Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-12-2017, 09:13 AM   #211
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
So what's the current consensus on the most cost effective bellhousing solution? I think I'm ready to pull the trigger. The Mazworx looks nice but pricey...
Old 01-12-2017, 09:29 AM   #212
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
So what's the current consensus on the most cost effective bellhousing solution? I think I'm ready to pull the trigger. The Mazworx looks nice but pricey...
Currently it's 10% off
Old 02-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #213
doyle4281
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
doyle4281 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Rb26

Hello guys, is there something about the RB20/25/26 engines that make it more difficult to use these CD00x adapters. It seems only Collins Adapters sells one for the RB, even though the KA is so similar. I would like to get one, I just havent seen anyone successfully using one on an RB
doyle4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:27 PM   #214
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Billcriss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle4281 View Post
Hello guys, is there something about the RB20/25/26 engines that make it more difficult to use these CD00x adapters. It seems only Collins Adapters sells one for the RB, even though the KA is so similar. I would like to get one, I just havent seen anyone successfully using one on an RB

From my understanding usually the JZ crew use these as a cheaper alternative to the R154. Unless you don't have a transmission I would keep the rb one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Billcriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:33 PM   #215
doyle4281
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcriss View Post
From my understanding usually the JZ crew use these as a cheaper alternative to the R154. Unless you don't have a transmission I would keep the rb one.

I have both the CD009 and a Z32/RB hybrid. I would just prefer to have the CD009 6 speed. From what I see, the SR and KA guys use them, and there is one for sale for the RB, just cant find any testimonials on them. There will without a doubt be more CD00x adapters available in the coming years, as it seems to be becoming quite popular now. Im just curious as too why the RB is uniquely excluded by most companies, especially when all RWD RB26 conversions require a transmission conversion. Is there something different that I am missing, as I was under the impression the RB and KA transmission setups were nearly the same
Old 02-06-2017, 08:36 PM   #216
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I have both the CD009 and a Z32/RB hybrid. I would just prefer to have the CD009 6 speed. From what I see, the SR and KA guys use them, and there is one for sale for the RB, just cant find any testimonials on them. There will without a doubt be more CD00x adapters available in the coming years, as it seems to be becoming quite popular now. Im just curious as too why the RB is uniquely excluded by most companies, especially when all RWD RB26 conversions require a transmission conversion. Is there something different that I am missing, as I was under the impression the RB and KA transmission setups were nearly the same
It's because almost nobody builds RB's in the states therefore manufactures of conversion items have a hard time justifying the time and research needed to produce a product for a small audience that might not produce a profit.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #217
doyle4281
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
It's because almost nobody builds RB's in the states therefore manufactures of conversion items have a hard time justifying the time and research needed to produce a product for a small audience that might not produce a profit.
Possibly, but not many people build VH's either and many companies sell one for that conversion. Would be nice to hear some feedback concerning the Collins Adapter for the RB, unless they didnt really sell many. I cant seem to get responses from Collins Adapter concerning the details of their adapter, so I am hesitant to buy.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:47 PM   #218
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Carl on nico did the swap a few years ago on his Rb30. Jwt sells an adapter but you need the auto bell housing to use it.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:50 PM   #219
doyle4281
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Carl on nico did the swap a few years ago on his Rb30. Jwt sells an adapter but you need the auto bell housing to use it.
Thank you. I messaged him, however I have not received a response yet. The JWT setup is made for the SR and KA, but I think that the KA is so similar that it may be able to be used. The JWT requires cutting the bellhousing off, while the Collins Adapter requires 14mm of machining. The JWT setup also requires you to switch to an internal slave cylinder. It would be nice to hear some opinions on the pros and cons of these two styles of conversions. Thanks for the response
Old 02-07-2017, 07:58 AM   #220
travon47
Leaky Injector

travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Possibly, but not many people build VH's either and many companies sell one for that conversion. Would be nice to hear some feedback concerning the Collins Adapter for the RB, unless they didnt really sell many. I cant seem to get responses from Collins Adapter concerning the details of their adapter, so I am hesitant to buy.
I tried to buy a Collins adaptor in 2015, got him to respond once and the rest was history. horrible customer service and ended up choosing LOJ conversions for a lsx-cd009 adaptor and couldn't be happier. Not sure how Collins makes money not responding to people
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #221
doyle4281
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by travon47 View Post
I tried to buy a Collins adaptor in 2015, got him to respond once and the rest was history. horrible customer service and ended up choosing LOJ conversions for a lsx-cd009 adaptor and couldn't be happier. Not sure how Collins makes money not responding to people
Exactly the same experience here. I inquired, I got a sentence response, replied, and have not heard anything since. For something as critical and bespoke as a custom transmission adapter, there should be at least good tutorials available if they aren't going to provide tech support.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #222
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I bet no one makes an adapter for the RB because after the extra length of the motor, and the extra length of the trans, the shifter would be in the back seat.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:57 PM   #223
Gar9854
Zilvia Member

Gar9854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
I bet no one makes an adapter for the RB because after the extra length of the motor, and the extra length of the trans, the shifter would be in the back seat.
Yet they sell for jz's.

They don't sell to many since 25boxes seem pretty stout from the get go really
Gar9854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:24 PM   #224
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar9854 View Post
Yet they sell for jz's.
A Supra/SC300/IS300/GS300 is much longer than a 240sx lol
Old 02-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #225
doyle4281
Zilvia Junkie

These responses all further raise the question of why the RB adapter is so frequently excluded from many companies offerings. 2JZ, VH45, even toyota V8's are all less common than the RB26 conversion, however the adapters are more available. I'm not criticizing this, as business relies on demand, I just don't think that is the reason. Is there something unique about the RB's that make these adapters less straight forward. We know you can pretty much any transmission bolted up to practically any engine, that's not my concern. Its the input shaft issues, clutch engagement, and throwout system that is the complexity. Being that Collins Adapter is the only company advertising the RB to CD00x adapter, it makes me skeptical of its operation as nobody else is selling it. This is the most frustrating part of the equation, the one company offering a product with no tutorial, minimal details, and no proven application on their website
Old 02-07-2017, 05:27 PM   #226
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of RB, seeing how the collins adapter fits ka and rb, think my next project is to swap in a cd009 max out the ka around 500ish and later build an rb26 on the side. When the ka goes, just swap it in and call it a day with a nice single.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:25 AM   #227
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I did a swap on a rb25 to z33 in a r32 gtst last summer . My friend was blowing rb25 transmission every event . And at 800$ a piece around here its a non sence to keep trying to run them .

Collins makes a kit for the rb25/26/ka24de

http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...ter-plate.html

Wasnt an easy bolt-on like the one i did for my other friend in is sr20 s14 .

On the rb kit the shifter and trany it not 100% strait ... its clocked abit to the left . Nothing craze tho we left it alone like that . And we had to cut abit of the tunnel to clear the the gktech shifter .

I just did an other swap on a 13b with collins kit and nothing was working out . The website got corrected and we got a refund because its only compatible for a 20b or fd3s auto 13b . Nothing else .

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #228
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
i ordered a Collins kit 3 months ago.
still waiting for it to be shipped.
they do respond when i email though, some story about moving locations and having to re-set up machinery.

could be BS. I'm running low on patience but no one makes an adaptor for vk45/cd009

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #229
doyle4281
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
i ordered a Collins kit 3 months ago.
still waiting for it to be shipped.
they do respond when i email though, some story about moving locations and having to re-set up machinery.

could be BS. I'm running low on patience but no one makes an adaptor for vk45/cd009
I decided to avoid all the issues I have been hearing, and went with another option. During my research however, I was told by Jim Wolf Technology that they will be releasing a CD00x adapter for the Vk/Vh engines. Its not a simple adapter like the Collins setup, it involved cutting off the bellhousing an using the adapter to bolt on an automatic bellhousing. Contact Ben over there, they may expedite it if they get interest
Old 02-15-2017, 08:07 AM   #230
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Figured I'd tease you guys a bit, guess the chassis!

Old 02-16-2017, 06:02 AM   #231
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'd guess BRZ/FRS
Old 02-16-2017, 08:15 PM   #232
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Obviously 86 chassis lol.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #233
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Koukiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Almost made a thread for this but figured it will fit in here. I'm buying a new CD009/370z tranny for my 2jz s14 build.

Since I'm buying new I can get the clutch fork version(cd009) or the newer 370z version with the internal slave.

Now I know the internal slave is garbage and needs to be replaced with a $300 new one.

Pretty much what I'm asking is should I get the clutch for version or the internal slave version both new? Is the later model 370z version any stronger/smoother?
Koukiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:01 PM   #234
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukiii View Post
Almost made a thread for this but figured it will fit in here. I'm buying a new CD009/370z tranny for my 2jz s14 build.

Since I'm buying new I can get the clutch fork version(cd009) or the newer 370z version with the internal slave.

Now I know the internal slave is garbage and needs to be replaced with a $300 new one.

Pretty much what I'm asking is should I get the clutch for version or the internal slave version both new? Is the later model 370z version any stronger/smoother?
The later model has stronger synchros and has a 10mm smaller input shaft bearing than the first gen CD009
Old 03-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #235
RickS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
RickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
The later model has stronger synchros and has a 10mm smaller input shaft bearing than the first gen CD009

Do you have proof of that?
Because all transmission numbers are now cd00A
Just depends on internal or external slave because of model year.

RickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #236
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS14 View Post

Well the Wikipedia page for the Z chassis states that and we've taken several apart at the shop and the later model ones are beefier for sure.

I'm fairly positive it's broken up by VQ35de, VQ35de RU, VQ35de HR, VQ37, and VQ37 HR as far as when trannys got upgraded.

I know for sure that first gen 350z transmissions have a 100mm input shaft bearing, VQ35HR's have a 95mm, and the 370 has a 90mm. We sell adapter rings to be used for our bellhousing adapter here at the shop since our kit was designed for the first gen box.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #237
travon47
Leaky Injector

travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukiii View Post

You want the external slave, easiest to work with and since your buying new you will new buying the best updated version of the cd009.
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #238
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If you're using the mazworx bellhousing it does not matter what trans you get as it works on all of them. And you can use either a fork or an internal slave.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #239
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
If you're using the mazworx bellhousing it does not matter what trans you get as it works on all of them. And you can use either a fork or an internal slave.

You do need the corresponding adapter ring for the input shaft bearing as I stated but this is correct.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #240
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS14 View Post
That last part isn't entirely true. The latest CD00x trans you can buy new is the CD00A version. This replaced the CD009. Early 350Z models had CD000 thru CD008 with revisions such as better/more syncros. CD009 has triple cone syncros for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd; whereas the original CD000 had double cone syncros for 1st, 3rd, and 4th, and triple cone on 2nd only. Basically avoid early 350Z transmissions since the syncros have all kinds of issues.

The 370Z and HR 350Z trans aren't technically CD0 trans anymore. HR and G37 trans is a JK41B, and 370Z is a 1EA0A(B). So if you want a new trans with internal slave, you'd have to order one of these new part numbers. A CD00A will be the standard external slave design.

They can be fairly interchangeable, the service manuals refer to both Z33 and Z34 as a "FS6R31A" type trans. Just make sure you know what you have, so that you can get the correct adapters if needed.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote