Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-04-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
muerte13

Trader Rating: (0)
muerte13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rb25det neo 2

So I got a 240sx with a rb25det neo 2 and I need help with the after market manifold Intake I install, I cant get the idle to work proper it shots off when i try to drive the car the idle goes down and car shots off, any body that can help me i appreciate...
muerte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
how about some English first please???
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
how about some English first please???
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by muerte13 View Post
So I got a 240sx with a rb25det neo 2 and I need help with the after market manifold Intake I install, I cant get the idle to work proper it shots off when i try to drive the car the idle goes down and car shots off, any body that can help me i appreciate...
Which manifold, the Greddy knockoff? It will use a RB25det Series 2 Idle Air Control Valve (IACV), which will be necessary for cold start idle and idle under deceleration. The IACV allows air to bypass the closed throttle body butterfly so the air/fuel ratio remains appropriate for combustion.

Are you positive your engine is a NEO? There is no NEO 2 version of the RB25det. There is a series 1, series 2, and NEO RB25det. If it is a Series 2 and not a NEO, then you should have the right IACV valve for the Greddy type intake manifold, if you are replacing the stock manifold.

If you have a NEO, then the stock IACV will not fit the cut-out and mounting location on the underside of the Greddy manifold. I would then suggest purchasing a B13 Sentra IACV, from the 1.6 liter, which is the same IACV as the RB25 Series 2, minus the T on the air inlet (not really needed). It is a lot cheaper than buying the S2 IACV.

What do you have for tuning? The IACV can be blocked off, though I would not suggest it, if your tuning can compensate for the lack of air with no throttle input.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote