Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-24-2003, 09:27 PM   #1
KingKong8247
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
KingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KingKong8247
high beam fix??

Hey, I remember reading awhile ago that someone asked why there passenger side high beam does not work and then someone told them it was just something that Nissan did on the S13 and I think other manufactuers did also.

Well my question is has anybody figured out a fix for this?? I think there is a kit you can buy from Nissan but its not that important to me but has anyone rewired it to work both?? It would be great to know cuz the high beam is crap.

And please dont say get brighter headlights I know that would be better and will happen eventually but is there a fix?? Thanks
Old 03-24-2003, 10:57 PM   #2
THX1138
Zilvia Member

THX1138 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, both high beams on my S13 work, so I don't think your condition is normal. More likely the high/low switch in the stalk isn't making proper contact and it's only tellling the driver's side to go high. Of course, that's a guess...
THX1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 11:22 PM   #3
syco3d
Zilvia Junkie

syco3d is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to syco3d Send a message via Yahoo to syco3d
When I first got my 92FB (a few months ago) the passanger side high beam wouldn't come on either. Then about a month after I had it, niether of them would work. Since then I've replaced my headlights with those cheapo "cool blue" sylvanias (I'm broke ok) and put in fogs. So between those two my low beams are more then bright enough.

On a side not however, since my high beams don't work now- when I push the lever forward my headlights simply cut out.

In early December I was approacing a corner (at night) lifted up the turn signal, and in the process accidentally pushed it forward turning on my brights. Except they don't work, meaning I had no headlights. So I just waited untill I had cornered to fix the problem since there was plenty of street lighting, and my headlights were doing jacksquat anyways. But of course it happened to be my luck that a cop was sitting across from the corner and gave me a $90 ticket for not having my lights on, even though I explained to him what the problem was. Just one more reason to love city cops...
What does that spell?
CRAP!
syco3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:17 AM   #4
KingKong8247
Zilvia Junkie

KingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of lightKingKong8247 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to KingKong8247
Anybody know how to fix the problem them??? It really sucks.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:37 PM   #5
2brokey

2brokey is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 2brokey Send a message via Yahoo to 2brokey
I think the combination switch may be screwed up. On my 89, I have the problem where I have no High Beam system, and when I move the switch forward or try to flash, it does nothing. Someone told me those combination switches used to break all the time on Nissans and I did recall having to change one on someone's old Sentra for the same reason. I'll try to change mine soon and let you guys know if that solves it...
2brokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #6
vnboy17

vnboy17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey everyone!
I'm new to this forum, and i did do a search for my issue with my car. a lot of answers show up that is similar, but i've noticed one thing is that when i turn on my high beams, isn't there suppose to be some kind of blue light in the instrument panel that is suppose to be on letting you know that the high beam lights are on??? so thats part of my problem. the other is that my passenger high beam doesn't turn on at all. the driver side works but the passenger doesn't work. I had already checked the fuses but all the fuses seem to be ok. any suggestions that may solve this problem. Thanks!
vnboy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 02:36 PM   #7
Jung918
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When I bought my 240 the high beams didn't work. I checked all the fuses and they were all good. I tried to look for the relay but couldn't find it. I then just decided to buy a new switch. Now my high beams work. I bought it at mynismo.com. Just go to the oem parts on the web site.
Jung918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:51 PM   #8
Atill93
Leaky Injector

Atill93 is making his/her stupidity well-knownAtill93 is making his/her stupidity well-knownAtill93 is making his/her stupidity well-knownAtill93 is making his/her stupidity well-known
bump.

when i try to turn my hi beams on, my lights just turn all the way off
and my my turn signals don't work either
the car was like this when i bought it 5 years ago and I never fixed it

if my bulbs and fuses are good should I replace the lever and switch on the steering column?
Atill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:15 AM   #9
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atill93 View Post
bump.

when i try to turn my hi beams on, my lights just turn all the way off
and my my turn signals don't work either
the car was like this when i bought it 5 years ago and I never fixed it

if my bulbs and fuses are good should I replace the lever and switch on the steering column?
Yes, at this point the combination switch in most 240's is simply worn out.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote