Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #601
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nice! A few friends of mine are pilots. As soon as i get the free time, and my daughter is a little more grown,,, i am going to start training for my fixed wing license. One of my buddies has a Cirrus. The ones with the emergency parachute. Sweet plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGLX View Post
Just got back from IL. I was at the ITR Expo '09 at the lovely Autobahn Country Club south race track.

the track was fun, took about 3 sessions to really get some good laps down and then start to tweak specific corners for more speed. Slowly started picking up more and more speed in several corners when i severely flat spotted one of my already worn hoosiers. i mean through the corns down to the metal strands, it was nice. Luckily i come prepared with another set of wheel/tires and get the on the car and adjust the pressures accordingly. Go out for one hell of a session without the camera thinking i would put it in for my last session since that was with instructor/advanced combined and i would roll some serious honda's. Well i fried a front rotor because i went down to the rivets of my front RH pads, awesome right? days over, done for the event, only missed one session. Only 2 cars in my group i couldnt keep up with, a K20 powered CRX (245whp and 1800lbs wet), and a 350whp turbo RSX driven by some ex grand-am dusche. Was a great experience pushing the car harder and learning a new track while still trying to go fast.

wish i had gotten some video, would have been absolutely nasty to watch.

started getting my front wheel wobble back. I thin its time to change to non OEM front tension arms, make a fake power brace for the tension arm brackets. and buy the AL steering rack bushings. All that should fix the problem, and if not then i have some serious shit going on.
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #602
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Alright guys, long time since ive posted an update to tracking or car mods so here goes the catch up.

Switched out the damaged pads and rotors for new rotors and Carbotech XP12 pads up front. Installed a front tension arm brace and Battle version tension arms. All these changes deffinitly got rid of my previously aweful wheel shake. Rebalanced teh car after my last battery relocation, it handles very well now and i think i am actually going to step up my spring rates again to 12k/10k and raise the dampening.

Suspension alignment: -3.3* up front and -2* rear has actually helped plant the rear better in high speed corners and i am getting very even tire wear. Next even i will have temperature setup for recording results and see more there, otherwise i am very very happy with the setup, and no plans to change it any more.

Last event was a monday tuesday at Summit Point with Trackdaze.com, lots of track time, almost 4hrs total, not including extra sessions for instructors. I did 2 hrs monday and 1.5hrs tuesdy, then i was just tired from lots of heat and instructing, so i bailed early tuesday to relax and wake up. My overall laptimes are improving and my consistency is going way up. A few small areas i am running out of rpm's and too close to the next corner to upshift then downshift, so i may just have to deal with it and cruise and find a way to get more speed. The brake setup was amazing, the Carbotech's give a softer pedal feel than the Cobalt XR2's but brake just as well, the softer pedal leaves a little confidence building since they arnt as aggressive as the Cobalts, once you work past it tho they are amazing.

I have a few videos of clean laps chasing an STI and one of a crazy WRX that i keep up with then spins in front of me. Enjoy videos and feel free to critique, i take it all in stride and try new things at any event.

Summit Main 7/09 on Vimeo

Summit Main Trackdaze 7/09 on Vimeo

WRX video coming soon...

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #603
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Nice!

Quote:
Alright guys, long time since ive posted an update to tracking or car mods so here goes the catch up.

Switched out the damaged pads and rotors for new rotors and Carbotech XP12 pads up front. Installed a front tension arm brace and Battle version tension arms. All these changes deffinitly got rid of my previously aweful wheel shake. Rebalanced teh car after my last battery relocation, it handles very well now and i think i am actually going to step up my spring rates again to 12k/10k and raise the dampening.

Suspension alignment: -3.3* up front and -2* rear has actually helped plant the rear better in high speed corners and i am getting very even tire wear. Next even i will have temperature setup for recording results and see more there, otherwise i am very very happy with the setup, and no plans to change it any more.

Last event was a monday tuesday at Summit Point with Trackdaze.com, lots of track time, almost 4hrs total, not including extra sessions for instructors. I did 2 hrs monday and 1.5hrs tuesdy, then i was just tired from lots of heat and instructing, so i bailed early tuesday to relax and wake up. My overall laptimes are improving and my consistency is going way up. A few small areas i am running out of rpm's and too close to the next corner to upshift then downshift, so i may just have to deal with it and cruise and find a way to get more speed. The brake setup was amazing, the Carbotech's give a softer pedal feel than the Cobalt XR2's but brake just as well, the softer pedal leaves a little confidence building since they arnt as aggressive as the Cobalts, once you work past it tho they are amazing.

I have a few videos of clean laps chasing an STI and one of a crazy WRX that i keep up with then spins in front of me. Enjoy videos and feel free to critique, i take it all in stride and try new things at any event.

Summit Main 7/09 on Vimeo

Summit Main Trackdaze 7/09 on Vimeo

WRX video coming soon...
Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #604
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
UPDATE!!!

Summit Point Raceway Aug 22-23
Car had new brake pads and rotors for this event and i went back to my old used Hoosier R6's. The car performed wonderfully until i realized my brake booster wasnt working, my brake zones were long and i was using all kinds of back-muscle to get the car stopped. It was still fun being able to hang with vetts (group of 5) for about 7 laps in a row until they were actually in my way.

I have no video from the event, i had minimal down time between students and my track sessions so i couldnt put the camera in sadly.

My second session sunday i went out about 2 laps late with the Advanced (HPDE3) group and tried to catch up to my friends on track. I cought up to 3 of them and breezed right by and then tried to get to the fourth but could only get down to half a strait, 2 cars between us, before the session ended. It was great and they all came off track telling me that they were waiting for me to show up in mirrors for the whole session, great times negotiating traffic and adapting to a manual brake setup.

Last time on Summit this year, i went out for a last run with my HPDE1 student in his stock S14 with just coilovers and HP+ brake pads. Picking up lots of corner speed, adjusting lines and closing in on some form of consistency. Coming through T10 onto the front strait we came in a bit hot with a touch of an early turn in or maybe just a little too much speed. Driver put 2 left wheels off the pavement and tried to get back op on track. In an instant the car pitched 90* and shot back across track to the infield where we slammed into a tirewall in front of a concrete barrier. I hurt my chest pretty badly and went to the hospital for x-ray's, everything came back good, minus the bruises on my chest. Car is totaled, driver is fine, im bruised up and i lost my chatter box. All in all im happy to be ok and working out a way to get in touch with the driver to make sure hes taking it all ok.

Hoping for a speedy recovery, i feel like **** but its all aches in my chest.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #605
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Oh crap!!! Really? Shit.... man, chest things are scary cause compression and shock to the heart can be serious.... Man I am scared to ride in students cars.... When I had my HPDE instructor I had just came back from a tune and the car had MAD torque.... Spun off into the first turn... God I hate Infineon, I didn't go out with the group cause the instructor was late to my session because she was right before mine. So the 1st corner onto the track is uphill and blind corner behind me. SO Scary, I spun out, clipped the edge of the track with my tire and rim was gone. Day was over, sucks.....

After that I went to Laguna and that is the best track hands down. MY GOD you get the right line, late apex turn in, most corners can hold so much speed its nutz... I was always pegging 3rd and 4th... Staying with some z06's on 315's pretty good driver veteran on the track and it was my first time. Now its note to self, 1st session, turn off boost controller, 2nd session mid boost, 3rd session start settling on high boost. Stupid suspension is too stiff so it really pitches the chassis hard when I hit a bump.... Overall good times!

Hope you feel better! Keep this thread going cause I love reading about others experiences on the track... maybe next time I can rig something with an old camera to shoot the session....

Really sucks about your story, car did the EXACT same thing when I was at Laguna... 2 out side wheels dropped cause he went too wide, stupid guy was trying to keep me in the back like a race or soething. Front wheel comes on, he gases, shoots all the way across in front of me, luckily I slowed down when his wheel dropped.... And of course LAST session of the day... idiots come out.... I sometimes re-evaluate running the last sessions.... Cooling track temps, lost of grip, drivers trying to go for their hot laps, accidents happen.

Tech question, Have you run porterfield R4 the race pad? What you think compared what you use? What brake booster you using too?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #606
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post

Tech question, Have you run porterfield R4 the race pad? What you think compared what you use? What brake booster you using too?
I run Cobalt XR2 pads, never run Porterfield's before. My sponsor gets me cobalt and i love em, so i just keep using them.

My brake booster has actually been out for like 3 events this year, out as in not working for me. So i am debating just getting a stock S13 booster to throw in for my last event, or getting a Z32 booster to try and match the pedal/caliper setup. Ill post an update once i figure it out. With the booster not working i was still out braking alot of guys in my run groups, with the booster i will be able to brake in 2/3 the distance, its going to be nice.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #607
kognition
Premium Member

Are you using just the stock BMC?
I picked up a Z32 T.T. BMC that i have to install before next season.

Quote:
I run Cobalt XR2 pads, never run Porterfield's before. My sponsor gets me cobalt and i love em, so i just keep using them.

My brake booster has actually been out for like 3 events this year, out as in not working for me. So i am debating just getting a stock S13 booster to throw in for my last event, or getting a Z32 booster to try and match the pedal/caliper setup. Ill post an update once i figure it out. With the booster not working i was still out braking alot of guys in my run groups, with the booster i will be able to brake in 2/3 the distance, its going to be nice.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #608
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

I run a 1" Z32 BMC, the 17/16 made the pedal too stiff and less manageable in brake zones, more difficult to find brake limits with no pedal travel.

Odds are i will go with a S13 booster since i can get one super cheap and the brakes felt great before it went bad. Itll be done soon and then my event at VIR isnt until October so ill be able to make sure everything is good before i go all the way down there.

***FUTURE UPDATE***
This winter i will be doing a good bit of budget aero and wider wheels, wheels first since they are necessity. But the aero will be a frame mounted rear wing and well supported front splitter, those mods should yield me about 2 seconds faster after adjustments to throttle inputs with the added grip and stability.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #609
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

well the brakes will be a deff upgrade before more tracking next year, which setup i will ultimately go with.... i dunno yet.

See how dark it got out on track last session........

And darker....

a little video hat shows i was off my pace, and you can prolly tell where i was slower tho it sucks that traction with the old tires was a big issue.

Night time on Summit Point Main on Vimeo

Old 11-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #610
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
What breaks you have currently on that thing? I love the pictures, its so bad ass....
Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #611
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Z32 calipers
ATS Super Blue fluid
Cobalt XR2 race pads
Brembo blank rotors
Z32 1" BMC
new S14 auto booster (too soft of a pedal feel, replacing immediately)

Old 11-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #612
slider2828
Post Whore!

Have you ever tried R4 Race Pads from Porterfields? If so how do you think they compare?

I really need to get decent suspension, what are you running nowadays?
Old 11-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #613
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

never tried porterfirlds, my sponsor really pushes cobalts , so i stick with that since i like them so much when my tires and brakes are cooperating.

Suspension is Stance GR+ with 10k/8k springs

Old 12-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #614
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
been following this thread a while, love the pics and info thus far. Bout time for me to chime in, i've been drifting my car the whole time but now i'm setting up for a track day. Setup might not be optimal but it should be good for my first grip event.

18x10 +13 fronts, 265/35 pilot sport cups (pics are with kumho's i know), 19x10.5 +23 rear, 295/30 Toyo R888s.

right now the car has 380 wheel on 1.3 BAR so i know this tire setup might be a bit of overkill but i got em for free so why not? Brakes are Wilwood fronts, Z32 rears, S14 Auto brake booster with 17/16's BMC running Motul fluid. Suspension is stance GR+ Pro's with 9k/7k, might upgrade to 10k/8k before i realign and all that, couldn't hurt.

splitter clears tires at full lock, and is braced pretty damn well to chassis, goes all the way back to 1 inch past the steering rack for protection. Side splitters will need to be braced a lil better, but might help some as well. I have a diffuser (not pictured) that i'll have installed as soon as i make brackets and Dzeus fittings for it.

need to raise the car up a bit, re-align, and double check all my nuts and bolts but it should be a pretty fun day.

What are ya'lls thoughts?
Old 12-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #615
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

prolly going to be a ton of fun, be sure to spend your first lap or two warming up the tires alot, then ease into it and get used to the grip. those tires are not overkill for your power levels.

id say raise it up at least 1/2" all around, your springs are too soft and when the chassis wants to roll itll just ride the fender on to the tire and ruin the tires. For an S14 you will eventually want springs up around 12k/10k at least to reduce body roll enough to keep the car lower.

go have fun, listen toy our instructor as much as possible, they are there to make you fast.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #616
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
Nice! A few friends of mine are pilots. As soon as i get the free time, and my daughter is a little more grown,,, i am going to start training for my fixed wing license. One of my buddies has a Cirrus. The ones with the emergency parachute. Sweet plane.
once u go fling u get hooked my pops has a cessna 172 its amazing, landing it feels so good too!
godrifttoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #617
slider2828
Post Whore!

I have an S13 and I have 12/10's but on megans and are way stiff.... It isn't even balanced with teh damper levels.... crapppy I hate megan tracks..... I am thinking either save up for new coils or just get 10/8 springs. I am thinking doing the latter....
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #618
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
id say raise it up at least 1/2" all around, your springs are too soft and when the chassis wants to roll itll just ride the fender on to the tire and ruin the tires. For an S14 you will eventually want springs up around 12k/10k at least to reduce body roll enough to keep the car lower.

go have fun, listen toy our instructor as much as possible, they are there to make you fast.
yea i plan on raising at least 1/2" maybe almost an inch in the rear... dont want too much rake but i cant roll my fenders anymore without making them look like shit...

What alignment settings would you recommend? and pre-load the springs or no? if so how much?

yea i always listen to those with more experience, helps alot...

Quote:
I have 12/10's and hate them...

what kind? are they swift springs? what size height and diameter? i might wanna buy them or trade you...
Old 12-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #619
slider2828
Post Whore!

Nah they are just cheap megans.... 62mm rounds... its a weird size....
Old 12-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #620
RAMM
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RAMM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
What are ya'lls thoughts?
What's an estimate on the cars weight?

I think you should be golden with the 10/8k spring setup, if not then step it back down to the 9/7k. Personally just try out the 9/7k first and see how it is. No need to do extra work, to just switch back. My car felt really solid around turns on my 9/7k STANCE setup. I ran a silly tire combo too
245/45/17 RE01R's up front
275/40-17 R888's in the rear.

Suprisingly the RE01R's kept up with the R888's tenacious rear grip.
RAMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #621
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
yea i plan on raising at least 1/2" maybe almost an inch in the rear... dont want too much rake but i cant roll my fenders anymore without making them look like shit...

What alignment settings would you recommend? and pre-load the springs or no? if so how much?

yea i always listen to those with more experience, helps alot...
My alignment:

Camber -3.2*Front / -2.2* rear

Caster is OEM settings, due to tire clearance with bumper and fender

Toe 0 Front / 0 rear (reduces tire wear so you can get more life out of tires)

I wouldnt preload the springs, just tighten your lower perch enough so you can still turn the spring by hand.

I suggest the heavier springs because with a heavier car the chassis carries more weight up top and wants to roll more. The springs will help reduce that an improve steering response and your throttle inputs will be more predictable in chassis movement /rotation.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #622
slider2828
Post Whore!

Hey WhiteGLX, I can't wait to see you in action, when is the new stuff going in?

Also on camber 3.2 and 2.2, what width tires are you running? I am struggling a lot with mid corner and entry grip, exit grip is great.... Any suggestions?

Currently running 12/10 springs, which I really actually hate.... what do you think?
Old 01-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #623
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Hey WhiteGLX, I can't wait to see you in action, when is the new stuff going in?

Also on camber 3.2 and 2.2, what width tires are you running? I am struggling a lot with mid corner and entry grip, exit grip is great.... Any suggestions?

Currently running 12/10 springs, which I really actually hate.... what do you think?
The setup is going in soon, then i need to figure out temporary headers and exhaust till i can afford good stuff. Everything else is coming together nicely

i was running 245/45R16's with that camber setup.

Since im going to have 275/40R17's i will probobly need to dial the camber back in a little bit.

I run 10k/8k springs and i want to switch to 12/10 after i get the aero worked out so the suspension doesnt compress like crazy at high speed.

I likely wont be on track till early-mid march to give myself plenty of time to get everything done right and not cut any corners.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #624
millertm
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
millertm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need advice on what turbos the track guys are using for your SR20.

I've already collected a majority of my parts (550 injectors, PFC d-jetro, turbo lines) and now I need to pull the trigger on the turbo. For a long time I was stuck on the GT2871r .64, but the shop I'll be using says I might as well get the S15 turbo and don't expect much more than 300hp.

I would like a turbo with a little room to grow that I can be around 325hp. I just don't want to regret the purchase a year down the road. The shop then recommended the GT2871r .86, but said I would have to deal with lag issues.

What is the real deal on turbos? This is a track (random street) 240sx with 96' SR20 Blacktop. I wasn't planning on cams or internals. What is the best track turbo for this type of horsepower and correct response for racing?
Old 01-21-2010, 04:42 AM   #625
DJ PoW
Zilvia Junkie

DJ PoW is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DJ PoW
in my opinion millertm,

the gt2871r, wether its the .64 or .86 trim. you MORE THAN LIKELY wont see the big different in lag issues meaning it wont be a big issue. you should be fine with the .64 if your ultimate goal is 325. but it all depends on your head work too!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #626
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertm View Post
Need advice on what turbos the track guys are using for your SR20.

I've already collected a majority of my parts (550 injectors, PFC d-jetro, turbo lines) and now I need to pull the trigger on the turbo. For a long time I was stuck on the GT2871r .64, but the shop I'll be using says I might as well get the S15 turbo and don't expect much more than 300hp.

I would like a turbo with a little room to grow that I can be around 325hp. I just don't want to regret the purchase a year down the road. The shop then recommended the GT2871r .86, but said I would have to deal with lag issues.

What is the real deal on turbos? This is a track (random street) 240sx with 96' SR20 Blacktop. I wasn't planning on cams or internals. What is the best track turbo for this type of horsepower and correct response for racing?

If you really want room to grow with little lag go 2871 0.64
If you want ultimate higher power with more lag go with 2871 0.86
If you want optimal spool and response go with 28RS (S15) 0.64

I have been tracking my S15 turbo for 5 years and loved it, i keep it out of the laggy range 3200rpm and below, and it always spools up quickly and pulls to redline, with BC stg2 cams. I know you said you dont want cams, but if you get them they will be much appreciated on the track, those were a great difference for me, i picked up 40-50ft/lbs torque at the top end.

There are differences between the 2871 0.64 and 0.86, about 300-400 lag difference, and more power available for the 0.86 at higher boost levels.

S15 turbo maxes out around 300whp, but the 250-260 i was pushing for all those years was more than enough to learn with, more power would have meant more strain on the engine and less reliability. Have fun with lower power first, then turn it up after your used to it and enjoy more power later instead of being angry you cant put the power down due to having too much for the tires to handle.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #627
slider2828
Post Whore!

Depends on tracks you are going to run... Wow I don't believe i missed an update to this thread...

I in Norcal run long tracks, lots of long straights, so S15's probably will definitely run out of breathing room.... So went with HKS Step 1 264's to help keep low and mid end and the turbo an 2871R .86 for the top. Most tracks I am at 4500 - 5000 which is definitely at the area where there isn't any lag for both 2871R's.

But I have a very responsive setup, so I don't worry too much about it... Just keep stock exhaust and intake setup and you are set....

WhiteGLX: Do you have a rear wing? Or your rear stay's planted pretty well at high speeds? Cause my low speed cornering is very good.... Just high speed long sweepers I am not too confident in.....
Old 02-09-2010, 04:55 AM   #628
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Depends on tracks you are going to run... Wow I don't believe i missed an update to this thread...

I in Norcal run long tracks, lots of long straights, so S15's probably will definitely run out of breathing room.... So went with HKS Step 1 264's to help keep low and mid end and the turbo an 2871R .86 for the top. Most tracks I am at 4500 - 5000 which is definitely at the area where there isn't any lag for both 2871R's.

But I have a very responsive setup, so I don't worry too much about it... Just keep stock exhaust and intake setup and you are set....

WhiteGLX: Do you have a rear wing? Or your rear stay's planted pretty well at high speeds? Cause my low speed cornering is very good.... Just high speed long sweepers I am not too confident in.....

I am in the process of getting a rear wing and fabbing up a front splitter for the upcoming season. My problem was front end lift at high speeds around 150-160 the front would feel very unstable, this new aero should fully correct that.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #629
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13s definetely feel unstable past 140mph up front... hell even the rear if you strip it up... looking forward to your splitter setup... we're getting the same wings made by mike though
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #630
slider2828
Post Whore!

Hey Guys, just got back from the Track. Man the car has lots of power but now breaking is really sucking.... I have Porterfield RS4's and now thinking about Carbotech XP12... Do any of you guys know where I can get 300zx rotors pre-drilled for 4 lugs? Any help would be helpful....

Also at like 115+ I hear those loud droning in the rear... I wonder if it is exhause noise or is it something in the rear end.... Could it be wheel bearings or diff bearings? Can't hear it at 90MPH....

There is 3 bearings in the diff correct? two sides and one front... What do you guys think?