Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
shruken240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
shruken240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 The s13 "Tanjuice" Build

My names will and my 240sx has been a pain in the ass since the beginning. I started by searching craigslist for an s13, mainly because i regretted selling my first car, a black s13 hatch.

Main reason i sold it was because it was automatic and the tranny was giving out. Other than that it was solid with about 100k. I knew nothing about working on cars so i thought doing a 5 speed swap would be the hardest thing ever. So there went that car. This all took place right after high school in 2010
With the little funds I had I ended up buying an s10 blazer. This was the first car I really started messing around with and learning some basic mechanical skills.

After driving the blazer for a while and attending a couple of automotive classes I started to miss the s13. So I started searching around for a new s13 but nothing to serious. It wasn’t until I went to my first formula drift event at Irwindale in 2012. I then decided I wanted to build a drift car and was going to learn in the process.
So I finally found a good looking 91 s13 coupe and picked it up with the few bucks I had and some assistance from financial aid lol.

So when I bought the car I didn’t really inspect it well and was just excited to be getting another 240. I also didn’t know how to drive stick so I had my brother test drive it and he said it felt solid, so I was sold on it. I had it parked at my brothers while I learned stick on a friend’s car. When it came time to drive the car home the worst of luck got me. I was on the freeway going up a hill when boom, a loud knocking sound started coming from the engine. Rod knock, I checked the oil dipstick and it was dry no type of oil in the engine. Like I said all types of bad luck for me with this car, but wasn’t quitting just yet.

So I took it the car to a recommended mechanic to do the engine swap. Found a good deal on a ka24de and picked it up.

As for the mechanic, I ended up getting hustled. He charged me about 800 bucks I think and he took about 6 months to actually get the job done. He also was supposed to install a stage 3 clutch but no stage 3 in my car smh. He did end up getting the job done though but it took him forever.

Theres more to this build but ill update later
shruken240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #2
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shitty of him to take 6 months! but i guess you didnt pay a huge amount compared to most engine swap prices!

looks good
shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:26 AM   #3
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

AzS13hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
$800 is a lot and especially to take 6 months to REPLACE the engine, not a swap, he is still ka. Thats absurd
AzS13hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:26 AM   #4
Sinamex

Sinamex is an unknown quantity at this point
Shady people
Sinamex is offline   Reply With Quote