Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #6961
NOLAG
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
NOLAG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_86 View Post
Really? I been searching the only thing I found was a chart that showed they where different. Could u foward me more info that show me what ur saying is true?

The ultimate final drive gear ratio thread. : 240SX Technical Forum
Technically no ...lol only because we put one in my friends stock s14 and it was mint
NOLAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #6962
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Ok I did a little more search and found out u copy and pasted that answer
difference between jdm vlsd and usdm vlsd - Nissan 240SX Forums
That conversation was about clutch types not ratio so I'm think there's a diffrents still. Please if u don't know for sure don't post

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #6963
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S14 SR20DE/T MT are 4.083
S14 SR20DET AT is 3.916
S14 SR20DE AT is 4.083

Pop the pumpkin off and rotate till you see the numbers stamped on the ring gear.
49/12 = 4.083
47/12 = 3.916
Old 07-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #6964
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
I have seen some cars with small pipe as radiator hoses instead of the full hose, is there an advantage for that or is it just for looks???
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
Ok..seen mostly threads on fitting it to a S13 (which that can clearly be done) with the Misaligned Bushings Stance makes...but
Why would you want to put an S13 subframe in a s14? The S14 subframe is superior in design.

I'd assume the mis alignment bushings could work in reverse, but you'd probably need to install them opposite of how you'd do it in a S13 no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertheless View Post
My Sr will start hesitating when Im stepping on the gas at a constant speed, but will go away if I step on it or let off. Anybody know what it could be?
Take a video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAG View Post
is this the correct spot for this?(vacuum block)?
installed a vacuum block and for some reason its not strong enough to open my BOV ,also i might have a vacuum leavk did the carb cleaner trick and cant find nothing....my questions are is this vacuum block in a good place?(dont mind the black vacuums,their teed into eachother because i didnt have caps)
Location of the block makes no difference. Where is your source from? I hate those block things, esepcdially when there are plenty of vacuum sources on the OE piping, to include tapping the EGR port on the manifold if you have a block off plate.

PS: Push those vacuum linees on those fittings more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAG View Post
also when i removed my EGR ,i was left with one open vacuum i plugged with a screw scene in this picture,but now using it for my boost gauge ..just figured id show incase i was doing somthing wrong..any ideas?thanks
You did cap the EGR port off right? That screw is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_86 View Post
Ok I'm trying to get vlsd for my stock s14 5spd I wanna Get vlsd but still remains stock I got a guy selling me an an s14 vlsd but the guy selling one doesn't know if it's a jdm or usmd or if it came from at or mt. I know they have different gear ratio. My question is there a simple way of finding out and how dose different ratio effect my car?
Be aware that some JDM units are from skylines, and they have 4.3 ratios in them as well.

You can also put a VLSD unit into your current housing if you're that concerned as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Pop the pumpkin off and rotate till you see the numbers stamped on the ring gear.
49/12 = 4.083
47/12 = 3.916
Or cheat and count driveshaft revolution per tire revolution. If it goes over 4 it's a 4.08 Less mess that way

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #6965
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Why would you want to put an S13 subframe in a s14? The S14 subframe is superior in design.

I'd assume the mis alignment bushings could work in reverse, but you'd probably need to install them opposite of how you'd do it in a S13 no
In the full Question..I'm trying to see if a S15 frame will drop into a S14.

I've seen alot of people Put S15 frames in a S13 with diff bushings, but thats all I could find searching for what I'm asking.
Clearly the S14 should be better than S13.
*Some people say its a direct replacement and Lines up perfect/same as S14 with extra bracing/diff suspension geometry.

I need more info on S15 Subframe.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #6966
Drose
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Drose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My upper timing cover was cracked so I bought a used one. Is it gonna fit right with out being decked with the head?
Drose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #6967
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Or cheat and count driveshaft revolution per tire revolution. If it goes over 4 it's a 4.08 Less mess that way
4% difference between a 4.08 and a 3.91. I doubt most people can see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
In the full Question..I'm trying to see if a S15 frame will drop into a S14.

I've seen alot of people Put S15 frames in a S13 with diff bushings, but thats all I could find searching for what I'm asking.
Clearly the S14 should be better than S13.
*Some people say its a direct replacement and Lines up perfect/same as S14 with extra bracing/diff suspension geometry.

I need more info on S15 Subframe.
The Sub-frame to frame mounting studs are in the same location on the S14/S15. It will bolt right in. I never measured the arm points but it does have some extra welds/bracing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose View Post
My upper timing cover was cracked so I bought a used one. Is it gonna fit right with out being decked with the head?
The lower you have to with the block because it will jack the head up. The upper is hit and miss if the bolts line up or not.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #6968
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
joefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
anyone ever have a cv boot rip from rubbing the RUCA?

I drove my car after a few years today, and i got back and noticed the passenger side exploded and the driver side left black marks from the boot on the RUCA.

my car isnt even as low as it used to be and ive never had this problem...maybe they are just old/weathered?

S14, cusco ruca, low chassis, blowin cv boots.
joefresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #6969
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
I did some searches and came up with a few leads that lead nowhere...can anyone point me in the direction of this build...if there is one out there? Or another build using a BN Sports Blister widebody? THX

STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #6970
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
OK so I tried looking for over a half hour so I will post here. I have a 98 base model 240SX and was thinking about going with the ichiba 5 lug conversion. is that all I'll need other than 5 lug wheels and rotors or is that it.
JDM SPUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #6971
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM SPUG View Post
OK so I tried looking for over a half hour so I will post here. I have a 98 base model 240SX and was thinking about going with the ichiba 5 lug conversion. is that all I'll need other than 5 lug wheels and rotors or is that it.
Conversion hubs are for S13's. If you have a S14 just get OEM 5-Lug hubs and bearings.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #6972
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
S14 240sx question,

Would it be easier to get 10mm bolt on spacers or just get some 60mm extended wheel studs and get slip on spacers?

My main concern is with the extended studs. Dont want to have to buy new lug nuts haha.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #6973
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OEM Steering Wheels

I'm looking at steering wheels, a leather upgrade wheel for my S14. I like the 4th generation Maxima steering wheels and searching I found it fits (very close to the Kouki S13 wheel). I'm wondering if the early 2000's Sentra SE/SE-R/Spec-V steering wheels will fit (as in splines to the stock and turn signals, I'll figure out the C/C)? I remember it was comfortable when driving my brothers 2002 SE, and it has a sporty look to it, a nice update. Any Information?
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #6974
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Would it be easier to get 10mm bolt on spacers or just get some 60mm extended wheel studs and get slip on spacers?

My main concern is with the extended studs. Dont want to have to buy new lug nuts haha.
I'd personally never run bolt in spacers, just not enough 'meat' IMO (especially at 10mm) to be safe in my mind.

With that said, you could get the ARP studs for our cars, I believe they retain factory lugs.

On my personal car, I run aftermarket studs front and rear, and just run domestic style lug nuts.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 07-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #6975
Hyperhockeydude
BANNED

Hyperhockeydude is an unknown quantity at this point
What is the FL 75 used for in the fuse box? Doesn't seem to exist in my car
Hyperhockeydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #6976
quantum-kid

quantum-kid is an unknown quantity at this point
so i have an apexi pfc and commander for my s14 sr20det that was professionally tuned. ive never had nor messed around with a pfc. my question is if my battery dies or i disconnect the cables to replace it will my pfc settings be lost?
quantum-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #6977
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
I have seen some cars with small pipe as radiator hoses instead of the full hose, is there an advantage for that or is it just for looks???
so no answer to me question???
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #6978
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
I'm not too familiar with the PFC but I highly doubt it would erase your tune.
JDM SPUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #6979
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum-kid View Post
so i have an apexi pfc and commander for my s14 sr20det that was professionally tuned. ive never had nor messed around with a pfc. my question is if my battery dies or i disconnect the cables to replace it will my pfc settings be lost?
As long as the harness is wired correctly with constant and switched power to the ecu it will save the settings before shutting down. If it is shutting down correctly now you should have no problems.

Some people wire the constant to switched for an easier wiring job. It's fine on a stock ecu but the PFC will never save it's settings if it doesn't have it. Every time you start up is like starting it for the first time on the base tune.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #6980
RoXiE.S14
Zilvia Member

RoXiE.S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quick question, can an exhaust for an "s14" fit on both a Kouki and a Zenki?
Yes I know stupid question, but that's why we're here
RoXiE.S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #6981
quantum-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoXiE.S14 View Post
Quick question, can an exhaust for an "s14" fit on both a Kouki and a Zenki?
Yes I know stupid question, but that's why we're here
yes it will fit on both
Old 07-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #6982
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM SPUG View Post
I'm not too familiar with the PFC but I highly doubt it would erase your tune.
Wrong quote buddy
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #6983
quantum-kid

Quote:
As long as the harness is wired correctly with constant and switched power to the ecu it will save the settings before shutting down. If it is shutting down correctly now you should have no problems.

Some people wire the constant to switched for an easier wiring job. It's fine on a stock ecu but the PFC will never save it's settings if it doesn't have it. Every time you start up is like starting it for the first time on the base tune.
it is shutting down correctly now so i should be good. thank you for a fast reply, greatly appreciated!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #6984
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperhockeydude View Post
What is the FL 75 used for in the fuse box? Doesn't seem to exist in my car
All the accessory's. Seems like your fusebox has been hacked.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #6985
RoXiE.S14
Zilvia Member

RoXiE.S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum-kid View Post
yes it will fit on both
Sweet and simple, thanks man
RoXiE.S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #6986
quantum-kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoXiE.S14 View Post
Sweet and simple, thanks man
not a problem
Old 07-26-2011, 02:42 AM   #6987
Hyperhockeydude
BANNED

Hyperhockeydude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
All the accessory's. Seems like your fusebox has been hacked.
Hacked? ha you have no idea what i've had to fix from my car being a drift whore, so what wires go to the FL75?
All my accessories work by the way, thanks for the reply
Hyperhockeydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:39 AM   #6988
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
used as an extension on sr w/usdm radiators. The top hose connection is on different sides. There is no advantage nor is it for looks. It's ugly, imo.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 AM   #6989
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's typically used in 2 ways:
1. When someone doesn't feel like getting the right hose, or a correct hose isn't possible when putting Engine XYZ in Chassis ABC

2. If you're using a high pressure (race cars somtimes) system, and want to eliminate long lengths of hose (although at that pressure it's easier to go with A/N lines, or Sillicone high pressure hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefresh View Post
anyone ever have a cv boot rip from rubbing the RUCA?

I drove my car after a few years today, and i got back and noticed the passenger side exploded and the driver side left black marks from the boot on the RUCA.

my car isnt even as low as it used to be and ive never had this problem...maybe they are just old/weathered?

S14, cusco ruca, low chassis, blowin cv boots.
Probably just old and junky. It should never EVER get close to the RUCA enough to rip the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
used as an extension on sr w/usdm radiators. The top hose connection is on different sides. There is no advantage nor is it for looks. It's ugly, imo.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #6990
Origin
Zilvia Member

Origin is an unknown quantity at this point
I will be buying valve guides very quickly here and I need to know if there is anything besides OEM Nissan at $20 a piece that will last a long time on a turbo ka. I've seen Z1 and supertech bronze so far. Are these durable? Or drop the dime on Nissan?
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote