Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #91
2tone1via

Trader Rating: (2)
2tone1via is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVinnie View Post
I know 2tone1via is such a douche. Talks before he thinks, just like 80% of this forum.
Learn how to take a joke you joke. Name calling? haha. I know Nos isn't the type of power we're even talking about smart guy. KA24DE... if you want to make power you should turbo it. You don't have to... but you won't regret it if you do it right(which is the only way it should be done). "Nos!..." was obviously a joke. You need to shut your mouth. As for n/a KA... Scooters s14 was dope. I'm not sure everything he did from the bottom up, but if you have ITB's, custom race manifold and a haltech... would you leave the rest of the motor stock(BigV...the answer is that you wouldn't)? N/A KA24DE is sick if done right. Go check out Scooters s14.
2tone1via is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #92
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tone1via View Post
Learn how to take a joke you joke. Name calling? haha. I know Nos isn't the type of power we're even talking about smart guy. KA24DE... if you want to make power you should turbo it. You don't have to... but you won't regret it if you do it right(which is the only way it should be done). "Nos!..." was obviously a joke. You need to shut your mouth. As for n/a KA... Scooters s14 was dope. I'm not sure everything he did from the bottom up, but if you have ITB's, custom race manifold and a haltech... would you leave the rest of the motor stock(BigV...the answer is that you wouldn't)? N/A KA24DE is sick if done right. Go check out Scooters s14.
I could turbo if I wanted to.
the point of natural aspiration regardless of the pro's and cons of cost or MPG, is that it's thinking outside the box. How to get an engine to naturally gain more power.
Turbo is the easy way out of suggesting that you wouldn't know the first thing about making good reliable power natural aspirated.
I actually have 2 240sx's one of them that is going through an RB25det neo transplant. Don't talk to me about turbo. The fact is the topic was about power for natural aspiration.

Scooters NA KA never came close to the power mine made bone stock with a shitty safc, and the scv manifold. ITB's over rated IMO.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #93
24j0hn
Leaky Injector

24j0hn is an unknown quantity at this point

if the ladies like it, might as well stick with it...
24j0hn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #94
keytops
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
keytops is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
there was a good intake for the KA. The horrible intake seems to take so much to overcome na or forced induction. I guess we will see how good the upper intake is with the recent KA-Rs popping up.

I'm still going V8 at some point down the road.
If you go turbo; plenums are easy to make but your not losing that much HP with the stockie, plus you gain torque and velocity durring your off boost times.

If you live in cali like me DD consits of 30 mph max on the 405 to and from work. I guess you could put a loud BOV and spool it in first as you move forward those 3 car lengths in front of you, that way even the hondas laugh at you. Theres alot of off boost time, I'll definitly pick a high capacity radiator over a plenum. Espicially for a dd.

V8 is nice, fyi q45 motors are cheap, cops wouldn't know the difference from the KA.

LOL that pic is awesome, I'm getting that on a shirt!

Last edited by keytops; 10-27-2009 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: someone posted that awesome pic
keytops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #95
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Nice assumptions there buddy.
The speed limit in my neighborhood is higher than 30 and some of the surface streets in Fresno flow higher than 50. Driving around the valley on the freeway can get up to 95 without weaving through traffic.

All the info on the KA that I have found points to the intake as the bottle neck in the system. You can take that or leave it.

The vh is indeed cheap. I got one at a junkyard for $140 last year. Cops will know the difference though. I will do it legally by going through a state ref.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #96
keytops
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
keytops is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
A guy I go up to the mountains with runs a q45. We've both made it through a carb checkpoint with only him getting a fix-it for bald tires. You missed the whole point of my post. Keep in mind were talking about DDs. The big ass rib cage intake is a bottleneck on the system but it does help on the low end and if you only had $400 to spend and you had to pick between a radiator or a plenum the radiator would be a much better choice. I ran ITBs on my n/a ka. I wasn't impressed, the top end pulled nice but the low end suffered. Granted I didn't have a killer tune and the setup was pretty redneck but I'm running my stockie again, ITBs are asking for problems on a DD.
keytops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #97
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
You can keep the low end by staying with long runners. The stock intake is like a log type turbo manifold. It works but it isn't the best flowing out there.

I would like to get itb with long runners, port the head, and get a fully balanced crank.(If we assume I can afford that I can surely afford a larger capacity radiator as well.)

For the cost of all the above I can put in the VH I already have and double my power with out touching it AND stay legal in Cali.

Modding cars would be so much better with out the stupid visual inspection.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #98
hmong337

hmong337 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you want all motor, you picked the wrong car.
hmong337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #99
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Why do people keep bumping this thread with bull shit?

If you have nothing to add then don't say any thing.

There absolutely no reason you HAVE to go forced induction of any kind with this car.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #100
MacDrizzle

MacDrizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Skott View Post
if you only want 2 and change to the wheels and have it NA. just drop an LT1 or LS1 in there and call it a day.
I'd say do what ever the fuck you wanna do to your car! The LS1 is a great swap for a 240 it weighs damn near the same as the KA so you won't have the suspension overload or handling problems. The downside to the LS1 is the cost a good motor and tranny is gonna run you anywhere from $2000 to $5000. If you aren't a fabricator then you need mounts made as well as headers, radiator etc... then you have to source an ECU, update your fuel system and all the other bells and whistles. I would recommend chassis stiffening and bracing also. Hinson Supercars has all the stuff to do this swap but the prices are a bit high. As for the LT1 well that is a whole different demon that requires full fabrication.

check out www.hinsonsupercars.com

I have had success with the KA and i still love it. My suggestion is not to set specific power goals but to build it with the best parts and address its weaknesses and make changes where needed. Don't be a monkey and boost a stock motor, it'll be fun.......for awhile anyhow!!!

Just my two cents, but what do I know im just a redneck wit a flatbed!
MacDrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #101
Kouki_Mnster
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Kouki_Mnster can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Buy a 350Z leave it bone stock and now you have a newer car with the NA power you want.
Kouki_Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #102
speedfreak90
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
speedfreak90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
well the thing is he already has an SR.. believe it or not he drives the KA track car more.

he did a high compression build on the ka, using sohc pistons to raise the compression.

than he made custom ITB's.. mind it's a lot cleaner now this is right after he finished making it.

im confused did he lose power by doing the itbs???? am i reading this wrong???
speedfreak90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #103
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
^^^^ look at how fucked up the A/Fr's are on that ITB set up, its like all over the place a nd still to lean in the higher RPM range. It also appears that he is using an N62 MAF with that set up and it isn't properlly calibrated. A/Fr's are way to rich teh first 1000's of RPM.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:14 AM   #104
limited240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
limited240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
ka are nice but shit always happens with them. but i would recomend t28, 370cc, z32maf, enthalpy tune ecu at 10psi,, that was fun for me. on my ka-t setupp, if not just get a sr. thats what i have now.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #105
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited240 View Post
ka are nice but shit always happens with them. but i would recomend t28, 370cc, z32maf, enthalpy tune ecu at 10psi,, that was fun for me. on my ka-t setupp, if not just get a sr. thats what i have now.
You haven't been reading this thread obviously.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #106
limited240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
limited240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVinnie View Post
You haven't been reading this thread obviously.
Haha guess ur right..
Old 03-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #107
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDrizzle View Post
IThe LS1 is a great swap for a 240 it weighs damn near the same as the KA...
Please stop spreading misinformation.

KA weights 380lbs

LS1 weights 496lbs

VH weighs 540ish lbs.

If you actually researched things you would know this.

I think it would be sick if someone actually got a fully-counterbalanced stock-stroke crank, some big cams and ITB's, 12:1 compression, and ran it on E85 with a real tune.

That has never been done before and I bet it would be mean and streetable.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.

Last edited by PoorMans180SX; 01-11-2013 at 02:33 PM..
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:08 AM   #108
Schassis707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
Schassis707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Just go for simple bolt ons, dual exhaust cam setup, straight 3in exhaust, z32 maf, tune..that's enough fun for a dd and don't cost much. If that's not enough to satisfy than I really hope money isn't a problem
Schassis707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #109
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schassis707 View Post
, dual exhaust cam setup,
Do you have any dyno proof that this cam set up works? Because if you don't, I wouldn't preach this to people if I were you. It takes more than just the cams to make power. It also takes cam gears to re align the lobes of the exhaust cam to work on INT.
The only 248/248 cams that work are the NISMO, stock cams don't cut it because the exhaust cam do not line up for INT perfectly. Infact this set up if not properly done will yield about 7 HP less than the stock 240/248 set up on AVG.

What people should be preaching is the cam set up that works which is in this case a G70MAF or bigger (N60) for OBD1 engines with use of 240/248 cams. Or 240/248 cams for use with OBD2 engines.

The problem never was cam selections the 240/248 is a very effecient cam selection its the iuse of the MAF which restricts air flow on OBD1, and the lack of cams on OBD2 which is 232/232.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #110
Jus Skott
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jus Skott can only hope to improveJus Skott can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jus Skott
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
More info on your setup, please. lol

There's some guys on KA-T.org making 330+whp at 10 psi, but they don't like to give specifics about their specs.
MSD 8207 blaster coil, MSD 6A, 750cc deucheworks injectors, jgs log mani, garret t3t4 50/.63 ar, 38mm tial wg, spearco fmic, hks ssq bov, enthalpy tune, stock block.

only thing thats changed on the new setup with isn't in the car yet is 90mm pistons, arps studs through out, balanced and polished crank, anda few other stupid things.

Looking for yard parts, PM me.
Jus Skott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #111
SYLO_JOHNSON

SYLO_JOHNSON is an unknown quantity at this point
There's nothing wrong with the KA, despite the endless and countless pricks who will speak poorly about it before they read about it. If you do your research you will find that all KA builds that have made huge HP and Torque gains were all turbo, not n/a. Like stated earlier in this thread, nobody makes a dd n/a KA... You can make a dd turbo KA, and for that you just need to do your homework, and prep you're internals; forged pistons, h-beam rods etc. If you rebuild your bottom/top end with going turbo in mind you'll have a beast of a motor thats dd. Check out KA-T.org for you're KA extremist info, that's what they do there, nothing but monster KA's. But as for going n/a??? I dunno bout that one, when you're done with your n/a build you'll be about as intimidating as a box of kittens.
SYLO_JOHNSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #112
sharad909
Leaky Injector

sharad909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
that what you get for a truck motor...
LOL sad but true
sharad909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #113
sharad909
Leaky Injector

Damn, people are really talking here lol

Plain and simple. DO WHATEVER YOUR GUTS FEEL LIKE DOING!

NATURAL ASP KA24
*is expensive
*hard to reach high hp goals.
*but less problems from cops

KA-T
* cheap
* can easily get 220-250hp from simple turbo kit
* lose mpg
* risk from getting caught by the PoPos

V4/V6/V8 swap (SR, RBs, VG, LS1, LT1, LSX, VQ, etc, etc, etc....
* easy hp and torque
* expensive (depends)
* can NOT be slick with that... (cops)
Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #114
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Way to bump a 10-month old thread...

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #115
sharad909
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Way to bump a 10-month old thread...
Haha! I totally didn't see that. But oh well :-)