Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mazworx SRVQ Transmission Adapter Pt 1

Mazworx SRVQ Transmission adapter kit

I've named this part 1 because its not a full review. My car still needs a few more parts before it can drive. I will continue updating this once I make more progress. Some might say, why not wait until everything is completed? I believe the initial review is just as important as the last.

After looking through the instructions and the parts, I felt a little disappointed. Up to this point, Mazworx never posted instructions or said what it took to get this to work. I tried calling, emailing, contacting through IG and never got a reply. So I took the risk and placed my order. (its my fault) If I had the chance to see the instructions prior to ordering, I would have gave this a second thought before spending $1750.

Some of the major points to keep in mind for those thinking about this, the instructions tell you to sawzall the bellhousing and cutoff 3/8" from the input shaft. This completely voids the warranty on my new $1800 transmission The welds on the tranny crossmember in this kit look questionable. I couldn't get any good pictures because of the poor lighting and its powder coated black. The shifter doesnt have any markings on it. Hopefully its not ebay.

The shifter bracket is only held on by 2 bolts. Theres no support at the bottom like oem. I'm no engineer....I just hope it wont brake. I mean it shouldnt, as long as no one tries to sit on it

Instructions

Part 2 coming in a couple months.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2016, 05:06 AM   #2
ProjectPanda13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
ProjectPanda13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ProjectPanda13
Thanks for the informative post. I'm subscribing for updates. Hope all works out.
Latez
ProjectPanda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I also got my kit in the mail last week and wasn't 100% happy with what I received.

This was originally marketed as a COMPLETE kit, which it is not. The shifter does not come with the reverse lockout plate that goes on top of the shifter, or the spring that goes under the shifter cup. A new oem transmission does not come with these parts, and I've been having trouble finding these parts online to order them. Particularly the lockout plate. Also, it should have came with a linkage from the shifter to the gear select rod on the transmission, not requiring you to have somebody cut and then weld the original shift linkage. This could have easily been provided by Mazworx.

The kit was originally marketed as fitting in the factory shifter position. Sure, it fits in the area of the shift boot, but I did not expect to have to cut the shifter hole in the chassis multiple inches to accommodate their shifter. Especially when other companies have made shifters that DO fit in the stock shifter hole with no cutting required at all.
Bringing me to the shifter itself, it appears to be either a Circuit Sports or B&M Z33 short shifter, or even a cheap ebay knockoff of them. It is unclear what it is exactly. This was the most disappointing part in the kit as I fully expected a custom shifter solution made by Mazworx, and not just a relocation bracket. This is something I repeatedly inquired about since pre-ordering in November and never got a response on the matter until it showed up.

As far as warranty and trimming the input shaft, I can't imagine anybody warrantying the transmission anyways after you cut the bellhousing off, even if the input shaft didn't need to be trimmed.
From the beginning it was clear that the bellhousing would have to be cut off because it does not un bolt in the required area like an sr/ka trans does for example.

The welds on my transmission crossmember look great to me.

At this point I'm most likely going to be buying a shifter kit from another company for 3-400 more dollars, that is already complete and doesn't require additional parts to both be sourced, and have to have parts fabricated on my own. The shifter offered by InsaneDrifters seems to be the best thing available right now. Sadly I'm kind of wishing I would have went with an InsaneDrifters complete kit in the first place as it uses the factory dowel pins to center the input shaft unlike other adapter plates, and I could have had it at my door months ago for less money.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #4
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
DAMM, sucks they gave false advertisement on "100% complete kit".

I'm glad I didn't pre order it
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:28 AM   #5
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

I never thought mazworx would do this. I feel emotionally raped =_= The shift linkage pisses me off. Its such a small item that it should have been part of the kit. I thought the whole point of this custom bellhousing was that you could use the factory shifter location without cutting shit. SHIT just dont add up
Old 03-16-2016, 01:01 AM   #6
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
I remember seeing the rendering of this on their website a while ago and was pretty excited. But now seeing how the bellhousing has to be cut off and the gap after assembly, doesn't really scream "precision", especially for the price. It's a nice part but like mentioned above, the stock design doesn't lend itself to being adapted to the SR easily.

How long has this been on the market now? Your kit is the first I've seen.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:45 AM   #7
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Double post
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:46 AM   #8
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Gents, i think this will help out!

http://hokeperformance.squarespace.c...-shifter-mount
Old 03-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #9
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
I remember seeing the rendering of this on their website a while ago and was pretty excited. But now seeing how the bellhousing has to be cut off and the gap after assembly, doesn't really scream "precision", especially for the price. It's a nice part but like mentioned above, the stock design doesn't lend itself to being adapted to the SR easily.

How long has this been on the market now? Your kit is the first I've seen.
The first kits just shipped out a week or two ago. The gap after installing the bellhousing is completely dependent on how precise you want to be when you cut the transmission. If you want to take the time to make it a tight fit then it can be done with almost no gap. However even with the gap no parts of the transmission are "open" to debris since the new bellhousing is sealed to the front input shaft cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post

This is no better than the shifter bracket that comes with the Mazworx kit. It looks to be almost the same exact positioning, and you still have to cut and weld the stock linkage. There are other shifters available that maintain the factory shifter position and don't require any additional welding or modifications on the installer's end.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:43 AM   #10
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post

This is no better than the shifter bracket that comes with the Mazworx kit. It looks to be almost the same exact positioning, and you still have to cut and weld the stock linkage. There are other shifters available that maintain the factory shifter position and don't require any additional welding or modifications on the installer's end.

yea but for 20 bucks its an option to get the linkage re welded if it wasnt in the mazworx kit
Old 03-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #11
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
The gap after installing the bellhousing is completely dependent on how precise you want to be when you cut the transmission... However even with the gap no parts of the transmission are "open" to debris since the new bellhousing is sealed to the front input shaft cover.
Ah, now I see how that works. That's actually quite clever! I suppose a machinist could make a cleaner cut but now I see it`s not necessary. People on a budget can reduce cost by just making the cut themselves.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #12
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
No matter what you do, if you leave the shift linkeage in the factory configuration (i.e. all the joints still there, with reverse lock out still functional) you pretty much end up with a shifter that is still a few inches rear of where it would be on an SR/KA trans.

The only people i've seen come up with a solution that looks to be shorter is GK Tech which is not in full production yet.

There are things you can do to shorten the assembly up slightly more than just cutting out the linkeage and welding the two brackets to each other, and I went over them a little in a thread I posted awhile back.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p...=1#post5894468
Old 03-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #13
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Did you get the speedo to work?
Old 03-18-2016, 07:22 PM   #14
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prok0 View Post
No matter what you do, if you leave the shift linkeage in the factory configuration (i.e. all the joints still there, with reverse lock out still functional) you pretty much end up with a shifter that is still a few inches rear of where it would be on an SR/KA trans.

The only people i've seen come up with a solution that looks to be shorter is GK Tech which is not in full production yet.

Umm, the InsaneDrifters and the Serial9 shifters both retain reverse lockout, and sit right where the stock Ka/Sr shifter is located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #15
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Bump. FYI Mazworx have heard our complaints. They are working on a V2 shifter solution now, as well as an installation video to cover everything. They said their main goal is to make the customers happy. So before I go with a different shifter solution I'll hold out and see what they come up with this time. Nice to hear they aren't leaving us out to dry though.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:25 PM   #16
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

I hope we can get reimbursed for the shifter>_>
Old 03-31-2016, 01:40 AM   #17
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Or at least some sort of trade in deal.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:31 AM   #18
richmond82
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (30)
richmond82 has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond82 has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond82 has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond82 has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond82 has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond82 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I love Mazworx. They have pride in their work and will take care of you if any issue arises. Waiting for my z32 to s15sr trans kit

Drake: 95 Swapped S15SR Z32 Swapped TT 1991Vert
richmond82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:21 PM   #19
Kylepaschke
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (13)
Kylepaschke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Another update
turns out the bellhousing isnt finished and now they must machine another section for 2nd gear...
Kylepaschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:15 PM   #20
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylepaschke View Post
Another update
turns out the bellhousing isnt finished and now they must machine another section for 2nd gear...

Huh?........
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:36 PM   #21
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

He's on meth.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #22
Kylepaschke
Leaky Injector

The bellhousing doesn't have proper clearance for 2nd gear selector.
They told me they will be giving me a return label to ship the bellhousing back to them for the machining. Otherwise I can try it myself. I'm not trying it myself tho
Old 04-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #23
Kylepaschke
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
He's on meth.
lol incorrect
Old 04-20-2016, 04:11 PM   #24
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Mazworx SRVQ Transmission Adapter Pt 1

Yep, however as soon as they have confirmation that you shipped yours out, they're going to just ship you a new bellhousing that has the correct machining to clear the gear selector rod. I shipped my bellhousing back to them yesterday. That way you don't have to wait for yours to get done, faster for them to just exchange it.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:29 AM   #25
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

This shits f&cking stupid.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #26
Kylepaschke
Leaky Injector

Truth, I already got one back. Not sure if its the same one I sent but yeah its already back
Old 04-22-2016, 11:40 AM   #27
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Damn thats wild fam
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #28
joeapple8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
joeapple8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Would love to see updates, I was totally going to go with the MAZWORX kit after I complete by VE head swap.
joeapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:05 AM   #29
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWGarage View Post
Damn thats wild fam
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeapple8 View Post
Would love to see updates, I was totally going to go with the MAZWORX kit after I complete by VE head swap.
Sorry fam...no updates. I should have some by the end of next month.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:15 PM   #30
mik5082

mik5082 is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe this shifter may help https://www.instagram.com/p/BDmzlORHENm/

i really wish Mazworx can sort this kit
mik5082 is offline   Reply With Quote