Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Wheel / Tire

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #31
teh smithers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
teh smithers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowitsaboy View Post
possibly because the "real thing" isn't readily available: meaning one has to spend weeks searching forums, with no guarantee that the wheels are still for sale when you eventually do find a thread selling them. or the more likely scenario: when a set does become available you're financially unable to buy them. these knock offs solve both those problems. so that people can build their car to look the way they want it to.
While I understand that argument, I'm willing to be patient while I search for wheels. It's not like searching the forums is hard work. At the end of the day, some people are willing to settle for knockoffs, and I'm not one of them.

I'm going to avoid discussing the sticky subject of personal finance.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #32
wowitsaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her selfwowitsaboy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wowitsaboy
As far as finance: the wheels themselves arn't very expensive. BUT some people just don't have 1500 - 2000 of disposable income just laying around just incase the wheels they want go on sale. "Life" gets in the way of the build more often than not. The availability of these wheels let's people save/budget with a 100% guarantee that they will achieve the look they want when they are ready. It's more of a convenience issue than a financial one. I'm all for quality parts, my stance is: if "legit" is still in production then buy legit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 07:10 PM   #33
eclipse_spyder
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
eclipse_spyder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why are there so many whiny people in here? This thread meant for pre-order, not bashing. If you don't have any interest in these wheels then what's the point of posting? Go to real wheel sites if that's what you only buy....I'm definitely looking out when the 17's comes available.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #34
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
I have to agree with the overwhelming majority here, those are quite sacrilegious.

and I find it funny how the vendor only quotes the one or two positive comments in the thread and acts like the 20+ other ones dont exist lawls
Old 06-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #35
G240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
G240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
I have to agree with the overwhelming majority here, those are quite sacrilegious.

and I find it funny how the vendor only quotes the one or two positive comments in the thread and acts like the 20+ other ones dont exist lawls
You obviously have no concept of business and marketing. Silly guy.

With that said lets all keep our opinions to ourselves and stop pissing on the this vendors thread shall we.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #36
wh1tecoop
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wh1tecoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thank you guys. Jesus I can't believe how stupid this shit has gotten. Buy the wheels or GTFO!!! Easy.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #37
Dagostino480
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Dagostino480 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I don't get why people don't like them haha they look pretty cool. I have had a couple set of the es7 that have been beaten to shit on the track and are still running strong and were cheap. The people that hate on them are people who have never owned them and just read that they cracked because one of there hellaflush friends hit a pothole while driving fast on low pro 40 series tires.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:38 AM   #38
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
chato de shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks mighty nice but why raise my hopes and ask about the specs on the upcoming 17s when I already know Varrstoen turned its back on the 4 lug community. Perhaps when I decide to swap to 5 lug......... i'll just get the legit stuff.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #39
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagostino480 View Post
I don't get why people don't like them haha they look pretty cool. I have had a couple set of the es7 that have been beaten to shit on the track and are still running strong and were cheap. The people that hate on them are people who have never owned them and just read that they cracked because one of there hellaflush friends hit a pothole while driving fast on low pro 40 series tires.
Its because Equips are the most Epic classic late 90's (I belieive) wheel that Work has made, next to Meisters. Holy grail of wheels if you would, Man Varrstoen what happened to making your own design??? don't have any ideas?? this is like copying the Monalisa just my
Old 06-27-2014, 06:32 AM   #40
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
What are these going to be selling for?
Old 06-27-2014, 07:44 AM   #41
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagostino480 View Post
It's not that people don't like this wheel, it's that people don't like that this is a copy of a favorite wheel of many enthusiasts. Of course they look cool, they're Equip replicas. There's obviously a market for them. Good luck with your sale.

That said, keep the hate out this thread please. It's annoying when people bash on FS threads. Start a thread of your own if you want to start another rep wheel hate thread. Actually, don't.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #42
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Geezus Christ... way to shit all over a paid advertiser's thread! You guys are out of line.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #43
TrustS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
TrustS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Dumb wheels that will cost 1000 shipped either way. Why not just save for a little longer and buy the real deal? Varrstoen makes a killing off fan boys who decide to spend 1000 on wheels they probably pay 180 for all 4 total, and brag about how they got a good deal... If their price was cheaper I think less people would care about the fact they're knock offs
.. Yet they are somehow coveted as "high end" knock offs?
Old 06-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #44
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post

I find this all very entertaining. I'm not replying to the negative comments because what's the point? Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion and I'm just agreeing with the more sensible people in here. Besides, anyone that posts a comment, positive or negative, is just giving me a free bump, which I actually really appreciate. Sonic Motor does not manufacture these wheels, we sell them for VarrsToen. Don't shoot the messenger!

