Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-30-2018, 09:40 PM   #42691
troskinatior
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
troskinatior is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
What are your wheel and tire specs?
Its 18x9.5 +10 with a 225/45/18 all around but I have 235/45/18s coming in tomorrow so those will be on real soon
troskinatior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2018, 12:26 PM   #42692
Ratpack_Chad
Zilvia Member

Ratpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the rough

Ratpack_Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:01 AM   #42693
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn.... black pants
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:42 AM   #42694
Driftin Tre
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Driftin Tre is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpack_Chad View Post
Dope Shit
Dude car is looking good!!! Missing mine..
Driftin Tre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #42695
cbeuglas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
cbeuglas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here is my s14. I have had it for over 10 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
cbeuglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #42696
Ratpack_Chad
Zilvia Member

Ratpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftin Tre View Post
Dude car is looking good!!! Missing mine..
Thanks buddy! I'm sure driving around that R32 can't be too bad haha
Ratpack_Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:57 PM   #42697
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:39 AM   #42698
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Lol...motherfuckers. I wanna read that article. WTF about this car specifically caters to women?
Old 02-06-2018, 08:48 AM   #42699
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Secretary's car....
http://www.autonews.com/article/1996...-end-for-240sx

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:50 AM   #42700
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
So, all the secretary's car talk over the years was just the result of Nissan being too poor at the time to market the s14 to the performance crowd, so some dumbfuck in marketing said, "Hey let's market it to women even though it's got nothing that would be enticing to them!"

Geezus. I really see how Nissan almost went bankrupt in the 90's. Talk about a perfect storm of bad decisions. The s14 really should have been designed as hatchback based on the S13's sales figures.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #42701
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #42702
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
So, all the secretary's car talk over the years was just the result of Nissan being too poor at the time to market the s14 to the performance crowd, so some dumbfuck in marketing said, "Hey let's market it to women even though it's got nothing that would be enticing to them!"

Geezus. I really see how Nissan almost went bankrupt in the 90's. Talk about a perfect storm of bad decisions. The s14 really should have been designed as hatchback based on the S13's sales figures.
"*Incorrect design. The previous model was built in both hatchback and notchback styles, with the hatchback grabbing 70 percent of sales. Yet Nissan went with the notchback style for the new model."
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #42703
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
"*Incorrect design. The previous model was built in both hatchback and notchback styles, with the hatchback grabbing 70 percent of sales. Yet Nissan went with the notchback style for the new model."
Right, that's exactly what I was referring to in my statement.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #42704
encludemeout
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
encludemeout is making a name for him/her selfencludemeout is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Flew down to hangout with some friends in Charlotte this past weekend and drove this back up to Ohio.

Excited to get back into an S Chassis.

encludemeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #42705
flartius
Leaky Injector

flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by encludemeout View Post
Flew down to hangout with some friends in Charlotte this past weekend and drove this back up to Ohio.

Excited to get back into an S Chassis.

My condolences...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2018, 04:36 AM   #42706
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Right, that's exactly what I was referring to in my statement.
The hatchbacks have always done better than notchback designs in the US. Another secretary's car, the Mustang was labeled that way, but the fastback was labeled as a racer. Noting the new ones are all fastback's except the vert secretary's car, Ford got it.

Here's a sad fact: There are not enough boy racers, or old guys who love 240's to get Nissan to bring it back, nor even offer NOS parts like they do for the Skyline's. I think I'll start scouring and hoarding parts, then put drift tax on them for my old age 😅😅😅😅💀
Old 02-12-2018, 07:19 AM   #42707
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Agreed. The very 1st sports car I ever saw in my life was my half brother's Dad's orange fastback C3 Vette with sidepipes when I was 4 years old. Ever since, fastback has always equaled SPORTS CAR to me... haha

Coincidentally, I bought my Zenki to let my then girlfriend drive around, who has a secretary at one point... I have zero interest in them until we broke up and I figured I better do something with this car... haha
Old 02-13-2018, 09:48 PM   #42708
carmaniac1993
Zilvia Member

carmaniac1993 is on the path to ruincarmaniac1993 is on the path to ruin

video

Hombres car vvv

A sleeping noble steed from FB3 vvv
carmaniac1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:38 AM   #42709
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmaniac1993 View Post

Hombres car vvv

Looks like Ray G. Only one I know with the D1 Street banner
Old 02-19-2018, 06:23 AM   #42710
encludemeout
Zilvia Member

encludemeout is making a name for him/her selfencludemeout is making a name for him/her self
Had some time and got this registered and cleaned out last weekend.

The interior was super dirty.. My guess is that a window was broken, and it sat outside for awhile. Ended up removing the seats and console and shampooed everything. Came out okay, but I might end up just doing new carpet from stockinteriors. We'll see.

encludemeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #42711
Ratpack_Chad
Zilvia Member

^^ Looks like it came out pretty clean
Old 02-19-2018, 01:15 PM   #42712
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
^^ x2 .. also, got more pics of that red Zenki?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:01 PM   #42713
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
It Me.

Need to clean up some of the vacuum lines and wiring. Working on the gas tank now. Could definitely use a respray in the near future, but there isn't a lick of rust on the chassis which is difficult to find in the midwest.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #42714
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

vdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the rough
After fixing my old duraflex kit about 3 times it was time to switch up the aero. Can't ever go wrong with SE lip and kouki skirts. Will probably stay that way for a while til I finish up my KA-T.

Wheel specs are 17x9 +15, -17 after spacer
18x9 +38, +13 after spacer

pos by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

pos2 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
vdubkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:22 PM   #42715
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrapids View Post
It Me.
^^ ahh. I see it now. From encludemeout's photo, those wheels looked totally different. They fit well w/o aero, what size are they?(sorry if this was already asked)

Old 02-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #42716
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
17x9.5 +22
Old 02-21-2018, 07:58 AM   #42717
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

^^ Yes!! Love seeing 17's done right. Almost makes me want to keep my S14..... almost.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #42718
struka
Zilvia Member

struka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to struka
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubkidd View Post
After fixing my old duraflex kit about 3 times it was time to switch up the aero. Can't ever go wrong with SE lip and kouki skirts. Will probably stay that way for a while til I finish up my KA-T.

Wheel specs are 17x9 +15, -17 after spacer
18x9 +38, +13 after spacer
What event was that?
Old 02-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #42719
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

vdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the rough
Ice Bowl at the smokies stadium in Sevierville,TN.
vdubkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #42720
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote