Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-03-2018, 06:58 PM   #31
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
What BOV are you running? Make sure its not staying open at idle, and make sure it isn't leaking.
greddy type S bov, its closed most of the time because when im in low boost ill still hear the turbo flutter but good point ill have to check it.
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2018, 06:59 PM   #32
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
Check and clean your iacv and reset your tps correctly with a multimeter. Check for vacuum leaks. You need to recirculate your bov or just tighten it enough that it doesn't open.
My story about a similar situation to yours: About 3 years ago my rb blew up two days before i had to drive half way up the east coast, about 650 miles. I had a ka torn down to a bare block on a stand in my garage. I already had new bearings so i bought a gasket set to complete it at autozone. Slammed it together as fast as i could. Had it in the car the day before i had to leave, all seemed well. Next morning 5am me and my 20 mile engine head out. Had a pit in my stomach for the first few hours but i made it 11 straight hours without a hiccup. Moral of the story; I would have been a million times more fucked if it broke than you will be so stop being a little bitch
not sure what you mean by check the IACV but i did have it out and cleaned it all down with carb cleaner a while back, along with the TPS i have a new one and i calibrated it when i put it on but ill check over it again and look for vacuum leaks again
EDIT youre right ill stop being a bitch and just send it sideways

Last edited by oLemurs; 06-03-2018 at 07:36 PM..
Old 06-04-2018, 12:07 AM   #33
Coupes_FTW
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Coupes_FTW is making a name for him/her selfCoupes_FTW is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Take it to Midas for a 15 pt inspection
Coupes_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #34
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

welp drove it around 40 minutes today and i can say it went pretty well, at the end though after a few pulls i noticed it start to break up at low rpms and make it was pretty hard to start back up. once i limped it home i noticed my fans were not working (wiring issue already fixed) and i got a code for the coolant temp sensor. i was wondering if any of you know what the issue could be, although i dont think i overheated the car because the temperature gauge was right in the middle the whole time. ill start with a new coolant temp sensor sub harness and see if that fixes it (you know crusty nissan wires from the 90s dont hold up) and i will attach a video of what exactly happened.
https://youtu.be/QSg_AEbIe54?t=223
Old 06-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #35
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLemurs View Post
welp drove it around 40 minutes today and i can say it went pretty well, at the end though after a few pulls i noticed it start to break up at low rpms and make it was pretty hard to start back up. once i limped it home i noticed my fans were not working (wiring issue already fixed) and i got a code for the coolant temp sensor. i was wondering if any of you know what the issue could be, although i dont think i overheated the car because the temperature gauge was right in the middle the whole time. ill start with a new coolant temp sensor sub harness and see if that fixes it (you know crusty nissan wires from the 90s dont hold up) and i will attach a video of what exactly happened.
https://youtu.be/QSg_AEbIe54?t=223
to keep you all updated i put the old coolant temp sensor back in and it runs great now.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #36
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
this is gonna be great. let us know how it goes.
went fine made it all the way...
Old 06-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #37
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Get a aftermarket coolant temp gauge. The OEM one has like a 40* window. Its useless.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote