Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Clutch disengagement problem when cold

Car: '97 240sx
Engine: ka24de
Transmission: stock ka24de
Cluctch: Centerforce Dual Friction

So I get in my car, press the clutch pedal, start it and put it in gear no problem. I start driving and roll to the first stop in neutral. I press the clutch pedal and try to shift into first gear. It's really hard because the tranny is still spinning - wtf? I can force it in but I hate doing that.

I notice that after a long drive it's a lot easier to shift into 1st at a stop. I also noticed that hot or cold, it usually goes in easier after I very slowly depress the clutch pedal...pretty strange.

The clutch master is a somewhat new "Daiken" brand master and the slave is brand new from Napa. There are no visible leaks and I just bled it, which didn't help much at all. I also deleted the clutch damper.

I'm really considering just replacing the master and slave with nice OEM units, but I hate throwing parts at the problem when I'm not really sure if it will fix it. If anyone had a similar issue or has some input that would be great.

thanks!
spooled240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
I know this is a bump from the dead, but I finally fixed the issue and wanted to update this thread.

I recently swapped the old clutch out for a new Competition clutch "white bunny" clutch and had severe disengagement issues at first. Pulled the trans out a second time (fuck me, right?) and greased the input shaft(I didnt' the first time) and changed the pivot ball and clutch fork for good measure(also didn't do this the first time). Put it back together and the new clutch is functioning perfectly. Disengagement happens at the top of the pedal even with the proper amount of freeplay.

Grease your clutch and change the pivot ball and clutch fork! These components experience so much wear it's crazy not to replace them every time you do a clutch.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:09 AM   #3
DailySX

Trader Rating: (0)
DailySX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey props for updating with a conclusion. You have no idea how many times I search for a fix only to be left hanging or just find that it was "fixed. close thread".

I'll keep this tip in mind when I get to my trans in a few months. Curious, what type grease did you use? (does it matter?)
DailySX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #4
spooled240
Post Whore!

I used moly grease, but I believe you can use lithium grease as well. Just dont use too much on the input shaft as it may get flung onto the clutch disc. Make sure to grease the contact points of the pivot ball and fork. Those experience an insane amount of force and movement.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk