Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
driftage240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftage240
Product Review - Circuit Sports Engine Mounts

Hey Zilvia

Just wanted to do a little review of the new Circuit Sports engine mounts.

Just a little history for my own credibility, Ive ran stock, stock filled, nismo, cusco, and now Circuit Sports engine mounts. These are not for the weak at heart or the daily driver type. These HOLD your motor in place and keep it there. The CS mounts are solid poly urethane with a HRC-80 hardness rating and drop the motor slightly lower than stock for a better center of gravity. These mounts can take a beating, especially because they have a center sleeve through the mount, which prevents them from sagging like other mounts similar to these. They also include 2 beefy washers on each side to keep the mount rigidly in place.

Install is a breeze, took me a 6 pack a beer and 4 and a half cigs, along with an hour of my time to finish.

My ride is full FINISHED and PAINTED kouki hatch full race gt30 450+ hp blah blah blah and the mounts can take me driving like a jack ass with 2 step drag launches, granny shifting, and blowing your grandmas supercharged buick away. Oh...they also fit on both sexy SRs and kick ass KAs

some pics for ya'll

in comparison to the cuscos they replaced

I call BS!!

Misty blu is coming 4 you!
driftage240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
These are not for the weak at heart or the daily driver type.
Why is that?
SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
LifePlazaCircuit
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
LifePlazaCircuit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNTi View Post
Why is that?

stiff/vibration etc
Old 12-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #4
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNTi View Post
Why is that?
assuming cause the center sleeve (similar to a solid bolt running through) would transfer tons of the motor vibrations causing annoying things like dash rattle and excessive shaking.

I could be wrong
Old 12-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #5
driftage240
Post Whore!

driftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfectiondriftage240 is close to perfection
They're for people who want there motor planted.. Vibration is the strongest below 1500 rpm.. However I'm on a staggered 264in and 272ex cam set up so my idle is rough.. After that there pretty sweet, 2 of my other friends have this set up ” drift_majic“ and “hardest240owner“ on ur typical sr swap with t28 and the vibration is substantially less.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #6
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
Phase2motortrend FTW... CS is part of their production line and they are high quailty parts!
pink godzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
That's a very shitty mount design. Just a single bolt through a chunk of polyurethane? Enjoy your rattling teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
So why did you replace your Cusco mounts with these, out of curiosity? I have the Cusco mounts and those make quite a bit of vibration as well. Any reason you dropped them for a cheaper product?

I have had terrible luck with Circuit Sports parts, aside from the exhaust hanger bushings. The coolant overflow fits like garbage, the badge fell off of it within ten minutes, and the hood damper kit didn't even make sense- I have no idea how it could actually work on the car without modification. Let alone the fact that parts were missing from the kit, and when I tried to get them, they sent me the wrong parts.

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but I will never buy anything made by C.S. again.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
That's a very shitty mount design. Just a single bolt through a chunk of polyurethane? Enjoy your rattling teeth.
Definitely agree.

Still say driftfreaq's motor mounts are better.

They keep the motor in place, oil pan clearance is great, and no rattling interior.

These mounts remind me of the ones from Nico. Plastic cup filled with Urethane, then stuck a bolt through it. Done and done. Nothing fancy there.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #10
chiboy002
Post Whore!

and why is one side threaded but the other size has the head? Shouldn't both have threads/nut?

Seems bad, might as well have gone solid mounts
Old 12-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
94spitfire91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
94spitfire91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
^ what he said im curious of that too oh and thats one sexy hatch you got there
94spitfire91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
driftage240
Post Whore!

Wh0aitznico thanks..

Camaryonbronze. Nice ride. I replace the cusco because they were blow had them for ages,the insulators were done. I've had nothing but good outcomes with C.S I like there stuff pretty neat.

@ crimsonrockett they don't just have a bolt molded into them, as they cure like Driftfreq mounts..They are drilled through and a metal sleeve inserted to prevent sagging like Daves mounts( I've replace them on 3 rides I've worked on) thanks

Chiboy002 and 94spitfire91 (glad u like the car)... Ok since the bolt is not molded into the mount as its curing,it would be rather difficult to install a full thread bolt with two nuts, so a single side bolt makes for easier install..
Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #13
D.Adams
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
D.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to D.Adams Send a message via MSN to D.Adams
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Definitely agree.

Still say driftfreaq's motor mounts are better.

They keep the motor in place, oil pan clearance is great, and no rattling interior.

These mounts remind me of the ones from Nico. Plastic cup filled with Urethane, then stuck a bolt through it. Done and done. Nothing fancy there.

Im with Crimson... driftfreaqs mounts are pure win...

whats the point of having a center sleeve through the mount why dont you weld up a solid mount out of some plate and it will be the same thing.

Plus we all know everything CS makes is pure shit.

The build
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...u-city-az.html

Owner of NVS Fabrications
D.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftage240 View Post
Chiboy002 and 94spitfire91 (glad u like the car)... Ok since the bolt is not molded into the mount as its curing,it would be rather difficult to install a full thread bolt with two nuts, so a single side bolt makes for easier install..
i see i see, thank you for the reply
Old 12-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this is a really great review, very detailed and insightful

i mean, its not everyday you see a review from someone with a painted 240, but his car even has over 450+ horsepower!!!

if i ever see your car out here in LA, i'm going to take a photo of it, then keep it in my wallet to cherish forever.

this thread should be made sticky.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

i mean, its not everyday you see a review from someone with a painted 240, but his car even has over 450+ horsepower!!!

if i ever see your car out here in LA, i'm going to take a photo of it, then keep it in my wallet to cherish forever.

Fucking Mike.

These are still pretty straight forward and easy to make though. Take the same concept I mentioned before, except this time you drill a hole through it and insert said metal sleeve.

Only reason these won't wear out as fast is because they're insanely hard urethane.

I have a set of driftfreaq's motor mounts on my brother's '97 S14. The very first ones to have come out actually. They were on a friend's S13 for over 100,000 miles (he commutes a LOT). After that, they were installed on another one of his S13's. When we parted out that car, we threw them on my brother's S14 to replace his shitty stock ones. Still hold the engine in place, still have great clearance, and still very comfortable to drive around with. Yes, they sagged a bit, but still have plenty of life left in them.

Like I said, these are pretty straight forward and easy to make. You could order some liquid urethane from Mcmaster.com and make these yourself for less.

Only real "benifit" from the CS ones is they'd be easier to install because of the design. Regular ones wouldn't take you much longer to install though.

You mentioned they sit lower than stock. How's your oil pan clearance? Another thing to think about since most people on Zilvia drive "slammed" cars.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #17
driftage240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

You should actually frame that picture and hang it over a fire place

Old 12-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #18
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What about the offset? If the bolts arent offset wont the engine mounts be forced to sit at an angle?
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #19
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftage240 View Post
You should actually frame that picture and hang it over a fire place
i would do it

but my wife wouldnt like looking at a shitty 240sx with circuit sport engine mounts
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #20
limited240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
limited240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
revive the old thread cause i just got a set.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #21
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I lol when people say "solid poly urethane".

Poly is NOT solid.

Xcessive Manufacturing solid mounts are solid.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote