. Usually this is caused by low power steering fluid due to a system leak. Its also common for Hicas cars to have a system leak, cause there are more hoses and lines to crack or leak.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-28-2005, 01:52 AM   #19
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon
Close. 14.9:1 for Hicas.
actually I believe its closer to 13.7:1 . I am going to check on your 14.9 :1 because I have never heard that before.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-28-2005, 11:51 AM   #20
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

OK so Hicas light= BAD, ill check my fluid level, thanks.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #21
44downlow

44downlow is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello. I have a 91 240sx with Super Hicas (no abs). I love the system. Never had any problems. The additions of metal bushing front tension rods the car handles like a dream. Only time I have ever felt "loose" is over 180km/h and that was before I installed the tension rods, now it's amazing. Very little steering effort is needed. I have tons of steering feedback and road feel. Feels good in rain/snow even. Actually for a rear wheel drive car it is really good in the snow. I was unaware of the limitation with the rear traction rod. I thought it could be replaced but just not with metal bushings, must use poly or rubber. I personally find Hicas more valuable than not, but if I were to drift the car I would probably take it out. It works better when the wheels are planted on the road.

My 2 cents.
44downlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #22
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
And you revived a three year old thread to tell us that?

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:00 AM   #23
SpuGen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SpuGen is making a name for him/her selfSpuGen is making a name for him/her selfSpuGen is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn it Canada.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:17 AM   #24
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
for drifting it sucks for autox its ok for drag racing it sucks, fr parralell parking its awsome. i removed from my s13 after 1 drift day the car kept over steering and sending me towards the walls
Old 10-15-2008, 11:06 AM   #25
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Damn it Canada.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #26
TPS240sxS13
Zilvia Member

TPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruinTPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruin
I own a 93 Super HICAS and I find that its easyer to get the car sideways in a drift, but much harder to keep the car sideways. I mean i'm not the best drifter out there an di am still learning, but thats what I see. As for a HICAS lock I found this one and i am planing on using it. If you have used it before, please let me know your thoughts on it.

TOMEI Hicas Lock II Nissan Mechanical & Electrical
TPS240sxS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #27
JVDSKYRINE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
JVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Damn it Canada.
Hey some of us upgraded from horses and riding polar bears and snow mobiles and for that we deserve to be on this site. Seriously though this thread was in hibernation you should do the same with yourself.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #28
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
for drifting it sucks for autox its ok for drag racing it sucks, fr parralell parking its awsome. i removed from my s13 after 1 drift day the car kept over steering and sending me towards the walls
Ok first off this an ancient thread. Second off the only thing that is helping you in your parallel parking is the quicker ratio front rack. Hicas on our cars only works above 50 mph. Its not Honda/Acura 4 wheel steering which actually works at low not high speed.

P.S. if you have bothered to read the thread this was covered as well.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #29
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
God dammit! Why do you people revive 3 year old damn threads? I didn't notice and took the time to write an actual response and now I have to edit it because it is useless. YOU SUCK!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:06 PM   #30
Videlicet

Videlicet is making his/her stupidity well-knownVidelicet is making his/her stupidity well-knownVidelicet is making his/her stupidity well-knownVidelicet is making his/her stupidity well-known
kicking the ashes

Damn this is an ancient thread. Still useful to me though.
Videlicet is offline   Reply With Quote