Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
Blacksilvy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Blacksilvy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Blacksilvy Send a message via MSN to Blacksilvy Send a message via Yahoo to Blacksilvy
Amir's Datsun

Ive seen people asking about an sr20det into a datsun and thought this would be of some importance to some people.
I tried searching but couldnt find any references to his car so i figured id post up the link on it.

YouTube - Amir's 1974 SR20DET Datsun 260Z
Blacksilvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
xs240
BANNED

xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
VERY IMPRESSIVE. It seriously makes me want to get an s30 and swap over all my 240sx components (as mine is quite built).... just wow man wow.... totally in my favorites i wana keep watching it over and over MAAAAN I LOVE s30s.. ARGH.. its like a fetish LOL.

Just bravo.. bravo.... excellent machine... excellent!
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
BRAIN_Z33
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
BRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfectionBRAIN_Z33 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
HOLY WOW.

I'd give up BOTH my nuts and my left pinky for that car. No stone was left unturned. Every little detail about this car was amazing.

BRAIN_Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
mr.jdm
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mr.jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mr.jdm
nice setup. but metal bushings? f that
mr.jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I am getting the itch to get back to S30's.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
Blacksilvy
Leaky Injector

Blacksilvy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Blacksilvy Send a message via MSN to Blacksilvy Send a message via Yahoo to Blacksilvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs240 View Post
VERY IMPRESSIVE. It seriously makes me want to get an s30 and swap over all my 240sx components (as mine is quite built).... just wow man wow.... totally in my favorites i wana keep watching it over and over MAAAAN I LOVE s30s.. ARGH.. its like a fetish LOL.

Just bravo.. bravo.... excellent machine... excellent!
i hear that thought definatly it was the first thing i thought of when i found this video. im really tempted to do what u jus said cuz i can get a s30 that needs its floorboards replaced and an interior for only $800
Blacksilvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
I was just preaching this set up the other day to a friend that thought a RB was a good Idea for an old Z car.

Here in SoCal, we have that silver Z car with the SR in it. the leather dash with the orange stitching, and all the carbon fiber fender flares and parts.
I souldnt find a pic, i dont knwo what i did with them.
anyone hav a pic?
He is always at JCCS.
His car is amazing.
You should see that SR Z car handle on the auto cross track, amazing!!
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
ds13
Leaky Injector

ds13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownds13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownds13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownds13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownds13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
i have a chance to get a free 240z i think this just made up my mind
ds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
that car is amazing. i want an s30 so bad.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #10
berz
Zilvia Addict

berz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfection
gotta do it. that will be my next move onece my motor goes in my 70 z
Old 01-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #11
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Ollllllllllllllllllldddddd video... he sold the Z, that's why he made the video.

It is cool, I suppose, but mega high $$$. I think the 350z (or C5 Z06 for that matter) would be a much better platform for what undoubtedly was a $20k build.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #12
xs240
BANNED

^you suck.

The only difference I would do would be doing an LS v8 motor, so that the small lil SR wouldn't suffer from a high rpm power band and no low-mid end/lag. No replacement for displacement. Alot of the properly done V8 s30s are amazing on track.. unbeatable

Any more info on the project picture-info wise? Really awesome to look at
Old 01-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
its ok i guess... not my style
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:52 AM   #14
VQMaxFan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
VQMaxFan is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
lol wow he pretty much blatantly copied the exterior of the car from wangan midnight

I think the dash and not having door panels ruins a pretty well rounded car.
VQMaxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #15
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQMaxFan View Post
lol wow he pretty much blatantly copied the exterior of the car from wangan midnight

I think the dash and not having door panels ruins a pretty well rounded car.

just so you know there are not a million bodykits for the s30 and that look was really popular long before wangan midnight.

the s30 is my car that started my love for nissans but I dont think the little extra weight from removing the dash matters. if he would have gone rb, he wouldnt need a shit load of mods to make 400 hp, would not have as much lag, and wouldnt of had to worry about ditching all the weight, and having everything aluminum? my brother has a set of solid aluminum motor mounts and a tranny mount for an sr if anyone wants it, hit him up, he doesnt want it cause it shakes the holly hell outta everything, you the car, everything.

It would be like having sex with someone who is constantly hitting you, but then again some people like that.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:04 AM   #16
xs240
BANNED

^It would also be a shit load heavier with the RB. The only major disadvantage with the RB really is it's a much heavier iron block and its longer, while he basically achieved a midship engine position as with an s2000, excellent job imho. I mean by all means the RB makes serious power and sounds great but it should stay in it's original chassis where it was designed to be, not in cars which are going to be having a much heavier nose with one. Well everyone can try different things no doubt. From what I understand and agree with, his goal was not to just make a shooting bullet but something that can carve corners insanely and stop insanely as well... lots of things in mind. I actually love his interior/dash/etc... its purpose built and very well imo.