Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #61
Revolver Ocelot
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Revolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Revolver Ocelot
^ That would be pretty bad ass if you could get it to work.
Revolver Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #62
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashizslick
My guess is its some stupid regulation that prevented it.

i doubt that

im sure its easy to work, just swap into a kouki car
or give it to me. haah
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #63
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
No, it would only work in my car.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:54 PM   #64
krustindumm
Zilvia Junkie

krustindumm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
i doubt that

im sure its easy to work, just swap into a kouki car
or give it to me. haah

definitly not some regulation since GTP's have had it since then.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:01 AM   #65
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles

I have a full set of those for Lisa's car (front & rear), just chilling in our storage room.
+1.

Except I have them in my car. Full set.

A friend of mine has the fronts...

They're not all that rare, IIRC. They come up on eBay quite often.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:23 AM   #66
Dopefish
Zilvia Junkie

Dopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Dopefish
Corrections to the S14 seat change around... The S14 has gone through many changes to the seats in appearance over its four year run, here is a partial list of the changes I found... some images I dont have available so I cant varify accuracy from that.

Base: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sx/240sxC2.jpg
SE: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Base: http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/uplo...487_115224.jpg
SE: http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/06/3f/4e/27_12.JPG

Base: http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/f0/c5/58_1.JPG
SE: I believe this to be the same as the 1995 SE cloth.

Base: I believe this to be the same as the 1997 base cloth.
SE: I believe this to be the same as the 1995 SE cloth.

Cream leather that was kinda rare: http://i4.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/1a/b0/7b_12.JPG

~Kris
Old 02-21-2006, 10:55 AM   #67
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection

my interior:

notice the door insert is the same as the top picture.

i guess my interior is creme, not titanium huh? thats weird. howcome this 'cream' color isnt listed on that color chart?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #68
Dopefish
Zilvia Junkie

Dopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really niceDopefish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Dopefish
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7

my interior:

notice the door insert is the same as the top picture.

i guess my interior is creme, not titanium huh? thats weird. howcome this 'cream' color isnt listed on that color chart?
Is your car for sale on e-bay? I nabbed that last pic from e-bay and it is identical to your first image.

Okay, so there is the creme color (Yours), the black color (Mine), what exactly does the 'Titanium' look like? I dont think I've ever seen any other color leather than mine and your creme in a S14. Anyone have a pic of the titanium?

~Kris
Old 02-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #69
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
nope, not mine for sale. mine's got 44k on it, the seats are mint, just filthy. the one on ebay is over 100k i think. and isnt it a 98? but whatever.

i just assumed mine was titanium.. i guess ive never seen titanium either. according to this:

my 97 ultra red... it obviously isnt black or cloth. i assumed it was the titanium. makes me wonder what else this chart is missing.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:19 PM   #70
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
^That's an aftermarket switch. Doesn't count in this Easter Egg hunt.
Negatory. It runs into an OEM harness labeled "Valet Override" and comes with a red led near the power mirror controls.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:58 PM   #71
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
I saw a purple-ish looking zenki with a pin stripe down the length of the car.

Does that count? Sorry, I didn't have a camera on me.

I'm 100% sure it was OEM pin stripe.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:17 AM   #72
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192
Negatory. It runs into an OEM harness labeled "Valet Override" and comes with a red led near the power mirror controls.
You're kidding right?
1. S13s never came equipped with alarms or keyless entry, hence NO POSSIBLE NEED FOR A Valet Override.
2. That blank switch panel has had a hole drilled thru it to accept that toggle. OEM Nissan doesn't gay stuff up like that.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:39 AM   #73
Revolver Ocelot
Zilvia Addict

Revolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of lightRevolver Ocelot is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Revolver Ocelot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero
I saw a purple-ish looking zenki with a pin stripe down the length of the car.

Does that count? Sorry, I didn't have a camera on me.

I'm 100% sure it was OEM pin stripe.
My old Zenki was Concord Grey(only available in 95) and it had a factory pin stripe along the side. It was pretty dam ugly.
Revolver Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:18 AM   #74
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
had an emrald green zenki w/ a pinstripe down the side, it was like a cream color....hated that crap
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:38 AM   #75
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
95 emerald blue.

also had a pinstripe, but it was actually two. one was a light greenish blue color and the other was white.

i also had black rubber fender liners.

no clue if they were OEM.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #76
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Damn, so I guess the pin-stripe wasn't all that rare..
Old 02-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #77
suhster85
Zilvia Junkie

suhster85 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an OEM pinstripe on my car
Old 02-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #78
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
YES!!
I can finally shed some light on the whole Silvia club's thing.

Starting with the SR20 equipped Silvias, Nissan released the "Art Force" editions. One was oriented towards performance (the Silvia Club's) whereas another was centered on luxury, (the Silvia Diamond's). The Club's could be ordered on any hardtop Silvia, the J's,Q's,or K's, while the Diamond's could be had on all those models, and when the limited edition Silvia convertible came out, it is rumored that the Diamond's package was standard.
I don't know yet what specific parts seperated the packages except what I have already said.

The badges were different from the standard badges, as they were chrome, and had a little diamond or club as part of the badge. The diamond's badge is easy to get, which is ironic, as most ppl don't know the diamond's package existed.
Here's a K's diamond badge:

and here's the cover of the Silvia Art Force editions brochure:
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:29 PM   #79
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
^^^ whoa, never knew that one. i remember someone posting a scanned copy of the chuki 180sx parts catalog. i wonder where it was...
Old 02-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #80
Cashizslick
Zilvia Junkie

Cashizslick can only hope to improve
Thats hott - I never knew that either.

Hopefully somebody can clue us in on the differences between the Silvia Club & Diamond Packages . . . .
Cashizslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:42 PM   #81
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
heres a interesting link, has what looks to be screen shots of jdm silvia commercials, starting with the s12 and includes the s13 "art force" which is cool, lotta pics.
http://car-cm.zdap.jp/nissan/silvia.htm
iwishiwas-all* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:42 AM   #82
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwas-all*
heres a interesting link, has what looks to be screen shots of jdm silvia commercials, starting with the s12 and includes the s13 "art force" which is cool, lotta pics.
Nice find. I've seen most of those except for the last two S15 ones.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #83
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Quote:
You're kidding right?
1. S13s never came equipped with alarms or keyless entry, hence NO POSSIBLE NEED FOR A Valet Override.
actually meph, jspec.com was selling one a 95 180sx
a while ago with a oem keyless entry system, atleast sam posted pics of it, so hehe mabe they did at one point.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #84
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Art Force is such a dope name.

This thread is just another reason why I love this car.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #85
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
I found a real Silvia Club K's at a local shop.
It had no front end on it, but from what I could tell by checking it out, here are some specifics on this particular car:
Club K's emblem (Chrome with black K's, and small black clubs to the left of the K's. The word "clubs" is in red below the clubs logo.)
silver Twin cam turbo intercooler script on black trim below K's emblem
Gold Silvia trunk badge
Digital climate control
tweed-like standard interior with adjustable headrests.
no sunroof
teardrop alloys
slightly lower ride-height (doesn't appear to be aftermarket)
SR20 Silvia K's trunk wing.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:18 AM   #86
m072514
Zilvia Junkie

m072514 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to m072514
Quote:
awesome find!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #87
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
wow, interesting stuff here. this thread gets 5 stars from me.
Gnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:22 PM   #88
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Quote:
actually meph, jspec.com was selling one a 95 180sx
a while ago with a oem keyless entry system, atleast sam posted pics of it, so hehe mabe they did at one point.
Oh snap! You're 100% right.
I should've specified USDM S13s never came with that.
The system on that 180sx was stock. The key fob had a little IR transmitter (like a remote control) which was received by a little 1.5" high doodad up on the corner of the dash on the drivers side (JDM driver side).
I remember trying to get in to the car and being unable to because I was using the fob like it was transmitting a radio signal. I gave up and used the damn key.
That was a nice 180.
Here's a pic I took of it one night:
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:35 PM   #89
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (-1)
nissantuner22 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantuner22
question on S13 seats/ interior. I have dark black/ dark grey seats. Its a sort of swirly design, hard to describe. I've never seen it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? how popular was that?

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

"on the tounge... there is no guardrails."- citizen
nissantuner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #90
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Oh snap! You're 100% right.
I should've specified USDM S13s never came with that.
The system on that 180sx was stock. The key fob had a little IR transmitter (like a remote control) which was received by a little 1.5" high doodad up on the corner of the dash on the drivers side (JDM driver side).
I remember trying to get in to the car and being unable to because I was using the fob like it was transmitting a radio signal. I gave up and used the damn key.
That was a nice 180.
Here's a pic I took of it one night:
mr meph that was your car!?!?!?!
I was seriously thinking about buying it. oh man, got any more lol sending em to sam