Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-08-2007, 01:59 AM   #1
BillyTheChamp
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
alchohol/meth injection? who's done it?

i've been doing some research on it and it seems like a great add on to any turbo car.. since im not going to be doing too much drifting and have always drag raced i think im going to do it.. a few of the evos around here have it done and Boy are their cars beasts.. no i can't get beat by a mitubishi can i? hell no!
BillyTheChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2007, 02:04 AM   #2
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
So what is your point?

Meth injection is awesome, there is a myriad of ways to do it, and its not a drag only application if you know what you are doing.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:08 AM   #3
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
wait,

wheres the drugs and alchohol?
Old 07-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #4
GoodOl'S13
Zilvia Addict

GoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GoodOl'S13
alcohol/meth injection... thought it said addiction nevermind

Secret Society
GoodOl'S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:29 AM   #5
BillyTheChamp
Leaky Injector

BillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the roughBillyTheChamp is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
So what is your point?

Meth injection is awesome, there is a myriad of ways to do it, and its not a drag only application if you know what you are doing.
im just curious who has done it to their 240s and how they are liking it.. any kits they recommend and such.. im getting too use to 15psi on my gt2871.. doesnt feel fast anymore..
Old 07-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheChamp View Post
im just curious who has done it to their 240s and how they are liking it.. any kits they recommend and such.. im getting too use to 15psi on my gt2871.. doesnt feel fast anymore..
I had a coolingmist kit when i was running my 35r. It was pretty cool! Alot of evo/sti guys in my area run it and swear by it. Only downfall is if you run out of meth you can kiss your motor goodbye! Btw you can probably turn up the boost alittle more on a 2871r with out meth or race gas! just get it tuned right!
rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #7
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
He is being safe only running 15psi. Meth will increase the effective octane rating. There are sensors you can install that tell you when your meth is low. I mean, If you run out of gas on high boost the same thing is going to happen, just keep it filled!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #8
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
I run it on my car, and a good pal of mine runs it on his 28rs sentra.

We both use the Aquamist kit, in conjunction with our JWT ecus (JWT has a water program). Stuff works excellent. We actually use our windshiled washer resovoirs as our water injection source (99 cent washer fluid kicks ass).

The easiest way to know if your full, is to just fill it up. If you top it off on a track day, it uses maybe 1/4 to a half of a gallon...that's 4 or 5 30 minute sessions of WOT.

It keeps cylinder temps down, reduces knock, and makes your car smell minty when you fly by

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

projectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to projectdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to projectdrifter
i will be running a smc meth/water kit on my t67 setup. i have driven a few cars that had meth/water setups and yes the owners swear bye it. it doesn't give u hp it allows you to run more timing and change your detonation properties bye lowering intake charge temps. your tuner should tune around the meth setup. i believe jwt does as well.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #10
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

projectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to projectdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to projectdrifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I run it on my car, and a good pal of mine runs it on his 28rs sentra.

We both use the Aquamist kit, in conjunction with our JWT ecus (JWT has a water program). Stuff works excellent. We actually use our windshiled washer resovoirs as our water injection source (99 cent washer fluid kicks ass).

The easiest way to know if your full, is to just fill it up. If you top it off on a track day, it uses maybe 1/4 to a half of a gallon...that's 4 or 5 30 minute sessions of WOT.

It keeps cylinder temps down, reduces knock, and makes your car smell minty when you fly by
when using winsheild washer fluid you want to get winter mix as it has a little methonal added everyone i know runing meth/water calls it smirf piss
Old 07-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #11
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring View Post
wait,

wheres the drugs and alchohol?
That's what I was thinking. Too bad...

would've been an awesome thread
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #12
BillyTheChamp
Leaky Injector

looks like i found a smc kit for cheap locally from an evo user.. does anyone know what i need to do to connect to my ecu? i have a Tomei ECU tuned for 550cc injectors and Z32 MAF and a safc2.. any suggestions?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 PM   #13
johngriff
Post Whore!

When on the meth, it will be like adding 10-40% more fuel, and raising the octane. You will need to lean out your map, and add lots of timing on a dyno to reap the full benifits. You have the tomei programable ecu?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #14
Rezlo
Zilvia Member

Rezlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rezlo
Only use a progressive system, Ive used the DevilsOwn systems and SMC.

Some nissan examples of our findings on South Africa's loverly 89 octane pump gas.

My car, RB25 S14 GT30/40R, PFC, ectr ectr, .8bar pump fuel with about 7 or 8 points of engine noise at WOT, with the meth I can now run 1.4bar with 3 or 4 counts of noise. (waiting for new internals before I push it harder)

My previous car, SR21 S14 GT2871R, .95bar no meth, 1.5bar with meth, and a host of my customers have the same results,

The above is on a 50/50 mix of water and meth, I dont change timing, i just set it up to come on at about .2bar before i used to get noise and max the spray for about .2bar over my maximum boost. works like a charm, if it wasnt for the active light you wouldnt even know it was there, but boy it alowes alot more power to be made,

Ive pulled apart motors that have been running meth/water for over 6 months and have found nothing but clean internals, all the myths of rust and oil contamination are rubbish, my rule of thumb is dont boost for the last mile of your journey, not only will this let your turbo cool down but also get rid of any possible residue, even though thats pretty slim to.

I dont tune for the meth, I use it purely as a safety net for running more boost safely, If you use the right nozzel you dont need to tune for it at all, BUT, you must remember that if you run a wideband it will show you running 1 to 1.5 points richer, not because you are richer, but because the stoichmetric value of meth is 6.4 or somthing (cant remember the exact amount) so it will naturaly try read richer if your WB is giving your A/F ratio thats calculated for gasoline

Hope this helps.
Rezlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #15
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

wow thx rezlo. i had never herd about af change because of meth/alcy. i would recommend using it as a cushion. i have buddy with a wrx that is tuned specifically for meth. and if it runs a low he can basically forget about boosting all together.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #16
Rezlo
Zilvia Member

Rezlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rezlo
see the only problem with that is if you run out or it fails, I can still run low boost and my system will never activate, It has quite a serious warning if it fails so i should be able to let off in high boost if somthing goes wrong before to much damage occures, though, i have yet to see a SMC or DevilsOwn kit fail, and ive probably sold 30-40 of them.

The Stoich of Meth is 6.4, a safe tune with gasoline is 11.5-1, thats 5.0-1 meth (if you were running it straight), as i said above your WB O2 will show about 1 to 1.5 lower than it would without the meth, so dont compensate, because you will run lean,
Rezlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #17
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

sweet i will keep that in mind. or see what my power fc tuner does when i tell him the info. i actually had my buddy wire in some led's that show when the smc system is low(yellow) on meth/water and when the system is in use(green). and if the system ever has an error a brite (red) led lights up. that way i dont have 2 look at the sending unit to see what is happening.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:38 AM   #18
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
JWT has found that the 99 cent washer fluid (with the alchohol in it) actually cools and performs just as well as the expensive meth only mixtures some run.

Our systems are setup to start spray at 4000 rpm to redline when at a certain TPS voltage (or was it MAF...i forget)...when spraying, Clark programed the ECU to make the CEL come on (my call) when it sprays. Works awesome so far.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:20 AM   #19
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Dude i go some meth that will make ur car Do a back flip.Ehh sound good!
rb25_s13*CHUKI is offline   Reply With Quote