And for those complaining about these wheels being knockoffs, we also carry any wheel available from Mackin Industries, SSR, Enkei, Work, etc. So if any of you want some real Work wheels, feel free to PM me for pricing.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #45
azndan2
Leaky Injector

azndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura about
These wheels look sick.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #46
Ninjaman

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Equips are legendary. How can they not be copied. It a about time.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #47
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
lol who cares that someone has made a replica of a wheel thats been out of production for years... its not like work/ssr is making any additional money off of existing sets..
Old 06-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #48
xilovelsdx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
xilovelsdx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xilovelsdx
These and the XXR versions both look great. Would buy either if I was in the market.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #49
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I guess for us guys that actually buy these wheels for 4k or whatever have to see the next guy have a exact replica wheel for the fraction of the price and put work, volk,etc stickers and try to play it off as the original..obiously were gonna get mad when company's like varrostein make them..
Old 06-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #50
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
You guys have surely turned this forum into an entertainment hub for me. Knock offs of EVERYTHING you can pretty much think of have been around for ages....whats to stop a company from copying a popular style of wheel? I understand the value between "real" vs "knockoff" but to be honest if I was into sliding my car around I would rather buy and smash up a set of these versus paying extra for the real thing and smashing them up. Just my opinion.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #51
wrh505
Leaky Injector

wrh505 is an unknown quantity at this point
18x9.5 +12 and 18x10.5 +15 mm shipped to 87015!

I'll rock these, I have advan model 5s on my s14, and these will look nice on the s13 I am currently building. Most of these haters can't afford even the knockoffs!
Old 06-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #52
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post
I guess for us guys that actually buy these wheels for 4k or whatever have to see the next guy have a exact replica wheel for the fraction of the price and put work, volk,etc stickers and try to play it off as the original..obiously were gonna get mad when company's like varrostein make them..
Well these don't look EXACTLY like Equips. The ES8's have a step lip and real Equips have a smooth lip. That would be the easiest way to tell them apart. And I'm definitely not cool with people rocking Volk and Work stickers on these wheels. That's just taking it one step too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
You guys have surely turned this forum into an entertainment hub for me. Knock offs of EVERYTHING you can pretty much think of have been around for ages....whats to stop a company from copying a popular style of wheel? I understand the value between "real" vs "knockoff" but to be honest if I was into sliding my car around I would rather buy and smash up a set of these versus paying extra for the real thing and smashing them up. Just my opinion.
I feel the same way. I would feel terrible destroying "real" wheels at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrh505 View Post
18x9.5 +12 and 18x10.5 +15 mm shipped to 87015!

I'll rock these, I have advan model 5s on my s14, and these will look nice on the s13 I am currently building. Most of these haters can't afford even the knockoffs!
I'll shoot you a PM right now!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #53
SOAZ

SOAZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I would love a legit set of equips (one of my favorite wheels) but people want big bucks now. This gives me the look I want without going broke.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:24 PM   #54
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Will there be other finishes available besides silver? Shipped price to 33615 of...

2x--1895 +12
2x--18105 +15
Old 07-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #55
tryingtobebest
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
tryingtobebest is on the path to ruintryingtobebest is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
You guys keep talking about Equips?? This are Impul RS wheels

(Came on my car from Jap, 3 piece, dif front and back lip)
Old 07-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #56
rj180sx

rj180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneStarWindGSW View Post
had to be a matter of time till someone made reps of WORK Equips, atleast it was Varrstoen. They look nice even with the step lip. Any possibilty to get these w/o step lip on the outter barrel and lower offsets? i'll keep my eye on these

*edit*
I was on my350z browsing varrostoen wheels when i came across this post, good laugh.
http://my350z.com/forum/10068018-post53.html
Lol XXR beat em to it
Old 07-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #57
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

All PMs replied!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #58
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

All PMs replied!
Old 07-05-2014, 10:46 PM   #59
Shimadorisanni
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Shimadorisanni is making a name for him/her selfShimadorisanni is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Where I can see where people would get ticked off at the release of this wheel (me included) I dont really mind it all that much due to the original equips being discontinued and as a result a lot harder to get. It also kind of irks me that theres little to no originality here. I do however get really really ticked off when varrstoen made the te37 copies. Rays put probably millions of dollars in design, research, and development for the te37 line of wheels. They even created a whole new forging process with whole new equipment to produce the Te37. When you see a company just completely ignore that, and openly copy a wheel, especially one where the company still sells, thats where we have the problem. I just wish that Rays would do something and sue this dead beat company for screwing them that hard. I know I would. Sorry for the reply, but I have had a real burning desire to say this
Old 07-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #60
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

All PMs replied!
Closed Thread