Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
S14 water neck to turbo question

quick question, Im looking to see if anyone has pics of their setup. Was told you can just run the coolant line from the turbo to the S14 water neck. Also going to cut the pipe that runs to the back of the head and loop a hose around to clean it up. however i google'd and couldn't find any pictures at all, any help would be much appreciated!
doridoridori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
its exactly true...you need the s14 lines to do it...but just get a u shapes hose from autozone same size as the heater core lines, cut the metal line at the corner of the block (back side of course) and hook up the lines!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'll take pictures of my setup when I get home if I remember, but it's best to just buy your own braided line and fittings to make your own stuff. It's not very hard and it'll fit MUCH better than anything you buy off the shelf. Also, instead of looping the coolant lines behind the block you can just cut off the bend that goes back there and run it straight to the heater fittings on the firewall.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
its exactly true...you need the s14 lines to do it...but just get a u shapes hose from autozone same size as the heater core lines, cut the metal line at the corner of the block (back side of course) and hook up the lines!
cool i have a u shaped one i was running on the back just going to cut the pipe then move it over, do you absolutely need a bead on the end of the pipe after i cut it or can i just clamp the u hose down tight?
Old 02-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #5
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
I'll take pictures of my setup when I get home if I remember, but it's best to just buy your own braided line and fittings to make your own stuff. It's not very hard and it'll fit MUCH better than anything you buy off the shelf. Also, instead of looping the coolant lines behind the block you can just cut off the bend that goes back there and run it straight to the heater fittings on the firewall.
yea i have braided lines already just wanted to see pics of another setup as reference. i had the braided coolant line from the source on the block but i assume after moving it to the waterneck i can just use a bolt to block it off. lmk when you can send pics, thanks again ! also i dont have a heater.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:06 AM   #6
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
This is my water line setup on my S13 SR. I modified the neck to have a male -6 AN fitting where you'd have a fitting on the S14 and ran the other line right into the water feed on the side of the block.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #7
gaz_moose
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gaz_moose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im sure the metal pipe that runs round the back goes to the rear of the inlet mainifold,to provide heating to it. you can simplify the route a bit by eliminating this part.
gaz_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:51 PM   #8
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
This is my water line setup on my S13 SR. I modified the neck to have a male -6 AN fitting where you'd have a fitting on the S14 and ran the other line right into the water feed on the side of the block.

perfect thanks a lot! meant to reply been working a bit, finally got to putting the engine back together tonight, this will be one of the last things i do before dropping it in the car
Old 02-19-2018, 11:33 PM   #9
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz_moose View Post
im sure the metal pipe that runs round the back goes to the rear of the inlet mainifold,to provide heating to it. you can simplify the route a bit by eliminating this part.
exactly what i did, eliminated what i didn't need to make things simple
Old 03-02-2018, 08:41 AM   #10
nissansrdub
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
nissansrdub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S14 water neck to turbo question

I used my s13 sr hard lines and got a banjo bolt and fitting plugged that into the s14 water neck. Loosened the s13 hard line and ran it under the manifold. I’ll take pictures tonight if I remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nissansrdub; 03-02-2018 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: Added pictures
nissansrdub is offline   Reply With Quote