Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
WatShmat

Trader Rating: (0)
WatShmat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB Technical questions about my S14

I don't know how to make these images smaller sorry.

I just picked up an S14 Zenki with a stock rb25det.
It has this problem when driving slow you can hear it well. It is from the rear right of the car if you are looking at it from the back. It sounds like a sort of pulsing rubbing like something spinning unevenly. It gets faster when you speed up and when in reverse there is a sort of screeching sound that sounds like trying to brake with worn no pads. The seller didn't tell me about this and somehow it didn't happen when we were test driving it. There is a what looks like a wheel hub of some sort in the trunk where he might have been wanting to fix it.

Also there is what looks like a little fluid on the valve cover which could be because he detailed the car for us and some water came in but that was yesterday after a 3.5 hour drive home. It doesn't smell when I try and smell it but after I pulled it into the garage the garage smelled faintly of gasoline but that might be because it is a little rich and has a turbo timer that kept it running for a bit and all the fumes didn't go out the door.
WatShmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links