Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #31
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Farkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Farkel
Another one I know of is www.obsessedgarage.com which is mostly bolt-on Porsche/BMW stuff with COPIOUS amounts of pictures, but interesting nonetheless.

I recently picked up a Coupe myself to self-generate more content.

Might throw up a build thread here, but until then, follow along at my website: www.grandmighty.com
Old 08-16-2016, 12:48 AM   #32
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Damn, neat coupe, lovely advan wheels and sweet aero bumper. Looks like a great build candidate.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:48 AM   #33
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farkel View Post
I recently picked up a Coupe myself to self-generate more content.
Nice! Is this the one that was for sale in Florida (I think) recently? I've been wanting a coupe so bad lately.

Just checked out your site a couple weeks ago at work and loved it. Great content and attention to detail. Thanks for the motivation and for passing the time at work!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:49 AM   #34
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Nice! Is this the one that was for sale in Florida (I think) recently?
nah. looks like johnny flipped the coupe he picked up a while back
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:49 PM   #35
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Farkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura aboutFarkel has a spectacular aura about
Thanks, going to try and do a quick and dirty but well-sorted build on this one.

Yeah, I picked it up from Jonathan. I've been casually searching for one for a year now and this was finally something clean and checked the right boxes... so I went in.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:51 PM   #36
jakewolf

Trader Rating: (2)
jakewolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
I personally invest a lot of time to keep the details of what I do updated at
www.grandmighty.com
Killer blog! Love the s13. Bookmarking that one right now.

It's not a dedicated blog, but my buddy has a pretty good build thread on HybridZ going for his 280z build.

Hybrid Z Datsun 280z autox/track build thread
jakewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:50 PM   #37
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Bumping this up, any more good finds out there?

It seems like people are transitioning away from written literature to Vlogs and YouTube. At the end of the day, I still like reading about content as that is a superior platform to discuss and share finer details. I feel like YouTubers who have projects are more Entertainment oriented and it dilutes the end goal.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:33 AM   #38
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
I write stuff. I try to update once a week.

madrigaliracing.com
Old 01-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #39
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Bumping this up, any more good finds out there?

It seems like people are transitioning away from written literature to Vlogs and YouTube. At the end of the day, I still like reading about content as that is a superior platform to discuss and share finer details. I feel like YouTubers who have projects are more Entertainment oriented and it dilutes the end goal.
100%.

I can't do Vlogs/video 'builds.'
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #40
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
100%.

I can't do Vlogs/video 'builds.'
Pretty much this. Project Binky is the exception
Old 01-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #41
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Truth. Project Binky is an exception because they center their content authentically on the build itself and the engineering behind it. It also speaks volumes that each of their episodes come out months in between, and not every 5 hours.

Other "Vlog" builds out there center their content on the next clickbait thing they can do, purely to draw in views.

That's why the conventional format of making write ups instead levels the playing field because there is less room for hidden agendas.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #42
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Quote:
Truth. Project Binky is an exception because they center their content authentically on the build itself and the engineering behind it. It also speaks volumes that each of their episodes come out months in between, and not every 5 hours.

Other "Vlog" builds out there center their content on the next clickbait thing they can do, purely to draw in views.

That's why the conventional format of making write ups instead levels the playing field because there is less room for hidden agendas.
Agreed.

I guess I watch the Speed Academy videos too, but I grew up reading Pete Tarach & Dave Pratte, so I'm going to be biased in their favor.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:18 PM   #43
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Came in here to post project Binky.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #44
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

So....anyone have anything else?
Old 03-30-2017, 11:12 AM   #45
obscene
Leaky Injector

obscene is an unknown quantity at this point
I get what you mean about the transition from written to video over the past few years. I think people see the rapid success of some, and try to emulate it on their own. It's also now easier than ever to pick up a camera and start filming.

Ironically, I'm doing the same shift, but with different intentions. I hesitate to use this term, but I really enjoy the 'film making' aspect of capturing and presenting video content.

Here's an example of my written content: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...s-(911-content)

And here's my youtube channel where I've recently been focusing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCje...SeR-1ahFfpsrHw

If you do end up watching a few episodes, I'd love to get your feedback on what works well and what doesn't. Thanks!
obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:21 AM   #46
Farkel
Zilvia Junkie

It's interesting because a LOT of car YouTubers have switched to doing it full time as a source of income... I know in the 7 years I've kept up my website, I haven't made a single penny. It has only been a cost sector for me as I spend on its hosting and domain bills.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #47
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
It's interesting because a LOT of car YouTubers have switched to doing it full time as a source of income... I know in the 7 years I've kept up my website, I haven't made a single penny. It has only been a cost sector for me as I spend on its hosting and domain bills.
time to get that YT money!
Old 04-05-2017, 06:39 AM   #48
obscene
Leaky Injector

obscene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It's interesting because a LOT of car YouTubers have switched to doing it full time as a source of income
Maybe I'm naive, but I just can't wrap my head around how this is feasible.
obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #49
G-Sep

Trader Rating: (1)
G-Sep is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscene View Post
Ad revenue and daily uploads of content
G-Sep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:55 AM   #50
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscene View Post
.......Its called the ADD generation.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote