Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-01-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
MapleK

Trader Rating: (1)
MapleK is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ka24de Emissions Delete. What all you can remove!

First and foremost, my name is Kevin, and I just joined zilvia.net. Hopefully the low post count doesn't fool you and this can shed a little insight on questions around getting rid of the rats nest under that intake manifold! When researching to see what all can be removed and blocked off I found some varying info so I'm making this thread to share my experience. Figure this is as good an intro thread as any...

I have a fairly stock 95 ka24de s14 Im planning on boosting this winter and, fortunately for me, Ohio doesnt have crazy smog testing or any emissions testing for that matter so I decided to go ahead and see how much bs I could delete off and around the intake manifold. This was on a s14 intake manifold and my car doesnt have a/c and I obviously wouldnt recommend doing this if your state does do emissions testing. Turns out you can essentially get rid of everything haha. I deleted my egr valve, all the aicv stuff, tapped and pluged my pcv ports on the upper manifold, also removed all the coolant lines and junk and ran my heater core hoses straight off the block. Literally, the only ports left on the manifold are two vac lines, one for the brake booster and one for the fpr. I did have to adjust the set screw on the throttle body to allow the butterfly valve to stay slightly open to idle but after starting it up cold and giving it a little throttle for 10-20 seconds it idles smooth around 8-900 rpms. Overall, Im happy with the result. If definitely cleans up the engine bay a bit and hasnt affected driving at all. I want to even say my throttle response feels better and the car is breathing better but that may just be me. Anyway here are a couple shitty pics...

Back of the lower manifold. You can see the store bought egr block off plate and two home made block off plates for the aicv stuff.

Still have to relocate the battery and run a intake and clean up some wiring but its looking much better

Im sure I will get some mixed reviews on this and I will try and post up some better pics. Also of the runners, upper intake manifold where I tapped and plugs the pcv ports. All I used was a 3/8"6 tap and used 4 1/2" bolts and thread tape to close them up. Anyways, I hope this can help someone and would love to hear any additional input or questions.

Last edited by MapleK; 10-01-2014 at 11:34 AM..
MapleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links