Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Wheels & Tires

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Post WHEEL NAME, SIZE, WIDTH, OFFSET and PCD in your thread title!

MAKE SURE you include size and PCD in title.
Example:
Longchamp XR4-Z 16x7.5 +7 4x114.3 set of 4, no tires.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2006, 10:57 PM   #2
mrmephistopheles

If you fail to include this info, I'll delete your thread.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:58 PM   #3
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
+ 1

... and the only apparent exception to this rule is OE nissan, infiniti wheels, I will only spare threads lacking this information if there are OEM or several sets of wheels being sold.

And I write too!
Old 05-14-2006, 04:56 PM   #4
SR240Z
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
SR240Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i included this info into my thread the 2nd time and yet you still deleted it, please explain
Old 05-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
mrmephistopheles

negative. You failed to mention PCD in the title. You wrote out diameter width and offset, but not PCD.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #6
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zero.counter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles
negative. You failed to mention PCD in the title. You wrote out diameter width and offset, but not PCD.
Out of curiosity, is the reasoning behind this rule due to an overwhelming amount of complaints concerning the wheel info or lack therof? Or is this a personal disliking a.k.a. pet peeve?

I was just wondering. Thanks
Old 05-14-2006, 05:59 PM   #7
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Its probably because its the #1 questions people ask about threads lacking such information...

and it'll make everything easier for everyone on the boards..
EDIT: What's PCD?
Old 05-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #8
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero
Its probably because its the #1 questions people ask about threads lacking such information...

Pitch circle diameter.
AKA the diameter of the lug bolts (114.3mm or 100mm) and the # of bolt holes.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zero.counter
Quote:
Thanks Mr.mrmephistopheles! After seeing how the info can be of value...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles
Pitch circle diameter.
AKA the diameter of the lug bolts (114.3mm or 100mm) and the # of bolt holes.
...I understand now. Thanks again!
Old 05-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #10
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Psssh, I totally set that up on purpose..
Old 05-15-2006, 11:54 AM   #11
SRkouki
Zilvia Member

SRkouki can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to SRkouki
my thread got locked because of this worthless rule u guys are like nazis on this forum its fucking ridiculous. why would i need to put the lug pattern on the title when the wheel is only available in 1 lug pattern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"A wise man sees failure as progress"
-Canibus
Old 05-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #12
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
^Bandwidth costs money, and if you have a bunch of people asking questions about your stuff it clogs up the site, take longer to load, get it? Reguard less if a wheel only comes in one bolt pattern somone will ask...Trust me.
Also you might want to be careful who you mouth off to.

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Old 05-15-2006, 12:18 PM   #13
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRkouki
my thread got locked because of this worthless rule u guys are like nazis on this forum its fucking ridiculous. why would i need to put the lug pattern on the title when the wheel is only available in 1 lug pattern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not everyone knows that your specific wheel comes in 1 lug pattern.
There are 4 lug and 5 lug people on here looking for rims.

Its a courtesy. Have it.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #14
SRkouki
Zilvia Member

SRkouki can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to SRkouki
well if the mods could have left my origional post people would have seen it said it was 5 lug in the description. and why not just post a reply with a link to this thread??? why delete the whole post i made so i can not even copy paste it into a new thread....

"A wise man sees failure as progress"
-Canibus
Old 05-15-2006, 04:36 PM   #15
mrmephistopheles

Read the title of this thread until you get the concept that I want that info IN THE TITLE.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to alkemyst
I would add fender mods to that as well. Some people are ok pulling a fender out an inch, some don't want to even flatten the pinch rail.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:35 PM   #17
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst
I would add fender mods to that as well. Some people are ok pulling a fender out an inch, some don't want to even flatten the pinch rail.
Fender modification depends on the tire size that YOU choose to run. (Depending on offset and width.) I never tell people what's required to run wheels that I sell.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #18
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to alkemyst
Well my point was since we are asking for all the details, why not include that with X tire size. We all know different tire sizes, wheels sizes, and offsets will mean different problems or fits...but once you have all the details for a particular application it's more helpful.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #19
mrmephistopheles

It's because wheels are permanent (mostly). You can change tire sizes any old day of the week. Also, the seller might know how it applies to their chassis, but not other chassis. Instead of requiring specific subjective information, all we're requiring is what is (usually) stamped on the wheel.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #20
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If we're selling more than two kinds of wheels, there should be an exemption given. For example, I am selling four different styles of wheel in two sizes and with four different offsets. Including all of this AND the fact they are four-lug is literally impossible, and I cannot include the fact that I am selling wheel spacers as well. I have to exclude pertinent selling information to include pertinent selling information? Lame.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #21
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
I do not know why this thread remained open, the rule stands and not open to discussion, if it is subject to be changed, we will delete the thread, simple as that.

And I write too!
Old 12-23-2006, 10:29 PM   #22
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Arguments on the merits of this rule led to me spending some time explaining why we simply lock threads that violate and not PM the member and all that nonsense. That discussion led to the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Locking the thread is one CLICK that comes with posting, watch this:

Simple enough?
Compare that to doing it this way:
First, I click here, which shows me this new drop down,, where I must now click "Delete Thread":

And now I must select HOW I want to delete it, I can "soft" delete it, showing users that there was a thread there, or I can "physically remove" it, which makes it seem like it never happened. See here:

But wait, NOW I have to initiate a PM to a user who might have a problem with their thread being locked, so I must scroll back to and click their name, as in:

Now I have to go fully to the motions of titling and typing a private message to the user explaining what happened to their thread...

My issue, here, is that in that PM, I will GLADLY include a link to the thread that reasoned my locking/deleting their thread, but in the time it took, I now have to take the same action with 5 more.
-OR-
I can simply copy the link, paste it into every offending thread accompanying the post with which I lock the thread, then move on to the next.
The graveyard it frequently creates is FAR more effective than deleting them and holding their hands, almost as if to reward them for ignoring what was in a sticky at the top of the very forum they posted in.
Quote:
But Phlip, it won't let ME edit my own thread title, what am I supposed to do? This rule is STILL unfair to me, as the sun rises and sets out of my ass and you guys are out to get me!!!
You may thank the immaturity of those before you for us removing the ability to retitle a thread from the users.what you do is:
  1. Find a moderator or admin (mod names are bold red, admin are dark red), preferably one that is online.
  2. Send him (or Lisa) a PM, be mindful of the fact that you ARE dealing with real human beings with real jobs, families and lives, approach as such.
  3. Include a link to your thread to make it easiest.
  4. State what it is you need added/changed

And I write too!
Closed Thread