Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:42 AM   #1
wsmiteh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
wsmiteh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
s13 4Tugs Ls13 Driftcar

Whats up silva, bought an s13 hatch this summer, and have made enough progress over the last few months, figured I should post up a build thread to share what I have gotten done so far, and hopefully get some tips and what not, as this is my first time building something of this calibre.

I'm 19years old, and am just wrapping up my last semester of AST in Calgary. I own an srt4 I have been building since highschool which makes 375whp & 430wtq. Car is fast as shit , but now I want to do some sideways thangs with my friends.

Picked up my 240 this summer, and had a good time sliding the shit out of it until winter hit, and began my build. For the money, and considering that almost every s13 in Canada is a complete rusty pos, I was happy with it as a good platform to get started on

Got a pretty kickass garage with some friends to rent for the winter.

Got to work right away and pulled the stock KA out and stripped the front 1/2 of the car

Next I had an absolute ball chipping up all of the sound deadening ......

POR15'd the floor after patching a "couple" rust spots here and there

Spent absolute hours patching more holes in the fender-wells, firewall and whatever else in preparation for tubs

Got tubbin

Tacked up

Fully welded

Started stripping and painting some of by braces/subframe/suspension stuff

Rubbercoated my fender wells

Laid down some seam-sealer after grinding back the welds/welding up whatever holes I didn't need to try and clean the bay up a bit

Just finished up sanding the rest of the bay, and skimming a couple rough spots with some filler, bay is 99% ready for primer, hopefully will have it painted in the next couple of days!

Picked up some coilovers, a new diff, as well as a non-hicas subframe and rear end. As this is going to be LS swapped, I also grabbed a T56 tranny recently so I have been sitting on that for a couple weeks.

Hopefully progress will be pretty quick and I will be able to get some updates to you guys, any feedback/tips are welcome
wsmiteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links