Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:17 AM   #751
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
May I ask what kinda floor sealer did you use on the garage and where u got it from?
Old 07-16-2015, 12:15 AM   #752
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR
Weight Reduction and Chassis Prep Phase 1

I cut out the holes and dimpled them leaving the swiss cheesed sheet metal rigid.

One hole aint do much, but many of them...still not much. Im pinching for lbs so everything will count in the end. I dimpled and drilled out a 1 1/2" hole, using a bolt driven die.

Brackets, reinforcement plates, and other miscellaneous bracing have been drilled out with a spot weld drill bit (not pictured). I drilled through to the outside several times, I will have to go back weld in what holes I made.

Once everything has been removed, I have began to remove all sound deadening, adhesives, and paint and primers. A heat gun was used for the deadening that was stubborn, and finished off with acetone and a lot of old microfiber cloths.

I started a small section with aircraft paint stripper, with all the crevices it was difficult to scrape off. Also, it was not effective at going through the layers of paint. The car was originally red then painted black, so thats 2 coats of primer and 2 of paint. I noticed the aircraft stripper was not strong enough to penetrate through the primers. I switched the method to mechanical, scotch brite pads have been effective in the past but on a larger scale, using the large pads on an angle grinder. I used only 4 pads to get it to the stage pictured above, 4 pads @ $5.00 each. Left a very clean and smooth finish without warping or damaging the metal, I will finish the the rest with brush on aircraft stripper.

Factory gas tank removal, theres a little fuel remaining so for safety I have removed it.

The spare tire well will not be needed, It will give me a better view on how I want to mount the new fuel tank.

I will be rolling out a new trunk pan, but it will come after planning the fuel system and wing layout.

When Im finished this prep I will either begin to prep the cage for welding or Ill do the fuel system. I need to pickup a few things, a bead roller to do the floors, a tube notcher to notch the tubing for the cage and the fuel stuff.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:14 AM   #753
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
WOW amazing stuff. +1 for privateers! I cant wait to see the next steps. Plan on removing the drive' side hump on the floor so you can mount your seat better?

Keep it up man!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:53 PM   #754
skun

Trader Rating: (0)
skun is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Following this thread since you started it and every year this project goes better!!

One question about SSRĀ“s, the sizes you have was 18x9 +8, 18x10 +8 but they was specially ordered for you under your sizes specifications or maybe you used spacers?
Coz I can not find this sizes at SSR website

Thanks!!!
skun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #755
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looking good!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #756
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Sub'd. So happy this is back in my life.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:25 PM   #757
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Any New updates?
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #758
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotacotaco View Post
Any New updates?
Why you gotta bump the thread

I was exite for a sec
Old 01-17-2016, 12:26 PM   #759
lilcim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
lilcim is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I need to drive down from Quebec to see and hang S13 pals. OMG can't wait to see the next version of it.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:38 AM   #760
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
I am curious to see how this is progressing or if it was parted/sold like the rest of the interesting builds on here.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:44 AM   #761
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblesh85 View Post
I am curious to see how this is progressing or if it was parted/sold like the rest of the interesting builds on here.
He still has it. Plugging away as life allows if I am not mistaken. But if you had a couple of Porches to play with, would you want to work on this? lol

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:55 AM   #762
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
Why you gotta bump the thread

I was exite for a sec
This! and yes I know I'm not helping either
ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #763
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
But if you had a couple of Porches to play with, would you want to work on this?
Yeah cause either way i can't afford even shitty porsche parts haha.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #764
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
He still has it. Plugging away as life allows if I am not mistaken. But if you had a couple of Porches to play with, would you want to work on this? lol

Me personally ? Yes I would... But that's me. (Keep in mind I LOVE Porsche)
But there is a certain satisfaction you get from a fun well rounded, hell even a rough(not shit box or fanboi car) s chassis. Not a lot of other cars offer that level of unrefined pleasure as an 240/sil-what have you.

Either way, people need to finish what they start. Or don't post in the first place. If you start a nice build, finish it. Don't get everyone's hopes up.

Anyway end of rant.... Update thread please.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote