Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #15091
sikvic01
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sikvic01 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsikvic01 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsikvic01 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsikvic01 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how to tell what apexi jetro i have?

Just by looking at ecu is there any way to tell if its a l or d jetro? I search around Google and can't find my answer.
sikvic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #15092
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by salemboy19 View Post
Just wondering what you guys do to protect your FMIC from getting beat up from bumps in the road and such? I'm not even that low and the bottom of my intercoolers is taking a beating. Any suggestions besides avoid the bumps, because I try to?
That's why midmounts are so popular now. Flip it upside down, mount it higher and closer and have pipes modded to fit.

Like this, PBM midmount.

PBM though you will probably lose your headlight motors, so if you already have a core you may be able to have it remounted in a way that'll allow you to keep your motors.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #15093
danny92
Leaky Injector

danny92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone here got recaro spg pole positions in their s13/s14? What seat rails are you guys using? cant seem to fit any of the bride ones and NZKW ones which are local to me sit way too high..
danny92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #15094
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo1222 View Post
I drifted on my way to the store once.... until hicas decided to correct me and almost threw me into a guard rail
I thought HICAS vehicles had an 'off' switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaanrel View Post
what rims are these?
because sick ass S15... Volk GTC's are the best ever wheels ever made for looking killer on an S Chassis. My opinion FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemboy19 View Post
Just wondering what you guys do to protect your FMIC from getting beat up from bumps in the road and such? I'm not even that low and the bottom of my intercoolers is taking a beating. Any suggestions besides avoid the bumps, because I try to?
The easiest solution is a simple skid bar on either side attached to the frame. I mean really, easy to fab, only 1" in diameter, doesn't hang below anything that isn't already hanging so ground clearance isn't an issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandriftingfat View Post
That's why midmounts are so popular now. Flip it upside down, mount it higher and closer and have pipes modded to fit.

Like this, PBM midmount.

PBM though you will probably lose your headlight motors, so if you already have a core you may be able to have it remounted in a way that'll allow you to keep your motors.
I thought the point of changing something was so that you didn't lose any functionality anywhere but gained functionality
Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #15095
moco
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
moco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What kind of power band will I be looking at if I get a SR with GTX T28 550 injectors and Z32 maf my goal if to be 280-320
moco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #15096
s13 game-changer
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
s13 game-changer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just installed my 180sx tail lights.

ONE FLAW though. when i turn my headlights on at night and the tail lights are suppose to turn on as well but be dim and are bright when you press in the brakes... MY TAIL LIGHTS stay bright all the time. when i press the brakes nothing changes.

Last edited by s13 game-changer; 10-06-2013 at 05:27 PM..
s13 game-changer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #15097
salemboy19
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
salemboy19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thanks for the input guys
salemboy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #15098
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Magoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
I thought HICAS vehicles had an 'off' switch
If I had a nickle for every time I wished that... I could afford the lock bar and get rid of it ha!
Magoo1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #15099
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny92 View Post
Anyone here got recaro spg pole positions in their s13/s14? What seat rails are you guys using? cant seem to fit any of the bride ones and NZKW ones which are local to me sit way too high..
would like to know as well, i wanted to get the pole position also, but they are too wide for the bride FG rails, so im stuck on getting just the reg SPG profi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 game-changer View Post
just installed my 180sx tail lights.
ONE FLAW though. when i turn my headlights on at night and the tail lights are suppose to turn on as well but be dim and are bright when you press in the brakes... MY TAIL LIGHTS stay bright all the time. when i press the brakes nothing changes.
sounds like a wiring issue, double check it and check bulbs as well. Friend put in the wrong signal bulb for his front turn signal and made the light stay on.

OR it can be your "brake switch" lol
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #15100
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandriftingfat View Post

Like this, PBM midmount.
Mid mount works, so long as you don't want working headlamps, don't want AC, and are OK with a mediocre core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moco View Post
What kind of power band will I be looking at if I get a SR with GTX T28 550 injectors and Z32 maf my goal if to be 280-320
Which turbo are you looking to run?

FOr 320 max HP get a GT28RS

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #15101
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I have an S13 converted to RHD. Would I have any problem getting it insured or I just wont get a full coverage?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #15102
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
I have an S13 converted to RHD. Would I have any problem getting it insured or I just wont get a full coverage?
Why would it be a problem?

Insure your 240sx, like any other person. "have you converted this car to right hand drive?" is not a question they will ask, unless you say some stupid crap.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #15103
killer240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Why would it be a problem?

Insure your 240sx, like any other person. "have you converted this car to right hand drive?" is not a question they will ask, unless you say some stupid crap.
I don't know if it will be a problem or not, that's why I'm asking.
I'm basically asking for opinions/advice for someone who took the same road I am taking.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #15104
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Which turbo are you looking to run?

FOr 320 max HP get a GT28RS
He said GTX so gtx2863r?
Old 10-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #15105
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Unsure how California is, but doing modifications like that in other states requires special inspection at times. Just be aware of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
He said GTX so gtx2863r?
They do make a GTX2860 too, but I'm not sure it's worthwhile to even run a GTX that small when the 28RS exists (and is notably cheaper)

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy

Last edited by codyace; 10-07-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Old 10-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #15106
killer240
Post Whore!

^^ Did you quote that because that answers my question?
Old 10-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #15107
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
^^ Did you quote that because that answers my question?
Forgot to reply when I multi quoted, woop!

Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #15108
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I feel dumb for having to ask this but Id rather be safe than sorry. I'm finishing up my Sr swap and there is still some regular fuel in the gas tank. About an eighth of a tank or so. My question is, will it be harmful to fill the tank with premium and run it or do I have to drain the old regular out somehow? If I have to drain it, then how do I do that? Thanks in advance.
theStig880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #15109
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
I feel dumb for having to ask this but Id rather be safe than sorry. I'm finishing up my Sr swap and there is still some regular fuel in the gas tank. About an eighth of a tank or so. My question is, will it be harmful to fill the tank with premium and run it or do I have to drain the old regular out somehow? If I have to drain it, then how do I do that? Thanks in advance.
Unless the sr is pickier than I thought, just put some 93 in her and let her burn it.
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #15110
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Yep, fill it up with 93 and you should be fine.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #15111
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:

I have full coverage on mine with 0 problems or hassles. I'm in Florida tho, we like to play by different rules from the rest of normal society.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #15112
killer240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Unsure how California is, but doing modifications like that in other states requires special inspection at times. Just be aware of that.

yes I think I remember now. I found this place that does RHD conversions here in CA and I remember they give the owner of the vehicle a certificate.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #15113
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
so i bought some 80/85w halogen bulbs.

what extra wiring items do i need to run them?

stock harness isnt enough is it?
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #15114
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
for sr20det's blacktop s13, for the TPS can you use it off any other usdm cars?
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #15115
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
If it really makes you feel better, you can add a bottle of that local auto shop bought Octane Booster to boost up that 87 you put in the tank, but really, it's only since it is just a bottle of 'feel good' for ignorant people who don't know any better
Old 10-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #15116
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Should be okay. Stock setup I assume. Just fill it up with premium. All will be good. Don't know how long you had it sitting in there. Probably good idea to not do a lot of hard driving until that tank is empty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
If it really makes you feel better, you can add a bottle of that local auto shop bought Octane Booster to boost up that 87 you put in the tank, but really, it's only since it is just a bottle of 'feel good' for ignorant people who don't know any better
lol, what? Why would you tell him to get it but it just gives a placebo effect?
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #15117
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Magoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura aboutMagoo1222 has a spectacular aura about
quick question, is there a common spot on hatches where they leak? I've noticed that the carpet in my trunk area is wet after washing my car, but the weatherstripping is all still flexible and solid. perhaps an issue with how the tail lights seal to the body?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #15118
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
if youre really concerned about it, grab a hose and a bucket and start siphoning
Old 10-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #15119
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo1222 View Post
quick question, is there a common spot on hatches where they leak? I've noticed that the carpet in my trunk area is wet after washing my car, but the weatherstripping is all still flexible and solid. perhaps an issue with how the tail lights seal to the body?
If you're really concerned about it, grab a hose, start at one area at a time, checking to see if it leaks there and then so on.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #15120
Magoo1222
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
If you're really concerned about it, grab a hose, start at one area at a time, checking to see if it leaks there and then so on.
ಠ_ಠ not sure if partially trolling or...