Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
pvtdynamite

Trader Rating: (0)
pvtdynamite is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Are aftermarket "high performance" front sway bar end links worth it?

Hey everyone! Workin on a full resto/mod build of Darla (my s13 hatch... 93 for those that care). I'm currently stitch/seam welding EVERYTHING. After that I will be working on suspension on a tight budget. I plan on mostly drivin' her on the street so I'm lookin' for maximum GRIP
I have chopped and welded knuckles with 5 lug conversion and z32 brake kit. I also have polyurethane bushings and aftermarket coilovers (I don't wanna say what brand because I don't want u to hate me).
I plan on boxing my LCAs and build my own nismo power brace. I will also be installing a strut tower rod.
My front suspension is in pretty good condition so I have the "if it ain't broke don't "replace" it mentality." The only thing is my end link bushings are fucked.
My question to you is... Should I replace the bushings (if so, factory or polyurethane? Or should I replace the whole end links ( if so what brand?) I would really like to hear from people that have experience with aftermarket set ups but all opinions are welcome... Thanks guys and gals!... Here's a pic of Darla as she sits
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (321.6 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by pvtdynamite; 09-21-2014 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: Attention
pvtdynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
Drifting Kalamari
Zilvia Member

Drifting Kalamari is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are using the stock bar, don't worry about upgrading the endlinks. Get new OEM and poly bushings (they are cheap).

Get adjustable end links if you get aftermarket sway bar with the extra holes for adjustment.

GL, and can't wait to see more!
Drifting Kalamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:19 AM   #3
pvtdynamite

Thanks... I'll probably get polyurethane bushings then... There's nothing wrong with the factory bar so no point in replacing it. I was already content with the way it handled. With all the other mods I'm doing, I don't see the point in in upgrading sway bars. I should see a considerable difference over how it was when I disassembled it (completely factory)
Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Anything that removes slop is an upgrade, especially on your old ass car.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
pvtdynamite

Thanks

Thanks kalamari... I'll be posting pics as I go along. I'll also do a build thread when I'm done
Old 10-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #6
seagrasser
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
seagrasser is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you don't have a rear sway bar, that is where I would invest. As others have said, if you aren't upgrading the front sway bar, factory link is fine. Go poly and call it a day.