Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
RHDAmerica
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (13)
RHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
how do you tune a greddy E01 HELP!!!

title says it all I have a greddy e01 on my s14 trying to boost an rb25 and I have the entire setup already installed and ready to go just need some help tuning the thing, feel free to pm me here or hell txt/call 928-240-2398 thanks anyone who can help on this Billy
RHDAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
RHDAmerica

RHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of lightRHDAmerica is a glorious beacon of light
oh by the way I have 740cc inj. gt35r and i'm looking to boost like 13-14 low and say 17-19 hi lemme know thx.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Z U L8R
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Z U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond reputeZ U L8R has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
billy,

you tuning your own car and asking this question is not going to end well......

you need to take ur car to a professional and have it tuned on a dyno before cranking up the boost and blowing your shit up.

Dave
Old 03-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
RHDAmerica

car is being tuned at a pro. shop. its just that no one knows how to tune the greddy e01.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
vortxxe

Trader Rating: (0)
vortxxe will become famous soon enoughvortxxe will become famous soon enoughvortxxe will become famous soon enoughvortxxe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dude, download the E01 manual... its pretty straightforward.

If your pro shop can't set your boost controller, its time to find a new shop. If they can't do that, there no way in HELL i would trust them to tune your engine.

From what i recall, the E01 has 3 perameters you set: Set, Gain, and i think duty. Unlike some other boost controllers, it doesnt have the option of typing in a boost level in psi, and letting the boost controller figure out the other perameters.

Gain will bring boost on more agressively, but too much gain will result in boost spikes.

The other two numbers will decide what psi you will see. Honestly its been a while since i've played with one of these so i dont remember exactly what the other values do in relation to eachother... but its pretty basic if you take a quick browse through the manual.

ps: low and high boost is a waste of time. Just set up one boost level,the level your engine is safe to, and call it a day.
vortxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
^^^ Ergh... Yeah......

Something like he said... It does have a auto learn feature like all other boost controllers...

Ergh hi lo settings does matter unlike other boost controllers out there, why you ask? because you can wire the E01 into your VSS and have different boost settings at different speeds.... Works really well in road race course and helps response in larger car turbos....

Probably the best controller out there on the market but I would think the EVC5 is really good too.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
RHDAmerica

ok heres the settings I'm at and what boost I achieved from them

set--20
gain--10
start--12

and I hit a peak boost of 9.3

where should I go from there to achieve higher boost settings. thx.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
RHDAmerica

*edit ok those were wrong, I had boost controler unhooked and was running only spring so thats why the boost was so low, anyway hooked everything up and it seams like fuel cut or something is wrong for sure its really acting weird.